Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Events

VMK Events VMK Events

Old Happy Valentine's quest and pin trade!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Banned

Uploading is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Is it just me or is the eye on the eye pin look tired?
Old 02-15-2008, 03:20 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uploading View Post
Is it just me or is the eye on the eye pin look tired?
It's probably from staying up all night to trade with HOST_Phinny.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey Everybody

Dino_Fan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was so mad last night she closed the line when I was at 1
Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Registered+

figgyfan is Buried in Treasurefiggyfan is Buried in Treasurefiggyfan is Buried in Treasure
Woot Phinny does indeed rock, she owns all the other hosts! I was the last to trade with her, planned on giving her a 5* levitation with the jolly roger I offered for tink, and she said keep the levitation, and snuck in mighty eye!! So can we get a head count of all those that got eye pin yesterday? I have 4 confirmed:

Figgyfan
HathowayB
CapnMonkeyBrains
eaglesfanforever
Old 02-15-2008, 09:24 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyfan View Post
Woot Phinny does indeed rock, she owns all the other hosts! I was the last to trade with her, planned on giving her a 5* levitation with the jolly roger I offered for tink, and she said keep the levitation, and snuck in mighty eye!! So can we get a head count of all those that got eye pin yesterday? I have 4 confirmed:

Figgyfan
HathowayB
CapnMonkeyBrains
eaglesfanforever
While I'm not going to cry, "Favoritism!" over this, I certainly don't believe that these pins are given out randomly, but rather at the whims of the hosts. And that, of course, is not fair. Still, it's not like I even bothered to enter the queue, and I do congratulate all the proud new owners of the Mighty Eye.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered+

figgyfan is Buried in Treasurefiggyfan is Buried in Treasurefiggyfan is Buried in Treasure
Nope, not really... All the people I know that got one have been good friends to Phinny and offered her above and beyond just as a plain gift not expecting anything in return. She wasn't just dishing them to her favorite rich kids.

Last edited by TooHip; 02-16-2008 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: No need for name calling
Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Give A Little Whistle...

My Mood: Bighug
vanillabug is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Nope, not really... All the people I know that got one have been good friends to Phinny and offered her above and beyond just as a plain gift not expecting anything in return. She wasn't just dishing them to her favorite rich kids.
Which is exactly Neoteny's point. He simply stated that he didn't believe the pins were being given out "randomly". Giving it to friends is not random. Not trying to take a side here, just keeping it real.

Last edited by TooHip; 02-16-2008 at 12:40 AM..
Old 02-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Meanest Player Ever
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 1

mickey0794 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I'm pretty sure the mighty eye pins were totally given out to favorites...
You'd think a Disney-owned company would try to make it more fair....
Disney has it's own little set of values @_@

Favortism is not right, in any situation.
Phinny should have stuck to Tink and the others...
She instead put in eye in [ faorite's ] trades, making the event COMPLETELY unfair.

Last edited by mickey0794; 02-15-2008 at 10:54 PM..
Old 02-15-2008, 10:50 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey0794 View Post
You'd think Disney would try to make it more fair....
Disney has no say in the matter. All Disney does is send a check.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Kungaloosh!

AdventurersClub is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey0794 View Post
You'd think a Disney-owned company would try to make it more fair....
Disney has it's own little set of values @_@

Favortism is not right, in any situation.
Phinny should have stuck to Tink and the others...
She instead put in eye in [ faorite's ] trades, making the event COMPLETELY unfair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillabug View Post
Which is exactly Neoteny's point. He simply stated that he didn't believe the pins were being given out "randomly". Giving it to friends is not random. Not trying to take a side here, just keeping it real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
While I'm not going to cry, "Favoritism!" over this, I certainly don't believe that these pins are given out randomly, but rather at the whims of the hosts. And that, of course, is not fair. Still, it's not like I even bothered to enter the queue, and I do congratulate all the proud new owners of the Mighty Eye.
Phinny did not have to run this event at all; none of you know exactly who received a "surprise" in their trade besides the people who came forward. I don't care how jealous and or bitter you all seem to be, but unless you have the facts to support your belief please do not try to vilify Host Phinny. This is uncalled for and hurtful, she was trying to be nice and spread some of the magic on what seemed to be a disappointing Valentine's Day in VMK.

