Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive no posting

Old Super Bowl Tailgate Party - The Wrap Up

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Super Bowl Tailgate Party - The Wrap Up

Super Bowl Tailgate Party – The Wrap Up

The VMK Super Bowl Tailgate Party was a big success! Thanks to all the players that participated in the event. If you missed it, our in-game HOST handed out prizes and players played VMK as the big game played out.

Everyone that entered VMK that day got a special VMK 2008 Bowl Pin and many players got even more special surprises!

Here's a quick look at just a few of the player created rooms the Kingdom got to enjoy!

Is ppiglett a Giants fan? From the looks of it, we'd say so!

Midien was prepared for the action with this awesome VMK Home Theater set up!

ForeverWDW was ready for the big party! And so were guests with their own chair and side table for snacks!

Check out VMK's other great events happening this month!

------------------------------------------------
TravisSch Notes

Here are some bigger room pictures for your enjoyment!

ppiglett: Link
Midien: Link
ForeverWDW: Link

Check out my VMK memory that was featured in the VMK Newsletter right here.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
< All my Pink dogs! :)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

sunnyskye is floating through Inner Space
Oh wow, three hosts in the last room! I was there too...lol.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Retired Arcade Player
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Arcade Winner Joy To The World Arcade Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park
My Mood: Hopeful
BaseballStarz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
wow! i LOVE midien's and foreverWDW's room the best
i can't decide which!

but congrats to my friend midien, and foreverWDW~!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Guest Room Interior.

My Mood: VMK
virtualmagicguy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow crazy fun day that was .. So many good rooms all over the kingdom =)
Old 02-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Check out my Userpage!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Stitch-ish
nateyboyisweet is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Those rooms were sweet. I wish i could make that kind of a room. But i do have a room called VMK sweetest heart and i think it's pretty beastly.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Tour for short
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

mktourist is as Frosty as a Snowman
First off, thanks! to VMK for having the foresight to see that everyone received a pin when they logged during the event. Also, thanks! to all those who created rooms to share with others. Congratulations! to everyone who was fortunate enough to win a prize during the Host Event.

That being said, I think the picture of Forever's room perfectly illustrates a major concern that many have over the awarding of prizes. There were many rooms that were not visited by a single Host during the event. Yet, here in one room we have three Hosts at the same time. I wonder where anyone would get the perception of favoritism. I know that despite the fact that Hosts are not supposed to befriend players, they are bound to enjoy the company of certain individuals over others. This in itself is not a major issue other than the fact that their appearance within a room is connected to the awarding of prizes. I think that it's fair to say that examples such as the one above demonstrate an inequitable delivery system for the process.

I won't elaborate further since I've already done so on other threads here in this forum. I will ask VMK Staff to reconsider this method of delivery. Failure to address legitimate concerns over favoritism or inequity is harmful to their credibility.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Doctor Hoo's #1 fan =]
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Magical
prinsess_chloe is as Frosty as a Snowman
well done to all the people and a super big well done to my bff on vmk ForeverWDW!!! well done my good friend!
Old 02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Great rooms! It was a fun day.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Secrets of the VMK member

ForeverWDW is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktourist View Post

That being said, I think the picture of Forever's room perfectly illustrates a major concern that many have over the awarding of prizes. There were many rooms that were not visited by a single Host during the event. Yet, here in one room we have three Hosts at the same time. I wonder where anyone would get the perception of favoritism. I know that despite the fact that Hosts are not supposed to befriend players, they are bound to enjoy the company of certain individuals over others. This in itself is not a major issue other than the fact that their appearance within a room is connected to the awarding of prizes. I think that it's fair to say that examples such as the one above demonstrate an inequitable delivery system for the process.

I won't elaborate further since I've already done so on other threads here in this forum. I will ask VMK Staff to reconsider this method of delivery. Failure to address legitimate concerns over favoritism or inequity is harmful to their credibility.
So sweet of you to point out my room However just so you know .. having three staff in my room had nothing to do with me but rather Fin and Hurricane wanted to stop and say Hi to Hula. So FYI dont jump to conclusions before you ask. Had you asked I would have explained it. And if you were in that room you would have seen me re-enter my room many times to allow in as many players as I could, instead of talking with them.

Thank you to everyone I hope you all had as much fun as I did cheering on your team or favorite commercials. Thanks for a wonderfull day
Old 02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Retired Arcade Player
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Arcade Winner Joy To The World Arcade Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park
BaseballStarz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
forever is a good person, who cares about staff favoritism? or whatever you said. it was a good room and a fun party, congrats again forever!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Registered+

jaxkool is spinning in a Cursed Storm
tailgate rooms

It was a fun day and all the rooms look great! Congrats and an extra special congrats to my dear friend ppiglett!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Tour for short
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

mktourist is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverWDW View Post
So sweet of you to point out my room However just so you know .. having three staff in my room had nothing to do with me but rather Fin and Hurricane wanted to stop and say Hi to Hula. So FYI dont jump to conclusions before you ask. Had you asked I would have explained it. And if you were in that room you would have seen me re-enter my room many times to allow in as many players as I could, instead of talking with them.

Thank you to everyone I hope you all had as much fun as I did cheering on your team or favorite commercials. Thanks for a wonderfull day
Thanks! for your explanation, although, none was really required. It would seem that you've taken some offense to my comments. I assure you that there was no intent for you to perceive it that way. I'm certain that you are a fine person. My thanks! to you as well as the others for contributing rooms for everyone to enjoy.

It was just that the particular image clearly illustrated a concern that exists regarding the means by which prizes are awarded. The delivery method chosen brings undo scrutiny on the room owner as well as the Staff. It is my hope that the Staff realizes this fact and finds a less controversial methodology for future events.

Regardless! it is clear that you created a great room. My compliments on that.

Last edited by mktourist; 02-12-2008 at 07:19 PM..
Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Formerly known as C.lo

See.low is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktourist View Post

Rant *cough*
Seems to be a pattern around here.

If your biggest concern is the host visits being connected with the awarding of prizes then here's a little math for ya..
3 sets of red ears = only 1 prize per guest in the room. (Same as any other room visited.) In fact, I didn't even get a prize. meh

Now on to more appropriate talk for this thread...

I thought the Super Bowl Tailgate Party was a really fun event. I loved the competitive comradere between players. Yet it was kept on a fun and playful level. Loved it VMK.
Woot! Med and Forever! Awesome rooms as always.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Trader

cedog12 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i was in forever's room and i thought it was cool with 3 hosts but they should go to all rooms and hang out for a little bit andher room was not even good i saw way better rooms that had more fun not to sound rude jsut my opninion
Old 02-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
No Patriots room? Hmm... last I knew they did play in the Super Bowl.