Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney TV > Test Pattern

Test Pattern Do not adjust your set. This is the Archive forum for the DCFC

Old Protest Against Disney

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Random is my middle name
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

RockieRoad is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggarty View Post
There should be more House Of Mouse!
That's what I was JUST about to say!
Sheesh, man, I loved HOM!!! BRING IT BACKKK!!!

*That's Rockie talk for chyeah, sign me up!!*
Old 08-16-2008, 03:33 PM
legallyblondethemusical
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

futureimagineer1117 is floating through Inner Space
I think instead of doing full shows of classic cartoons they should put shorts of them in like they do for As The Bell Rings.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
I understand Disney wanting to target the cash cow that is the tween set, but I think they need to diversify their approach. It seems that almost everything on the Disney Channel is directed to one specific niche, and that can't be the best way to maximize your appeal. There are thousands of hours of classic programming that I firmly believe kids of all ages would show interest in; such as the original Disney cartoon shorts, Silly Symphonies, classic Disney movies (I can't remember the last time I saw anything shot before 2000), and the Disneyland show and its many incarnations, hosted by Walt himself!

The main reason I'm a such a big fan of Disney today is because I saw where they came from; I was lucky enough to grow up with the classic Disney Channel (80's and early 90's) and as such, I've seen all of the wonderfully unique and imaginative programs they offered to cover a vast spectrum of tastes and interests. Has the corporation really lost sight of the fact that without Walt and his vision of quality art offered on all levels, there would be no followers? Those shows have stood the test of time so far, because they've created a generation of loyal customers who spend a lot of money based on their sentimental memories of classic entertainment.

Call me a cynic, but I just can't see people being nearly as inspired by or becoming life-long fans because of shows like Hannah Montana or anything else that currently monopolizes the channel. Frankly, I think it's terrible foresight on their part. Sure, things change and there's nothing wrong with adapting to today's youth, but it doesn't mean they should ignore the timeless and incredible offerings of yesteryear, because I don't think their viewers would if they had a choice. I'm just afraid that the sense of magic, imagination, and limitless opportunity that propels the majority of Disney fans today will start to fizzle and even become lost in a single generation if the company doesn't wake up soon.