She obviously wanted this to be a surprise event, there has not been a trade event in many weeks, and it sort of made up for no Valentines Day pin. If you all feel she is "playing favorites" maybe she shouldn't have "surprises" anymore. A lot of work goes into these events; it is really hard on Phinny to host a trade event for three hours straight. Hosts are real people with real feelings; I truly hope she does not see this thread of her being accused of a practice of which she was in no way doing.

Nothing VMK does will please everyone, I ask you this, entire question, and how would you make the event such as a trade event better? I would ask this question, if any of you received an eye pin, in an event such as this would you insist the Host keeps it due to your belief of unfair distribution? How much do double standards influence your opinions? Host Phinny works very hard working, caring, kind host, who wanted to make a handful of people happy. This is no different then Dreams Month, the people who received a "surprise" be happy for them, do not try to make Phinny out to be a villain, she works way too hard to have her feelings hurt on a fan site.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Meanest Player Ever
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 1

mickey0794 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurersClub View Post
Phinny did not have to run this event at all; none of you know exactly who received a "surprise" in their trade besides the people who came forward. I don't care how jealous and or bitter you all seem to be, but unless you have the facts to support your belief please do not try to vilify Host Phinny. This is uncalled for and hurtful, she was trying to be nice and spread some of the magic on what seemed to be a disappointing Valentine's Day in VMK.

She obviously wanted this to be a surprise event, there has not been a trade event in many weeks, and it sort of made up for no Valentines Day pin. If you all feel she is "playing favorites" maybe she shouldn't have "surprises" anymore. A lot of work goes into these events; it is really hard on Phinny to host a trade event for three hours straight. Hosts are real people with real feelings; I truly hope she does not see this thread of her being accused of a practice of which she was in no way doing.

Nothing VMK does will please everyone, I ask you this, entire question, and how would you make the event such as a trade event better? I would ask this question, if any of you received an eye pin, in an event such as this would you insist the Host keeps it due to your belief of unfair distribution? How much do double standards influence your opinions? Host Phinny works very hard working, caring, kind host, who wanted to make a handful of people happy. This is no different then Dreams Month, the people who received a "surprise" be happy for them, do not try to make Phinny out to be a villain, she works way too hard to have her feelings hurt on a fan site.

I talked to Phinny about this. 10 Eyes were given out. some to GUESTS. ( so maybe not faovrtism, but still thinking it might have a little to do with it )
She also said next month, she will have MANY pin trading events [ waves flag ] I have pictures of her saying it, but being regi-modded I cannot post them.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:51 AM
If the boot fits..

TheRealPumpkinQueen is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
meriam webster defines favortism as......

1 : the showing of special favor : partiality
2 : the state or fact of being a favorite

you state... " All the people I know that got them have been good friends to Phinny " Hmm? sounds like favortism to me .
In my opinion ( not that it matters) Any pin that was not offered to all who entered the room and offered only in trade box to "friends of Phinny" is not random.
oh and FYI anyone who can give away 5* levitation is a rich kid.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:54 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
This is no different then Dreams Month.
Yes, it's pretty well agreed that Dreams Month was a disaster.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:58 AM
Kungaloosh!

AdventurersClub is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
Yes, it's pretty well agreed that Dreams Month was a disaster.
The point is not how successful a poorly planned month theme was; my point was the "surprises" were random, very much like Dream Month was in that aspect. No one except Phinny knows exactly who received a bonus pin, perhaps there was a pattern she followed. Perhaps it might be best to inquire with her before making rash assumptions that may or may not have truth in them.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:00 AM
If the boot fits..

TheRealPumpkinQueen is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:

I do not believe anyone is trying to make Phinny or any other host a villain. The point that was being made is that it does not appear to be as random as we are all lead to believe.
We are all very greatful for the time that the hosts spend putting together these events.