Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old ♥♥"Quick Relpy" for PMs!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Concern

Aloha. I've been here at this ite for many years now, and I've come to notice that VMKF is loosing a lot of members and is becoming less active. We have a total of 21,170 members, and yet when I go on wether it is afternoon or morning there's only around 10 or less members on sometimes 25 if you include the guests. I'm concerned that this fansite may close due to lack of activity and I would really be upset with this. Is there anything possible to do (besides donating because my parents won't let me use paypal or anything on computer) to make sure we can keep this site going? Maybe fixing certain parts of the forum or other things besides contests?

With his concern,

Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 03-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
Aloha. I've been here at this ite for many years now, and I've come to notice that VMKF is loosing a lot of members and is becoming less active. We have a total of 21,170 members, and yet when I go on wether it is afternoon or morning there's only around 10 or less members on sometimes 25 if you include the guests. I'm concerned that this fansite may close due to lack of activity and I would really be upset with this. Is there anything possible to do (besides donating because my parents won't let me use paypal or anything on computer) to make sure we can keep this site going? Maybe fixing certain parts of the forum or other things besides contests?

With his concern,

Stitchco
I'm not sure why someone feels the need to bring this topic up every 2-3 months. All it does is cause a stir within the community and often problems long put to rest end up resurfacing.

Fact; VMK closed and the main topic of this site is gone. We plan to leave the site open for those to remember VMK and have a place to get in touch with their old VMK friends. Perhaps, Disney will create a new VMK which will bring new life into the site, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. Because of the lost of our main topic, the site probably will become less active as time goes on. People find new interests and forget long lost fun that they had here and on VMK. It's not costing us that much to keep the site online especially with the reduced traffic it has now since VMK closed. Though, we've even continued to improve the site and add new features we feel our members would enjoy.

We do not want to change the site to another game's fansite. We have other fansites that discuss Disney's other MMOs. Actually, we feel that changing the main topic of the site would do nothing more than dishonor the memory of VMK and all the fun we all experienced playing it with our friends. We will listen to serious suggestions on how to improve the site, but it is still ultimately the admins' choice as to whether to make those sort of changes. Since we refuse to change the site's main topic away from VMK, that has discounted most of the suggestions that we have heard from our members.

Though honestly, the dwindling activity here on VMKF isn't really up to VMKF and it's staff as much as it is it's members.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:17 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth View Post
I'm not sure why someone feels the need to bring this topic up every 2-3 months. All it does is cause a stir within the community and often problems long put to rest end up resurfacing.

Fact; VMK closed and the main topic of this site is gone. We plan to leave the site open for those to remember VMK and have a place to get in touch with their old VMK friends. Perhaps, Disney will create a new VMK which will bring new life into the site, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. Because of the lost of our main topic, the site probably will become less active as time goes on. People find new interests and forget long lost fun that they had here and on VMK. It's not costing us that much to keep the site online especially with the reduced traffic it has now since VMK closed. Though, we've even continued to improve the site and add new features we feel our members would enjoy.

We do not want to change the site to another game's fansite. We have other fansites that discuss Disney's other MMOs. Actually, we feel that changing the main topic of the site would do nothing more than dishonor the memory of VMK and all the fun we all experienced playing it with our friends. We will listen to serious suggestions on how to improve the site, but it is still ultimately the admins' choice as to whether to make those sort of changes. Since we refuse to change the site's main topic away from VMK, that has discounted most of the suggestions that we have heard from our members.

Though honestly, the dwindling activity here on VMKF isn't really up to VMKF and it's staff as much as it is it's members.
Yes I do realize this Batleth, my point is just that maybe we could also make it half VMK and maybe 30% Disney parks or something. Things that you could do could be updating the "I'm Going to WDW Guide", adding a Disneyland version and adding other country disney park guides. I also suggest to have a Mod, Admin., or Mini-Mod become like a WDW Guider that answers questions sent into him/her and posts them animously on the main page. Another idea is to have a Disney Picture of the Day and guess where the Disney Picture is From contest, where if the question is correct they could get one of the awards like for the joy to the world award or others.

