Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old My letter to disney, good or bad ?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:17 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

EliteRichSaucer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Post My letter to disney, good or bad ?

Do tell me what you think I dont know if i should send it or not ?

Dear Mr. Bob Iger

I live in New Zealand. I have been a Disney fan all of my life and have always dremed of having the chance to visit your resorts in California and Florida. Being that I live so far away, I enjoyed being able to log on every day and play for hours on your online kingdom VMK. When i found out that it was cloing i was devistated. The thought of not being able to experience that little bit of Disney magic made my heart break. I write to you today, Mr, Iger to ask Disney to reconsider its choice in closing its online gates. Many children around the world found comfort in online friends who enjoyed the same thing as them. We all have the same thing in common, we all enjoy that Disney spirit. For those of us who live too far away to be able to experience the parks in real life, VMK was a great source of comfort for us. I understand that VMK was a promotion, but for many, it was more than just a promotion, it was a land were you could escape and dreams could come true. We plead you to open those virtual gates once more so that everyone may experience the Disney magic from their home. I do hope to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Regards

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 09-17-2009 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: personal information
Old 09-17-2009, 04:23 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
Very good letter, although you may want to use spellcheck

~Key
Old 09-17-2009, 04:33 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Very nice and thoughtful letter. I like how it's simple and clear rather than aggressive and aimless like some other letters have probably been. I appreciate your sending this letter, if you haven't already.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:27 AM
Awards Showcase
Epitaph Participant's Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Procastinating
Palkia is as Frosty as a Snowman
Use spell check.
Otherwise, it's pretty good.

I'm a scene kid XP
Old 09-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: SaveVMK
starwolf97 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You should send it. We need everybody to involve in telling disney we want vmk back or we never will.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: SaveVMK
VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Bravo! You should check the spelling though. I think that at the end of the letter it's kind of sad and hopefully Disney will have a heart and listen to your letter. But most likely they won't listen..... WHAT AM I SAYING?!?!?!? send that letter and have confidence in yourself!

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy
Old 09-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Marty Mcfly Rulez :D
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Curious
Disney Master 500 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It's a lovely letter. =)
I like how it was made rather clear and simple, but still discussing the point.
You might want to consider spellcheck real quick, though.

~Disney M.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Thanks guys, yeah im a horrid speller lol. that and we spell some words differently in New Zealand, which is annoying. Well i sent that email early last week and still no reply ... how rude
Old 09-21-2009, 04:09 PM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteRichSaucer View Post
Thanks guys, yeah im a horrid speller lol. that and we spell some words differently in New Zealand, which is annoying. Well i sent that email early last week and still no reply ... how rude
Don't worry about it, I sent an email a month or two back to about a dozen people and have yet to hear from them... I don't think I ever will. Just because they don't reply doesn't mean they don't read the emails

~Key
Old 09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Registered+

BoyNoWhere is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Writting letters to corporations is a good experience, as well as a catharsis of sorts. Just don't have high expectations. If you get a personal reply of any sort, that would be impressive. BTW, you don't have to travel to CA or FL to experience a Disney theme park. Holy cow, Florida is on the other side of the planet from you! Go to Disney Sea in Japan. It is an AMAZING theme park. Could well be the best park in the world.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Kit is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I suggest you add something to it! Have you read the Kingdom Keepers books?

I suggest they re-fund VMK (like a VMK rebooted) as part of a movie based on the Kingdom Keepers books. It could be a HUGE money maker for Disney and since the books rely on VMK.... it would also create a LOT of buzz to bring (paying) players to VMK.

That's my suggestion PM me if you need more feedback, I'm not on these forums very much anymore.

-Kit-
Old 09-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
Don't worry about it, I sent an email a month or two back to about a dozen people and have yet to hear from them... I don't think I ever will. Just because they don't reply doesn't mean they don't read the emails

~Key
yeah, i remember once a while back i sent an email to someone and i actually got a reply, i was impressed haha, i cant remember who it was though :/