Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Expedition EVEREST News

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-05-2005, 01:55 AM
Oh Buggah...

SoarinSoarin is floating through Inner Space
Expedition EVEREST News

Deleted!

Last edited by SoarinSoarin; 11-16-2006 at 12:02 AM..
Old 11-05-2005, 01:57 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

WDWFutureGirl is as Frosty as a Snowman
it will be finished maybe as early as January or as predicted march
Old 11-05-2005, 02:01 AM
~!Pirate Mania!~

disneyrocks has turned into a sparkling Pirate!disneyrocks has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
From the last time I saw it, which was in June, i saw no place where they could put a loop. They may have changed it when i was gone, but thats what i know of.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
They are running test runs on the track right now,although the scenery is not yet complete.

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 11-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Around...

Poseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Scaffolding is off, Interior has some work to do, Testing still being done. Just minor details.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:08 AM
Around...

Poseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
It's 199 feet tall. I don't think it's the biggest, I think some other places are a wee bit bigger.

E:E was made 199 feet tall, because if it were 200, it would have to have a flashing red beacon on it for helicopters.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Totally Space-eriffic

Spacexalp is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ok here is what i got to say about everest...
The Mountain Structure is basicly done..all the scaffiling in off and then waterfall feature on the mountain will run daily next week.
The Track inside is done because they have started test runs already..the trains are VERY load coming down on the big drop.
No there arent any loops tho the ride will go about 60 mph..tho it will feel alot faster..esepecially going backwards @_@...
As for the village underneath the mountain its pretty much done..there still working on the fast pass kiosks and some of the lighting fixtures..they took half of the walls down so we could see the village.
Disney has released these posters with a website on them that should be up soon about Expedition EVEREST: Legend of the Forbiddien Mountain..tho saddly i can not post it bc the mods on this site will just take it off
Here are some pictures (concept arts and recent photos)
[IMG]http://************/fbyv6v.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://************/fbywk8.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://************/fbywrd.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://************/fbywxx.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Livin' in Deep 13...

Horizons is as Frosty as a Snowman
Sorry SoarinSoarin, but no guests of any kind will be able to ride Everest by that time . You might be able to see the trains running, maybe some imagineers riding, but the ride isn't nearly ready for guests yet. Everything outside is fine, but the inside is no where near done. for a picture I took of the trains running, go to page 10 of the "Everest is coming to vmk" thread.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:30 AM
Livin' in Deep 13...

Horizons is as Frosty as a Snowman
I'm full of facts. Too much to post and Too many more facts than WDI would want me too . here's some I can post:
- Everest is really only two feet taller than Big Thunder Mountain even though the magic of WDI makes Everest look much taller then BTM. That 199 feet does make it the tallest mountain in Florida.
- ride time of 3 minutes.
- The main lift is 112 feet long.
-The final drop is the largest and fastest drop in WDW
-The mountain is really 3 diffrent bulidings put together. If it was just 1 building, the weight would collapse the entire structure.
- The rock work of the mountain is really built in front of a big Show Building like stucture. (this can be seen from the parking lot)
-The temple like building near the wait line was built by people who live by the real Everest and is devoted to the Yeti.

Welcome to the Elements.....
Old 11-05-2005, 06:19 AM
The Pumpkin King

mickeyblind is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Talking

i know a little about it i got to go in it and see it run bc my dad was a construction worker for it. any way it is suppose to go up to fifty or fifty five mph it looks faster i think it has an eighty foot drop or some thing was not paying attention was watching it run. but like who ever started thread is rigth it is the tallest mountain in florida and more than by two feet lol. i know it did also consist of three buildings though not sure about that whole thing about people who lived near and where devoted to yeti built that small tower beside EE but not sure.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Gribbles the Fribbles!

Gribbles is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Insider Pictures!

Test Run with Sand bags

Full Overlook of the mountain

Inside the ride where it looks like your going to fall off

Hope you enjoyed the pictures more coming soon
Old 11-05-2005, 06:28 AM
He is not a tame lion

Wiggins is floating through Inner Space
I read this on screamscape.com...

"In other news, we’ve heard that the park is now seeking CMs to run (Everest) and that a CM preview make take place sometime in either late December or early January to be followed by limited soft open sessions for guests or passholder sneak previews in February."
Old 11-05-2005, 06:32 AM
Zero

PirateMario is as Frosty as a Snowman
here's a pic

Cart Pic!!A.K.A. Steam Donkey

Old 11-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I don't think we can draw an exact ride time while it is still in testing mode, because they can slow things down, speed things up, remove some track; so we won't know an exact time until it officially opens.

-Expedition: EVEREST is a family coaster, with thrills like that of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and overall theme like that of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

-It features an 80ft backwards drop, the largest drop in a roller coaster at Walt Disney World.

-It features speeds above and below 40mph (based on current testing)
Old 11-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Yes, the exterior is finished, but the interior stills needs painting and touch-ups, as there is still tarps covering up some of the walls of the ride.

If testing goes as planned, it will open in Spring of '06, with a soft opening of Feb of '06.

Can. not. wait.

By the way that painting is awesome!