Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old ♥♥Just Another Cinderella Story

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:42 PM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Princess
FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
♥♥Just Another Cinderella Story

Just Another Cinderella Story
a fab story by the one and only, FabMariah

Introduction
"Kaylina! You missed a spot!" My guardian's daughter ((I refuse to call her my cousin!)), Kelsia, screamed at me. I rolled my eyes and sighed.
"Where?" I asked, fake-caring.
"There!" She threw an egg on the just-washed ground. She laughed evilly and walked away. I cleaned it up and looked at the clock. Five minutes until I'm done with chores. If I went one minute more, after those five minutes, it would go against child labor laws. Go figure. I started dusting the counters, slowly, to pass the time.
I'm Kaylina Richelle Brown. I don't have my parents anymore, so I'm being forced to live with my mom's sister, Tiana, and her two daugters, Kelsia and Mikalah. They have a huge mansion, and I sleep in a room in the guest house. They consider me to be their maid, but I don't mind. Tiana promised that if I worked without a fit, when I turn 16, I could go to the place of my dreams. New York, New York. The one place with my one true love. Sometimes I consider my life as a "Cinderella Story", reaching and reaching for my one true love.
Dance.

Chapter 1
"If there's one thing I hang on to, that gets me through the night..." My alarm clock blasted one of my favorite Bon Jovi songs.

"KAYLINA TURN OFF THAT RACKET NOW!!!" Mikalah shouted through the intercom. I turned it down, then turned off the intercom. I put on a long sleeve, blue and pink striped shirt, then threw a Metro Park concert tee ontop. I put on bermudas, ankle socks, and finally, my sneakers. I skipped over to the tiny bathroom, and put my hair into a half ponytail. I went to grab my toothbrush, but saw something else first.
Kaylina's Chores
1) Wash my laundry
2) Wash the girls' laundry
3) Clean the kitchen
4) Clean the theatre
5) Clean everything else
6) Make dinner
7) Serve dinner
8) Clean up after dinner
9) Mop/Vacuum all the floors
10) Dust everything
The list continued 27 chores later, but there was a tiny note at the bottom.
Don't even consider that dumb little dance class until all the chores are finished!!!

I sighed, folded it up, and put it in my back pocket.
I strapped on my helmet and rode my bike to school, watching the twins get driven in some fancy car by a driver. I rolled my eyes and locked my bike.
"Amy!" I ran over to my best friend.
"Hey Kay!" She smiled. "How many chores did Cruella give ya this time?"
"Only 37!" I sarcased.
"Ugh," She groaned. "Need some help? I can't have you miss dance!"
"Please?" I giggle-begged. We hugged, and went to class.
School went by too fast, and we raced over to my house. Amy brought in her stereo and started blasting Nickelback. We started cleaning, laughing, dancing, and badly singing. I had dinner ready to go and in the oven to stay warm. I ran to my room in the guesthouse, grabbed a red tank, gray sweats, and my tan footmittens. I threw them into my dance bag, and ran out to Amy and our bikes, throwing my long, black hair into a ponytail on the way. We got on our bikes and raced to the studio, amazed at how much time we had to get there. We assumed it would take much longer. Amy and I locked our bikes and ran into the studio bathroom. I threw on my clothes. The ensemble looked like pajamas, but they were the best to dance in. Amy came out looking amazing. She wore black leggings, a gray tank top, and a really big, ripped, white t-shirt. Because it was so big, it went down to her elbows. She had her brown hair tied up into a ponytail, and her footmittens on.
"Rate me!" She smiled. Amy always designs clothes, for me and her, and always asked me to rate her.
"Ten!" I smiled, and we sashayed to class.

Chapter 2
Class ended, way too fast.
"I swear!" I ranted to Amy. "It's like she wants me to be her slave! As soon as I'm 16, I am so going to New York!"
"With me of course!" Amy smiled. "We are going to be famous dancers together, I'm going to open my own clothing line while you make your own dance clothing line, and we'll go to Mexico every weekend."
"Duh!" I giggled back. We hopped onto our bikes and pedaled back to Cruella's torchure chamber, as we called it. Something caught my eye first.

Help wanted!
ATTENTION!!! If you are a girl who is 13 or above, loves to dance, and needs a guarenteed ticket to stardom, this is your chance! Come to the superstar's, Tyler Johanison's dance competition! The winner will be flown to New York and be in his music videos, and not to mention get an agent for free!

I stared in shock.
"AMY!" She halted to a stop. "This is it!" I shoved the flier into her face, and she stared with her mouth opened.
"EHMAGAWSH!" She shrieked. "We can't tell Cruella's clones about this. My mom can give us a ride."
"Done, done, and done!" I giggled, getting back on my bike.
Amy and I rehearsed for a month straight... then the competition day came.
"Thanks Mrs. Smith for the ride." I smiled to Amy's mom. "I really appreciate it." Amy designed our costumes and we looked fabulous! We had a spaghetti strap tank top, gold, sequin leggings, a white mini skirt, and a red white and gold-sequin headband. We arrived at the LA theatre, and registered.
"I can't believe we're here!" Amy shrieked.
"I know!" I smiled back.
We went over to the warm up area and warmed up.
"Hey!" A girl with long black hair, and brown eyes came up to us. "I'm Vienna Roxanne Amaraylis, Hollywood's rockstar and big dreamer." She giggled a little.
"I'm Amy and this is Kaylina." Amy's talkative-ness spilled over. "We're doing a duet together, we've been be-eff-effs forever."
"That's cool!" Vienna smiled.
Vienna Amaraylis on deck!
The PA shouted.
"Good luck!" We shouted as she ran out.
The TV showed Vienna dancing to the song, All Around Me, by Flyleaf... amazingly.
Amy Smith and Kaylina Santiago on deck!
We took a deep breath and prepared ourselves.

