Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old What do YOU want in VMKF?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:43 PM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
What do YOU want in VMKF?

I've been seeing alot of

'VMKF isn't this'
'VMKF doesn't have this'
"Oh, i'm starting to get away from VMKF'
'VMKF is losing its touch'

It's kind of saddening for me, I LOVE VMKF, and I do NOT want it to go away.

So, just asking here, what do YOU want in VMKF, so that you will stay?

~fantasyforever

PS: for those who want a bigger signature size:

Batleth on signature size:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth
We've had it 500x200 for over 4 years. After adding several additional images to posts, increasing the sig size would decrease load times more than you would actually think. Though that drastically depends on your connection speed, CPU, ram, etc.

The way I see it, a lot of people are having problems keeping to the 500x200 size lately. So why should we encourage even larger sigs by increasing them?

Anyway, the 200 height is the important part to the sig limitations. It allows you to view more than a single post per screen on your monitor. If you increase that too much, you will only be able to see a single post at a time. Personally, I find that highly annoying as a person just reading the forums and as a mod trying to review a thread. We've had to increase our post headers a bit to include some new features and that's about as high as we'll allow them.

We do allow some leeway. I don't really care as much if the 500 width is over exceeded as long as it isn't too much. I keep a fairly large screen but some may not. Anyone running 800x600 screen resolution, who knows why at this point and time, but they would have a hard time viewing quite few things on the forums. Though the new standard is 1024x762 and fast becoming 1280x1024 or even large with all the new widescreen monitors. You still have to take the greater amount of users and satisfy them.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:48 PM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Princess
FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I don't think it's a stay-leave situation, but I would like to say that the last time we took VMKF for granted and asked for more things, it closed for a day...
Old 04-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
1. I would like more arcade games.
2. I would like it so you don't have to wait for your comments to come up in the gallery.
3. I would like more days with REP.

Last edited by lucky33325; 04-06-2009 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: forgot the o in so
Old 04-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
:o Not that much can really be done... But I'd like old members to return...
Other than that... Well I've been perfectly happy with VMKF for almost 3 years, and I don't see any reason why not to be so now...
EDIT:
The only real problem is that there's not much posting now, which is only to be expected for a forum with a topic that's now gone...

Last edited by Pisces; 04-06-2009 at 10:22 PM..
Old 04-07-2009, 12:15 AM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
I like VMKF as it is, but its just a little too quiet. Not much we can do about that, but y'know, whatever happens, happens.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
agree with Friez.
and, I want some older members back as well, as Pisces mentioned.
gotta miss the days that VMK was open. And agree with the last time we asked for too much, it closed, and that day, I was really sad. It was VMK closing all over again.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:50 AM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I wish there was just more general activity.
There's usually only about 9 people on [when I check anyways]
and like 4O guests.
I want some of those guests to joinn!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky33325 View Post
1. I would like more arcade games.
2. I would like it so you don't have to wait for your comments to come up in the gallery.
3. I would like more days with REP.
1. Isn't an easy task as it might seem. Gotta go find games at other sites, review their content and links, then add them to the forums. That's if I actually get time between maintaining 6 other forums, DOW, and chat. Just one of those things that will probably on occure once or twice a year.

2. Sorry, but comments are reviewed for a reason. We've found some pretty bad messages left there before and have decided it was just for the best for all of them to be reviewed by a mod first.

3. I recently added additional holidays to the forum's calendar. This should increase the days we'll have rep on. Now I just gotta remember those extra days

Though I have been slowly going through the rep comments left for this year. They've been the best I've seen since we first added rep to the forums. Most of our smaller sites just leave rep on all year and I'm considering doing the same thing here. We've finally got a good balance where it takes someone a while to build up their rep without making it impossible. It's just been the rep comments that has worried us. In the past, there had been some pretty bad comments left for people. No one deserves that kind of stuff, so we've always limited it to hinder those kinds of comments. Removing comments completely just isn't an option at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
:o Not that much can really be done... But I'd like old members to return...
Other than that... Well I've been perfectly happy with VMKF for almost 3 years, and I don't see any reason why not to be so now...
EDIT:
The only real problem is that there's not much posting now, which is only to be expected for a forum with a topic that's now gone...
You're right, not much can be done about that. Activity is pretty low lately. It takes quite a few users to start making good topics for that to change and not always over night.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Your considering turning rep on all year? xD It's probably been the best since the community is getting smaller..
- ace
Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
1). I'd like to see trivia contests and stuff like what you guys do in chat, because not everyone (such as me) can use the chat that often or almost never.

2). I'd like to see some things that should remain updated for others' benifts like the Complete I'm Going to WDW GUide updated.

