Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old Hi everyone

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Hall of Fame

Grandma is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hi everyone

I'm Grandma, the new mini mod for this forum. I want to repost some things Tepcat said in her thread because I think it needs to be readdressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepcat View Post
The most common rules violated are:
a. Spam – multiple posts and nonsense posts
b. Violence – I do not allow kill, dead, guns or blood
c. Romance – No boyfriends, girlfriends, or kisses

Spam – Responses are appreciated by the authors, but keep it on the subject of the story. Nonsense posts will be deleted. If you want to act silly while you are waiting for the story to continue, then use the java chat button on the front page (right column) and talk with each other in real time. The toontown chat room is almost always empty and Nick would love for all of you to chat there and have fun. You could also use it to work on RPGs and then copy and paste the chat onto a post and do some quick edits. I also consider anyone not a mod to be spamming when they tell others about rule violations. PM me, do not post it.

NOTE: It is not considered to be double or triple or even quadruple posting when the author of the story is writing a story.

Violence – I have found that by focusing on removing the above four words – kill, dead, blood, guns – the amount of violence within the stories/RPGs has reduced dramatically. That is the primary reason I was editing posts originally. Once you have to stop and think of an alternate word, then the story changes a bit and it is usually a better story. It is also against the G-rating the forum has in place. Bugs Bunny may appear to harm things, but everyone knows that nothing bad actually happens. Make sure that is also understood in your stories/RPGs.

Romance – And this is my current reason to edit posts. I understand that you are starting to notice the difference between boys and girls, but it is not G-rated. If I allow you to post about boyfriends and girlfriends then we will get married and then we will have kids and before I know it, we’ll have posts discussing how people get kids. In order to keep the G-rating (and I WILL keep the G-rating), I am not allowing the above words to be mentioned except as the ending to a story. If the story has the boy kissing the girl and then they ride off into the sunset with a huge heart closing the screen – cool. Otherwise – you will either be edited or removed.

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...nd_Disclaimers

Tepcat
Kitty Mod - GIRL
I am planning on going through all the stories and editing out a lot of violations I have been seeing. From this day forward I expect the rules of the site to be followed.

I've really enjoyed all the stories I've read so far and hope to keep enjoying your creations. There are some very talented people on this site.

Just remember to keep within the policies of VMK and everything will go smoothly.

Thanks!
Grandma