Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old Slowness of Getting on VMK

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 6

VIP
My Mood: Dreaming
izzie is floating through Inner Space
Slowness of Getting on VMK

Ever since 2 days ago, I have been having to wait atleast 10 minutes for vmk to load @_@
This is seriously annoying. 0_0
What is up with this?

When I first joined VMK back in June, I had this problem also and thought it was my slow computer. (Even though its not slow o_o)
After halloween, It started to load MUCH faster, but now it is back to the way it was when I first joined >_<

And It takes forever for characters to load and such and my clothes take forever to load and this NEVER happened!

I REALLY need help because if it isn't solved, I'm quitting cause it takes me 10 minutes for vmk to load, 5 minutes for peoples stupid swirling blue bodys to load, and 5 minutes+ for my furnish and clothes to load totalling up to over 20 minutes..

Do you reccomend me sending this to Contact us? IDK just help pls
Old 01-13-2008, 09:55 PM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: AFK
MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
Yeah, I joined, like, the first day VMK opened and it took forever. I could understand that; hello, brand new game, they have some bugs, of course!

I really was not expecting that 2 YEARS into the game, it would still load slow. But there again, can you blame them? Some people ONLY get on VMK to get the items when they take a break; so really, there are massive amounts of people trying to all log in at once.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoSmoothie View Post
Yeah, I joined, like, the first day VMK opened and it took forever. I could understand that; hello, brand new game, they have some bugs, of course!

I really was not expecting that 2 YEARS into the game, it would still load slow. But there again, can you blame them? Some people ONLY get on VMK to get the items when they take a break; so really, there are massive amounts of people trying to all log in at once.
=[ I hope my problem and yours is fixed soon
Old 01-13-2008, 10:18 PM
June 2nd 05 - May 21st 08
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Author
coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
i've also noticed this.
vmk was slow, so i cleared my cookies and all that bad trojan-virus stuff, to try and make it faster.
My computer is lightning fast, VMK- isnt.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:40 PM
May I have your shoes? =3
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award 

My Mood: Bighug
icefire_dragon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've noticed this problem, too. I joined about a week after VMK started, and everything was totally fine! But now, it takes me 20+ minutes to log in, 10 minute for my clothing to load, and about 2 minutes for my furnish to load. Its bothersome.

~Ice
Old 01-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

PaperClip is floating through Inner Space
I've been noticing this as well. My computer's very fast as well, and it still takes a long time for it to load. Yet another reason that I don't play VMK much anymore...
Old 01-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 

Accountant has disabled reputation
It was taking me about 15 minutes to load too then we did a defrag on the computer and now it loads fast again. It started for me many months ago too. We even bumped up my memory and it didnt help until we did defrag.
try and see if it doesnt help you too.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase

VIP
Ermm. I'm not as you would say ' hi-tech ' What and how do I de-frag my computer?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:57 PM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase

MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
It's loading fine for me now. However, going on at night (at around 6:00), when everyone is on, I either can't get on, or it loads a bit slower than it usually does.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase

VIP
congrats choco
did you do anything different?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase

Nope. I think it was just that it was a weekend, etc.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase

VIP
Im not enjoying this - its still happening
and I have sent a more detailed message to contact us
Old 01-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase

VIP
Update; Contact us sent me a detailed message of how to fix it. It had a list of about 10 things to do (all of them each being a individual suggestion) I did 3 of them, and VMK Is continuing to be like this.

I still need more advice, please help!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Oddly enough.. Mine has been acting much better lately

But this morning... Uh.. Not so good. Too many people are getting on...
Old 01-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Ermm. I'm not as you would say ' hi-tech ' What and how do I de-frag my computer?
Click on "start" -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Defragmenter.

You should get a gray box that pops up. Click on "Defragment". It will run in the background. I'd recommend doing this while you aren't trying to run other programs.

Also, in general, VMK has been running slow for a LOT of people. Could be the times of day, could be the days. Just be patient, I'm sure it will resolve itself.