I have other suggestions and ideas to if you want to hear them.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 04-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 

Here Since Day 1
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
1). I'd like to see trivia contests and stuff like what you guys do in chat, because not everyone (such as me) can use the chat that often or almost never.
I'm not even sure how we could manage that. Trivia in chat is dynamic and competitive with other people trying to get the questions right at the sametime. Sometimes, you can play alone but not too often. Just not sure how we could replicate that same type of trivia here on the forums...

Quote:
2). I'd like to see some things that should remain updated for others' benifts like the Complete I'm Going to WDW GUide updated.
I see the OP is no longer updating the thread. Probably wouldn't hurt if someone is willing to keep it updated, to just create a new thread. Then we can stick the new thread and start a new with the current info.

Quote:
I have other suggestions and ideas to if you want to hear them.

-Stitchco
Sure, that's what this thread is about.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:42 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I know you said in the past that we won't be having visitor messages but considering that we're only allowed 21 private messages in the inbox, it is quite difficult to keep in touch with other members when constantly deleting messages to make more room. Is there anything that can be done about this issue?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Mordigant in VMK
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

improvist_evan is as Frosty as a Snowman
I have an idea- create a sub-forum for Virtual Family Kingdom, the "remake" of VMK, for the many people from VMK who have moved over there. Most of the people I see there have mentioned that they came from VMK originally.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by improvist_evan View Post
I have an idea- create a sub-forum for Virtual Family Kingdom, the "remake" of VMK, for the many people from VMK who have moved over there. Most of the people I see there have mentioned that they came from VMK originally.
Seeing how it's a non-Disney mmo, we've never officially endorsed the game. Frankly, I don't think any of the mods are currently playing the game. From what I hear, the game is declining in popularity rapidly. I do know there are other fansites similar to VMKF that deal just with VFK.

Normally, a subforum is create for a topic which is already taking over another forum's main topic. I did a quick review of the other games forums and only found 3 threads about VFK. None of these threads seem to be very large either. So I'm just not really seeing the demand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
I know you said in the past that we won't be having visitor messages but considering that we're only allowed 21 private messages in the inbox, it is quite difficult to keep in touch with other members when constantly deleting messages to make more room. Is there anything that can be done about this issue?
Thanks for stating this. At some point last year, I changed our standard PM inbox space to 25 for all our forums. I guess, I overlooked making the change here on VMKF. I have no corrected that problem. Everyone should have 25 inbox space.

As to visitor messages, we find that it has inherently the same basic problems as shout outs that were on userpages. People think we don't review those and decide to break policies on them and quite often. It didn't take the shoutouts long to become a moderator's nightmare and afraid the same thing would happen to visitor messages. Neither were meant to be used as chatboxes but rather just a quick message saying how great their userpage or profile is.

A few projects we are working on...

Nick is working on a dynamic sig. This is where you just put the url of the site sig into your signature spot and it'll automatically draw info from your profile to create the sig. We've released them on POF for those that are members there, they have a clue of what I'm talking about. I'm not sure of the time table to add them to our other sites as it takes Nick a lot of work to add them to each site.

We're still looking into ideas how to solve the image hosting problems. This has just been an on going problem with finding G-rated hosting sites for everyone to use.

We recently added more holidays to the calendar and now we're adding site notices for these holidays. The notice will appear at the top of the site on those holidays just like the Birthday announcements.

I created some new header images for VMKF. Hoping to change the top images a bit more often than before. I'm also hoping to find more time to work on the skins. Either improve the ones we have, create new skins, or both. Really depends on how much time I get this year to work on this.

UpInTheAir has been doing the "This week in VMK" threads in the news. Even though some may not get many replies, they sure are getting lots of views. We've decided to keep on doing this as it seems popular enough.

Tepcat will continue to do the monthly site contests.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:39 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth View Post
I'm not even sure how we could manage that. Trivia in chat is dynamic and competitive with other people trying to get the questions right at the sametime. Sometimes, you can play alone but not too often. Just not sure how we could replicate that same type of trivia here on the forums...

I see the OP is no longer updating the thread. Probably wouldn't hurt if someone is willing to keep it updated, to just create a new thread. Then we can stick the new thread and start a new with the current info.

Sure, that's what this thread is about.
With #1 that is understnadable.

With #2- I've tried making a new thread and taking the original so I could update it often and even include FAQs and a News Article page, however to do all this took too much time which I currently don't have too much very often. I'd love to be in charge of updating the WDW Guide, however I just can't see how I can even take that time until at least the summer time mid-way through. Another option I thought of was for you to choose someone who could update the Guide consisently as a Mini-Mod just for the WDW area sub-forums to update the Guide easierly (not a word but I'm trying to give a sense of it). For me it took too much time to do it the other way and take the originals, putting it into a new thread series type of thing, and everything else. If you have any suggestions on how else to do this I'd love to hear it/them.

Also another thing I wouldn't mind seeing is some Disney parked theme wall papers/skins.

-Stitchco who has still much more advice/suggestions
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco