Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old A Response from WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Keep up the work everyone! We can do this!
- acefredfred
Old 04-10-2008, 10:52 PM
So's your face :p
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Insomnious
iLoveTheRain has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamytime View Post
Remember when Epcot 25th, Disney said no plans they wont do it and look they caved in and did a special 25th celebration just because of a few hundred people.
I'm not aware of that situation, so I can't really comment on it. I had not even heard about it. :p I have, however, seen the suits of the corprate Disney discontinueing projects, altering policies, etc despite an immense outpouring of negativity. Perhaps in your situation they simply had not planned something, and threw something together at the last moment. That is really very different than starting the cogs in motion that will discontinue an entire project and back-peddling afterwards. I'm not saying don't fight...i'm just saying that we are not the first group to be wronged by Disney, to attempt to fight to change it, and to be completly ignored and placated.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 PM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: AFK
MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
We cannot let this discourage us. We can keep fighting for what we think is right.

We have nothing to lose.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Keep VMK Alive!!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
HaveAMagicalDay is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinniesDream View Post
We cannot let this discourage us. We can keep fighting for what we think is right.

We have nothing to lose.
Exactly!!!!

~HAMD
Old 04-10-2008, 11:03 PM
a mystery to remain??
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

skipper ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Wow.. I am crying, U all are still trying .. U all are thinking that this is not what Walt would want, I'm sorry, U all are doing what walt did NOT want, rebelling?? this isn't Bacon's Rebellion guys, please dont make it that way, Walt always said to move Forward.. u guys are doing the opposite, Yes there are MANY causes worth fighting.. but u all are fighting for the wrong cause, instead u all should be looking to the future.. obviously u aren't.. and by the way, when a TV show gets discontinued, this ussually happens, and its ussually way bigger, but guess what, It does NOTHING, I'm sorry guys, but u all are not building Walt's dream, ur really just building ur own..
Old 04-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Registered+

bopper is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My response to their response:

The whole "moving on" thing is cool for you, but not to the thousands of players who have worked hard in the Virtual Magic Kingdom to collect and obtain items, create rooms, quests and friends. Will you set us up with as much stuff as we had? As many credits?
No, you are telling me to throw away my hard work and PAY to start over! You have got to be kidding! WHy would I play any of your disney online games now that I know that they can be taken away at any time with no notice?

and also

Imagine your employer took your job away and said "That is nice you got up to Senior programmer or VP or manager, but we are arbitrarily telling you that you get to start over as a new employee." Everything you worked for? Gone. Oh, and you get to pay us to start over. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Would you stand for this?

WALT WOULD NEVER DO THIS. NEVER.

You have "new paths" in the Parks, but I missed where you every CLOSED DOWN AN ENTIRE PARK! A new ride? Take away an old one? Sure. You did that in VMK too. Some rooms came, some left (Discovery Island), but the virtual park was always there!
Old 04-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Registered+

andersla is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Angry

Well I got the same response:

Hey VMKers,

Thank you for contacting The Walt Disney Company and VMK.

We have received an outpouring of feedback regarding our decision to close VMK. We are overwhelmed by the responses and enthusiasm of our guests, but unfortunately our decision to eventually close VMK is set. We have explored many different options, including a pay to play model but have decided to focus more of our time on our new virtual worlds coming soon, which we are sure that you will love as much as VMK.

Deciding to close VMK was a very difficult decision for us because we loved creating VMK just as much as you loved playing it. But in a company that encourages innovation and creativity we have decided to “keep moving forward” and exploring where the future takes as, because in the words of Walt Disney, “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

Thank you for being part of this journey with us, and we hope we continue to see you at Disney.com enjoying what we imagine next!

Sincerely,

Your friends at VMK

BIG MISTAKE DISNEY - HUGE MISTAKE!!!!! DO NOT CLOSE VMK!
Old 04-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

BeachCutie34 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm going to email them but sorry how do I contact them again? If they close vmk, I'm NOT playing their "future" game that they want to replace vmk. I think there's more to the story and they're probably hiding something.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Neeeeeed Sleeeeee.....Zzz
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

cteddiesgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmkrebs View Post
keep moving forward with vmk by adding new games and such! not get rid of it!
Exactly!

Would they be "moving forward" by closing one of their real parks?
I don't think so.

This is a lame excuse.

I'm doubling my efforts.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:15 PM
VMK name - LadyCopper

ladycop67 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Just got the same reply myself, must be sending it out to everyone that emailed them.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:16 PM
a mystery to remain??
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Guys, ur all fighting for an empty cause, its a simple and true fact, I love VMK with all my heart, but I cannot fight for an empty cause,
Old 04-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I Live what I Believe

mikkimouse3 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Unhappy wdig response

i got the very same response from WDIG.

They almost seem like they just don't get that it is the whole Disney magic and community that we want...that is what they are taking away and it will not be found on POTC or CLUB PENGUIN or TOONTOWN.
It is walking in the Magic Kingdom and chatting with your Disney-aholic friends that we are losing! Being able to dress up like a Disney Princess or Peter Pan or a Pirate and going into the Emporium to buy something just like at the Real park....that is what we want.

Save the KINGDOM!!!!!!!

Mikki : (
Old 04-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
Everyone. Call Every Disney number you know! Muahaha! Nobody join any other Virtual Worlds!! Dont give them what they want! OMG I have called 50 times in 2 hours.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Are you listening?
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 

TeddyYeti is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
If they are so overwhelmed by how many responese they had, why don't they keep it open?

Because it's a decision that's already been made.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:21 PM
a mystery to remain??
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkimouse3 View Post
i got the very same response from WDIG.

They almost seem like they just don't get that it is the whole Disney magic and community that we want...that is what they are taking away and it will not be found on POTC or CLUB PENGUIN or TOONTOWN.
It is walking in the Magic Kingdom and chatting with your Disney-aholic friends that we are losing! Being able to dress up like a Disney Princess or Peter Pan or a Pirate and going into the Emporium to buy something just like at the Real park....that is what we want.

Save the KINGDOM!!!!!!!

Mikki : (
I agree with this, except , U want want u can't or dont Have, ALL THE TIME, this is the same case, and its proven in so many ways.. that u ussually want what u dont have ( unless its some dirty bug infested sock )