Again these are just only some suggestions that I believe could bring this fansite I've loved so much back to its magical state, even if not as big as it was before. If you'd like me to suggest more I will. I did not mean to sound rude as to bring this subject up and I know you are keeping it up for us.

I do realize and agree with you too that the the dwindling activity here on VMKF is not due to the VMKF staff or should be blamed on them(and of course you) but the members who choose to be inactive. And also I did not mean to re-surface this issue. If you want you may close this thread, and make a new one for me with my suggestions part.

Btw I'm not saying to dis-include VMK from this. I agree that would be an insult and dishonor to our beloved kingdom. I was only suggesting adding a bit more to it about other things such as my suggestions about the disney parks, pic of day, and so on.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 03-16-2009, 07:53 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
To help I suggest maybe invite some to the site =)
Old 03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoop View Post
To help I suggest maybe invite some to the site =)
I have done this before and all it has done is redirect these people away; if there are people already here that are leaving, won't the people we invite here probably leave too?

I agree with you Stitchco.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:06 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I like this site how it is, but an expansion on the topic of Disney Parks would be nice, I must admit.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 

xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
I have done this before and all it has done is redirect these people away; if there are people already here that are leaving, won't the people we invite here probably leave too?
Well your attitude about it isn't really helping... if you want more people to come, have a good attitude about it, not expecting everyone to leave. Really, people need to stop being so negative about the issue. Maybe the member numbers are low, but you need to try and support the site however you can.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Think Think Think
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Thoughtful
TopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
This is Tops speaking more from the heart than as a site admin:

OK the way I see it is the entire Disney Topics forum is there. As Batleth said, it's up to you guys to make of it what you will. If you want a Disneyland guide - write it, we're not stopping you. If you want more parks information to be posted - post it. If you want an identify the picture contest - create one. It may not get the official forums awards as a prize, but gosh there are some amazingly talented graphics people on this forum - have someone create a userbar, a sig, an avatar, something. Just remember as in all cases everything must comply with our site rules. If you're unsure about something PM a mod or admin. Guys, this is your site as well as ours - we just can't be relied on to do everything. Remember we are more than just VMKF - we have 7 sisters sites to maintain and upkeep (VMKF, TTC, POF, CPF, PHF, COF, DOW).

VMKF and VMK were where I started with all this. They will always hold a special place in my heart, and personally I'm thrilled to see people still remembering VMK fondly. However sad to say with the demise of VMK - the main subject of this forum, many have drifted away to other interests. On the other hand we are still getting new members signing up daily. Remember - being "active" on a site doesn't just mean posting, it's anything you do on a site. Take me for instance - do you see me post much? No, not really, yet I'm quite active on this site. I read it daily - multiple times a day in fact. OK so you could argue that is part of my job as a site admin, but then how do you account for other forums I read daily where I am not staff?

Hopefully this gives you something to think about and maybe a different way of looking at things.

~~~

Old 03-16-2009, 10:03 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopazR View Post
On the other hand we are still getting new members signing up daily. Remember - being "active" on a site doesn't just mean posting, it's anything you do on a site. Take me for instance - do you see me post much? No, not really, yet I'm quite active on this site. I read it daily - multiple times a day in fact. OK so you could argue that is part of my job as a site admin, but then how do you account for other forums I read daily where I am not staff?
Well said =) I see multiple people join daily, this site is definitely not dying! I get on maybe one or two times a day (my 2nd visit today!) and I see many users who are faithful to the site =D
Old 03-16-2009, 11:10 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
This has really already been said, but with any number of VMKForums members visiting this site each day, week, month, and year, that is already supporting this site. We are the ones keeping this website open, just because we participate in the threads.

I still visit this site at least once or twice a day, and I love being here. It gives me a great opportunity to chat with friends and make new ones, as well as helping others.

~Minnie
Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Be cool by being yourself
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Cool
ccooldudecool is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have to say, i do miss the old active site VMKF once was, but at the same time that's when VMK was open itself. Right now as i write this there are 25 members online and 35 guests aka 60 people are using this site right as we speak. We're not only losing people every day/week we're gaining people remember that.
~cc