Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive no posting

Old Esmeralda Trivia - 03-03-08

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Esmeralda Trivia - 03-03-08

Introducing the prophet of wisdom, the knower of all things and Disney trivia expert – Esmeralda!

On the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Disneyland, the two drop hills at the beginning of the ride do more than take guest down a waterfall. Besides providing a good thrill, what do the drop hills on the attraction do?

Know the answer?

Send your answer in using Contact Us. Be sure to have your VMK registration info with you and select Esmeralda Trivia from the drop down menu.

IMPORTANT: If you do not submit your answer by using the 'Esmeralda's Trivia' option in Contact Us your answer WILL NOT be considered.*

From the correct answers submitted using the Esmeralda's Trivia option, we randomly select three players as the winners and send them specially selected prizes that vary from week to week.

The three selected Trivia winners receive the Esmeralda Trivia Pin.

This week's prizes include:

Turn into Shark Magic (Single Use)

Fireworks Magic (Single Use)

-------------------------------------
Last week's question:

How many "Happy Haunts" are in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland Park?

Answer:Officially, still 999.

Although the outside of the Haunted Mansion was completed in 1963, because Walt and the Imagineers were working on the World's Fair attractions in New York, time didn't permit for them to focus their attentions on the inside. During the time Walt was quoted to say, "We'll take care of the outside and let the ghosts take care of the inside." To let Guest know what they may expect from the mansion a sign was left on the door telling them Walt was out recruiting ghosts. The attraction opened to the public in 1969.

999 Happy Haunts make the Haunted Mansion home, but as our Ghost Host in the mansion reminds us, "there's always room for one more".

Did you know: Disneyland held an online auction for the right to be named the honorary 1000th "ghost." A doctor from Louisiana (who had only visited Disneyland once) was the winning bidder and paid $37,400 for the privilege. The money was donated to the Boys & Girls Club chapters of Anaheim, CA and Baton Rogue, LA. The winner is honored with a tombstone which appears in the attraction (it's near the end of the graveyard scene).

Winners:

mattyz
RealFinalFrog
Coasterfan

* Only entries submitted by using the Esmeralda's Trivia option in Contact Us and sent by close of game on Friday will be accepted.

Check out my VMK memory that was featured in the VMK Newsletter right here.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:11 AM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
got it right congratulations to the winners of the week!
This week I don't know the answer good luck everyone!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Got it right again but still didn't win.. Arg!
Old 03-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Registered+

Khaki_footed is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I know.......
Old 03-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Silly boy.

My Mood: Woot
GoofyLuke ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I would just want the pin.

The single uses are worthless..
Old 03-04-2008, 02:56 AM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
Oh oh! I know this one! *raises hand*

I'm SO turning in the answer when I got home to a computer with VMK access, lol.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Are they completely done with the Push's Trash Trivia? I loved that pin better than the Esmerelda