Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive no posting

Old New Items In emporium!! (6 November 2007)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMelissa View Post
I don't think that because she was wearing a particular color when she was awoken should allow it to be defined as the "classic, accurate choice" and to just disregard the other color, grouping it in as "junk".
I'm not classifying the color as junk, I'm classifying the junk that features her in that color as junk. Because it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Heh heh, you knew I couldn't resist jumping into this debate, didn't you?

Historically, Sleeping Beauty promotional materials, books and other merchandise always featured her in the blue dress, up until the start of the whole "Disney Princesses" promotion. That's about three or four decades worth of precedence set.

The vintage poster you may be thinking of really looks more purple than pink, but it was one of those pieces that wasn't an accurate reflection of the movie artwork. (Some of Disney's original Cinderella Golden Book artwork is also a good example of this.) It was a rare exception.

As far as the movie scenes, the dress is blue at the end of the "magic wand fight", blue when Aurora arrives at the castle, blue for the spindle scene with Maleficent, blue for the entire tower chamber sequence, (which includes the famous shot of her asleep) and blue when she wakes up. Pink returns only at the very end of the movie, when the colors flash back and forth while she is dancing.
Yeah, girl! That's what I'm talking 'bout! And so on.