Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > In-Park Quests

In-Park Quests Discussion about official In-Park Quests - Closed Till Quests are added back to Parks!

Old Breaking News!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Still miss VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Happy
Noelle is floating through Inner Space
Breaking News!

The VMK quest cards are gone!!!! Greenhpper is at VMK Central in the Magic Kingdom and has reported that they are out of cards. They ran out of the Mickey TV cards yesterday afternoon and we allowing people to substitute another card for it. They ran out of the rest of the cards last night.

Wait, more information just in. The cards have been restocked but there is no space magic.

Last edited by Noelle; 09-30-2007 at 03:08 PM..
Old 09-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I am not surprised, today is the last day after all. I suppose they are handing them out in handfuls, just to get rid of them?
Old 09-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Still miss VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Happy
Noelle is floating through Inner Space
I was there yesterday morning and they were not giving out any extras.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:47 PM
A Marker that is Orange

Orangemarker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm not surprised, today is the last day for VMK Central.

Although I never went there, I'll miss it
Old 09-30-2007, 03:09 PM
fight for your vmk
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Angelic
PrincessAnnO is as Frosty as a Snowman
Keep me updated. I really don't have the time to go this afternoon but was going to...I've got green's number, guess I'll give her a call before I leave.

(hey...I'd pay to continue to play...anyone second that opinion?)
Old 09-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
iWhippedCream is spinning in a Cursed Storm
So if Magic Kingdom is stopping VMK Central...does that mean VMK Central is coming to Disneyland?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Alorin

alorindanya is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thank you so much for letting me know this! It saves me the time to run over there, I'll just stay home today.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Penguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
It's very sad how this has happened. I thought VMK Central was busy, maybe VMK is going to slowly not do cards anymore... slowly.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Alice In Wonderland Rocks

My Mood: Bored
strikemaster is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, I loved that place. I would go but I don't want to for two reasons: 1 I don't have money for a ticket and 2 I'm banned for life so it would be pointless lol
Old 10-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
So if Magic Kingdom is stopping VMK Central...does that mean VMK Central is coming to Disneyland?
No, sadly. The VMK presence in both parks is now severely limited. You can still find a few items (Pirate Pin sets / Nemo Sub Middles / Magic Mirrors), but the redeem-for-prizes quests are all finished.

There are still computers to log in with at Disneyland's Innoventions, and word is that the WDW computers are moving to the Arcade near Space Mountain. But nobody knows if these are permanent.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
DysLEFTic Southern Yankee
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

greenhpper has disabled reputation
OK dokie all, here's what we saw happen while there this weekend. Saturday am saw the first and biggest wave of ppl. When we went to check at that time they said they were "out" of salad spinners and TVs (not true lol). At closing on Saturday, everything was gone. We had hoped for a restock on Sunday so maybe closing ppl would get a thank you present.
Sunday am, we roll in about 9:15 and no cards. We hang out for a bit talking to other ppl from other boards when a cast member pops in with an armful of various cards. Again, they had only some of the current cards. They found a small stack of TVs and salad spinners but no space magic. Over the course of the day we checked in and found the supply would wax and wane. Apparently there was a "person" there trying to redeem approximately 50 tickets () and at one point was overheard comenting on the number of cards received that day. Sigh
All in all, was a bitterweet ending to a two year tradition. Guess that leaves only DLR with cards (mirror and press).
BTW, there was absolutely no indication by any staff that the computers were going to Tomorrowland. Today the shop is scheduled to be open and the computers perhaps but the VMK kiosk is shut down.

RIP VMK central.