Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered > VMK Remembered Archive

VMK Remembered Archive Archive for VMK Remembered forum.

Old Does it make you sad?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:01 AM
Mordigant in VMK
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Stitch-ish
improvist_evan is as Frosty as a Snowman
I hear all this about money being part of the reason they closed the game. Disney has more money than pretty much all other companies except Microsoft and some national governments. If it was really about money, keeping the game running would not have cost them much. They could easily have cut costs elsewhere where it would not have been noticed by customers- their backstage stuff has as many subdivisions or more as their public businesses. I work in a tech department so I know something about computer equipment value; servers, while expensive, would be nothing to disney, their audio-animatronics or whatever they're called each cost approximately three times as much to build and develop as a standard network server.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Destiny Took It's Toll
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Artistic
awsomeboy ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
The closing might be a good and bad thing though, i mean with its closing everyone's sad but to think of it, now we're all somewhat united by a bond supposedly destroyed. I think the closing of VMK brought all of us together, it united people of all ages to come together for a cause we all believe in. Sure, Disney closed the best game I for sure ever played, but that's just 1 door closed and a whole bunch opened. No, i don't support the idea of closing VMK for an unknown reason, i just find that there might be some magic behind this mischief. Like DizCaptain said, VMK is an unhealthy addiction we couldn't kick and it caused us to be caught in the online "magic" while we missed the real life magic.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Vmk I Want You Back..

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
Aphiee is spinning in a Cursed Storm
yeah. when walt owened it, it truly was magic. when i go disney parks i just feel so connected and i have so much fun. vmk was magic too. disney is known for its magic..and they closed vmk down. i mean they could have sent out an apology letter or at least something to tell us that theyre sorry they have to close it blablabla, so they wouldnt just shut out our dreams without any note of what happened.

i still dream about vmk, but i dont think its ever coming back..but a girl can dream.

ive sent trillions of letters to disney about not to close vmk..it was just a waste of paper. no reply..at all.

lol btw good one..di$ney

I miss you so much Vmk.
♥ I miss your fun, your places, your people, and most of all..your magic.♥
Old 06-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Registered+

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Exasperated
canogon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
yea, is always about money, power, money, but thats life and u got to accept it! (btw, good idea of putting $ as S on disney, bc that should be the real name) but come on its a game, am I the only one who understands that? pls dont take me wrong Im a big fan of di$ney and I dont want anyone feelings to get hurt (Im just saying this bc some ppl would call me disney hatter, which Im not)