Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old It's in the Guinness World Records!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:34 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
It matters because VMK doesn't deserve to be on the list. The list is of the top 10 games that you should play, as in the future. Of course, VMK has been closed for 2 years so that's impossible. I'm sure fans of the #11 game care because their online game didn't make the cut due to the mistake. It's nice to see VMK mentioned in a publication, but don't you think it should be mentioned because of its merit and not because of a mistake? It's like if Carrie Underwood won an award for Best Rap Artist. If you're a big fan of Carrie's, you may be happy that she received the award, but you know she doesn't deserve it because she's not a rap artist. She was in the wrong category.

So you can be happy for the fluke, but there is no significance to the ranking.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
But Ryan, think about it. The chances of Carrie being in the Rap category are very slim if you ask me.
Sure, it was a mistake. But at least it makes a nice memory. Maybe it was a mistake of what category it was. Maybe it was supposed to be in the 'BEST SOCIAL GAMES OF ALL TIME' meaning like, even if it closed. The thing is, that it's there.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:48 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: SaveVMK
DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
It matters because VMK doesn't deserve to be on the list. The list is of the top 10 games that you should play, as in the future. Of course, VMK has been closed for 2 years so that's impossible. I'm sure fans of the #11 game care because their online game didn't make the cut due to the mistake. It's nice to see VMK mentioned in a publication, but don't you think it should be mentioned because of its merit and not because of a mistake? It's like if Carrie Underwood won an award for Best Rap Artist. If you're a big fan of Carrie's, you may be happy that she received the award, but you know she doesn't deserve it because she's not a rap artist. She was in the wrong category.

So you can be happy for the fluke, but there is no significance to the ranking.
Aw, go on, don't spoil it..
Old 04-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
But Ryan, think about it. The chances of Carrie being in the Rap category are very slim if you ask me.
Sure, it was a mistake. But at least it makes a nice memory. Maybe it was a mistake of what category it was. Maybe it was supposed to be in the 'BEST SOCIAL GAMES OF ALL TIME' meaning like, even if it closed. The thing is, that it's there.
It's similarly unlikely for VMK to be mentioned as a game for people to play in the future as it is already closed. That's the point I was trying to make.

I agree that it makes a nice memory. But my point was that it's kind of a letdown that VMK didn't receive proper recognition. We got in the publication based on a mistake rather than actual merit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCalvin View Post
Aw, go on, don't spoil it..
I can't see how I'm spoiling anything; I'm just pointing out that it was a mistake.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:54 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Again, does it matter?
If VMK were open, this would be a completely different story.
And maybe VMK was supposed to be on a different list.
There are plenty of typos in books.
Who says this isn't one?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 

Exactly, Buzz. Maybe it was a mess-up in the category. But hey, it's cool that VMK is getting recognition for something. Yeah.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:03 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
My point exactly.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:03 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
Again, does it matter?
If VMK were open, this would be a completely different story.
And maybe VMK was supposed to be on a different list.
There are plenty of typos in books.
Who says this isn't one?
You don't have to think it matters whether VMK wins "The Best MMORPG of All-Time" or is accidentally mentioned on a random cereal box, but personally I see a difference between recognition by mistake and by merit. If VMK were open, then yes, this would be a grand accomplishment. But it's closed, so the mention is a mistake.

Perhaps VMK was supposed to be on a different list, perhaps it's a typo. We don't know. But we do know that it's a mistake and that's the point that I'm trying to make. It matters because VMK only made it into the book based on a mistake and not based on its merit. VMK deserves more than a single accidental inclusion. That right there is my take on it. You can respond again by saying "Again, does it really matter?" and I'll respond just the same. To me, it matters because VMK was a magical game that truly deserves more.

Quote:
Exactly, Buzz. Maybe it was a mess-up in the category. But hey, it's cool that VMK is getting recognition for something. Yeah.
I think it's cool to see VMK published somewhere besides in our posts on VMKF, but I don't see how VMK is truly earning any recognition from a misinformed ranking.

I'm happy we're in the record book, but we're in it for the wrong reason.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Maybe it was in the right place, but the typo was the title.
There's a chance it could happen.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:32 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

Alright Ryan. I get your point. It was a mistake.
Now can I guess that it was a mistake in the category? Yes, it's a mistake. But it's still recognition for something, which is always nice.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
Maybe it was in the right place, but the typo was the title.
There's a chance it could happen.
That very well could be.

Quote:
Alright Ryan. I get your point. It was a mistake.
Now can I guess that it was a mistake in the category? Yes, it's a mistake. But it's still recognition for something, which is always nice.
I think I finally get your point now too . The Guinness editors thought that VMK was still open, and in thinking that it was still open wanted to encourage readers to play it. So while it's ultimately a mistake, the editors had good intentions of honoring VMK assuming that it was still open.

Does this come anywhere near what you were thinking? Because I think this theory is a definite possibility. If not, then I'm sorry for trying to type while I'm half-asleep.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
I really don't care if it's a mistake or not. The main Guiness World Records book is the best-selling book in the world (other than the Bible) and VMK got a mention in it's sister-book.

I'd rather celebrate the thought that it got a mention rather than dwell on the fact it didn't get enough!

I might go buy the book for the sole reason of this. Then I'd just love to get my hands on a ceral box and I'll be done, haha.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
My Mood: VMK
LuckyJazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah, I just might go out and buy the book. This is pretty good considering how long VMK has been closed and its #9 on the list.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Awesome! Disney should consider opening it because this can bring them a lot more popularity.
- ace
Old 04-30-2010, 06:00 PM
I miss VMK!
Awards Showcase
Epitaph Participant's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Super Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 17

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: QuiteMad
LexieandTink is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That's pretty sweet.

-tINK