Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Updates/Changes

Site Updates/Changes Information from the admins about changes to VMKF's site and content.

Old VMKF Temporary Site Closure/Gallery Changes

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:48 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
When I saw the message yesterday the first thought that came to my mind was, "What about my purple scrolly that I worked hard for!"

But I'm glad VMKF is back up. I've been a member since March 2006 and I try to stay active and visit daily.

I'm glad about this new gallery rule because I stopped posting pictures since I had a hard time finding a hosting site.

THANK YOU!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:49 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Kid Bugs View Post
Once upon a time there were three bears the Poppa Bear said "My porridge is too hot" the Baby Bear said "MY porridge is too hot" the Momma Bear said "All you jerks do is complain! I Quit!"
Haha, lol. I could totally picture that in my brain.

I hope you guys enjoyed your break! It was obviously needed, and I hope the complainers learned a lesson.

I'm also glad to hear about the gallery! (btw, loving this new emotes )
Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissInformed View Post
I am sorry for posting that "All the rules" topic. I just wanted to rant about it a little, because it was how I felt. I had no idea it would go so out of proportion, it would close the site for a day. However, I don't think it's true that if you say the site is dying, you are the cause for it closing. How can one little member close down a whole forum?

But, yeah.
I said "if you're arguing about the rules and stuff, or saying the site is dying" so it's a collective thing, if you say that you're adding to the fire, not helping anything causing the staff to think about closing it more. So everyone who was complaining, not just about this forum "dying" was the cause.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Yesterday Batleth's message reminded me of April 7, 2008 and that we cannot take this site for granted. Thanks for not keeping it closed any longer than you did, I would've gone insane!

And thanks for the Gallery changes. Though I use FileAve, it will help many people who were former users of YouShare.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I loveee you.♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Cheerful
SemmaSweetie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ahhh. thanks for coming back :]!
i was so sad yesterday that i had no chance to play some
trivia in my spare time. i'm getting more interested in trivia
playing now. haha, im learning a lot about disney and stuff.

i know the closure yesterday was necessary, and i'm hoping
that those who were complaining learned their lesson. o:
Old 02-23-2009, 10:47 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
Thanks for not keeping it closed any longer than you did, I would've gone insane!
I felt the same way. I almost fainted when I first saw the message.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:07 PM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Thank you to anyone involved in the instilling of discipline on this site. Hopefully it has changed the thoughts of certain trouble makers.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Haha, lol. I could totally picture that in my brain.

I hope you guys enjoyed your break! It was obviously needed, and I hope the complainers learned a lesson.

I'm also glad to hear about the gallery! (btw, loving this new emotes )
Those emotes have some big ears. Mickey doesn't have big ears because he has a big head. LOL
Old 02-23-2009, 11:49 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
Yesterday Batleth's message reminded me of April 7, 2008 and that we cannot take this site for granted.
Exactly! It happened once and we can't let another amazing site fall apart.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 AM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Thanks, mods/admins! I won't call you guys staff. You guys aren't. You guys volunteered to do this. Staff get paid to do things, you guys don't. At any time you could've said. "Oh. these people..I'm not gonna mod/admin anymore!" But you didn't.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

~fantasy
Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 AM
HEY YOU GUYS!!!1!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
Spottedleaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Kid Bugs View Post
Once upon a time there were three bears the Poppa Bear said "My porridge is too hot" the Baby Bear said "MY porridge is too hot" the Momma Bear said "All you jerks do is complain! I Quit!"

I know your a evil rabbit, but that was funny. xD

The closing yesterday, like most of the people on VMKF, made me shocked, but I finally saw that we needed it, I don't think the rules are strict, why does everyone think that? I've seen stricter sites then here and the sister sites.
But it'll be easier to add my signatures to my gallery, now! ^^'

THIS IS HALLOWEEN! ....Too early.
(My accounts on the other sister sites)
|TTC|PHF|
Old 02-25-2009, 02:11 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Wow! I can't begin how to say how great these new changes are! The "no pending photo request" will be a great change. I plan on using it all the time now Members, please don't upload inappropriate images on the gallery. We wouldn't like the nice staff to revoke it.

These changes may be the boost that causes all our recent "quitters" to return

Thanks Mods/Admins!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Thanks, for doing the closing thing. It really helped us all cool down. Now if they only did that on VMK....

And the image thing was a great idea! It'll really help people out, getting images out faster, and keeping it moded will keep us safe! Great improvments, guys!

Old 02-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Gone
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 12

Fairy has disabled reputation
Ooo. Pretty new smilies....
Anyways! Yea. I agree with most of the posts, VMKF Did
need a closure, and it also reminded me how much I loved
VMKF. VMKF Has been with me for like.. 2 years? Ive always
have gone on this site when I was bored, and its
taught me so much, and by looking at other users wonderful art has always
been inspiring me to draw more.
[ Which sometimes is a bad thing when I'm doodling when I'm supposed to be paying attention in class ]
But yeah, I think it was a good choice to close it for that time.

P.S- Ooo! Gallery update! Yay for the gallery! XD

Last edited by Fairy; 02-25-2009 at 05:14 AM..
Old 02-25-2009, 05:01 AM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
When I tried to get on yesterday, and saw that, I thought it was going to be closed a week or so. I was so close to having a breakdown, rofl. It definetly woke me up.