Chapter 3
"We're running with the shadows of the night! So baby take my hand it'll be alright. Surrender all your dreams to me tonight! They'll come true in the end..." The music started.... so did Amy and I. We moved in synchronization perfectly. When the music finished and we ran off stage, we were screaming the entire time.
"WE WERE AMAZING!"
There were about 12 more dances, then the envelope came.
"And the winner or winners are..." We crossed our fingers and prayed.

Chapter 4
We waited for the results.
"Kendall Johnson!"
Our faces dropped.
"Thank you thank you!" She danced on stage. "I knew I'd win! I was DESTINED for stardom!"
"I can fix that..." Vienna muttered. "Oh well, I can always go back to California Royalty, they'd love me there. We could get you some auditions, would you want to come?" She offered to Amy and me.
"Sure!" Her bubbliness spilled over. HER mom would let me go.
"I'll talk with Crue- I mean my aunt." I smiled.
"Here's my card." She held out a black piece of paper with 2 lines of cyan writing.

Vienna Roxanne Amaraylis
225-436-7642
((not real number- on keypad it spells "California"))
I put the card in my pocket and followed Amy to her mom.
"Better luck next time, girls!" Mrs. Smith smiled.
Mrs. Smith drove Amy and Me to Amy's house. We sauntered into Amy's bedroom.
"This is sooo unfair!" I complained. "We worked our butts off just to even get here, and that little bee-are-ay-tee just took it from us!"
"I know, but that Vienna girl was nice." Amy was always optimistic. "My mom already said I could go."
"If only I could be so lucky..." I groaned. "There's a super tiny chance Cruella would let me go, but Kels and Mik would probably hijack and crash the plane."
"Very true." Amy sighed while turning on "F.R.I.E.N.D.S", it's our favorite show.
"I'm going to call her and you know what?" I had an idea.
Amy stared at me.
"I'm going to break all the rules."

Chapter 5
"What?" Amy shook her head. "What do you mean?"
"I have a little bit over $5,000 in my bank account from my Bat Mitzvah, I could easily afford a plane ticket." I shrugged.
"No no NO." Amy tried to stop me. "You can't do this! Do you know how much trouble you'd be in? Do you realize what would happen if they caught you as a runaway?"
"Amy, there's something I've kept a secret from everyone, including Cruella. Come with me."
She hopped onto her bike and I hopped onto the handlebars. We rushed into the guest house and up the stairs to my room. I reached between my mattress and pulled out a key. I walked over to the chest in the corner.
"Do you remember what I told you was in here?" I asked while turning the key.
"Something like your moms wedding dress, right?" She asked.
"That's what I said. Secrets are meant to be kept." I smiled.
I took out a manila folder. Amy started reading through the papers with a shocked face.

Chapter 6
"Kay!" She shrieked.
"I know..." I sighed. "It's quite a lot..."
"Quite a lot doesn't cover it!" She screamed. "You have a mansion in LA AND 5 mill! Why are you living here with CRUELLA?!!?"
"How about because if I lived in that mansion, I'm all by myself and I can't even drive yet! I'm not even 14!" I calmed down. "My parents were kinda rich and I was their precious 'gift from above', as they said it. Everytime I think of all that stuff I have, it just brings them back and it's so painful." A tear fell down my cheek. "I can easily get disowned by Tiana and get myself a driver, but if I did, I never would've met you, I never would've had my life."
"I'm sorry, this is just so..." She stared off. "Wow."
"That's why..." I started. "I want you to come live with me when we're 16."
"Okay!" She smiled. "We better lock these up before Mik and Kels see them!"
I nodded and placed them in the trunk, then locked it.
"Ame?" I asked.
"Yeah?" She smiled.
"Make sure your mom doesn't get you a car for your sweet 16." I joked. She giggled.

Last edited by FabMariah; 03-23-2009 at 08:18 PM..
Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Rawr!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Nerdy
PurpleAmy is floating through Inner Space
Great story! Keep on writing!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
K- Boom Boom [Pow!]
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: Bahahaha
CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Oooooooooooooo i like it!

*CoolStormyStar*
Thanks aggie for the awesome userbar!
Old 01-29-2009, 02:06 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Luv it! Keep writing.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:27 AM
Rawr!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Woot! Great chapter! Thanks for my character! Hope you keep writing!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:32 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
O-sudden silence as her phone drops- oops.
Anyways, I really like this story!
Keep writing, pleaseee!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:20 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 

I love this story, is it possible to add Vienna in it?
Rebel chic who just drops by and is Kay's friend?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:56 AM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 

FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Sure!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Rawr!
Awards Showcase

Yay, great story! My character sounds fabulouso! Keep writing Riah!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:56 AM
K- Boom Boom [Pow!]
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: Bahahaha
CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Could you add me as a character, Kendall? A perky girl! She could be a mean girl or her friend... Either one.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

xD amazingly!
I love this story, its so addicting
Old 02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi There!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Annoyed
PerfectShinyRiver is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Fab Story, as always!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

LOL.
Just one little tiny thing..
I NEED MORE XD
I love this story
Old 02-14-2009, 05:19 PM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase

Added more!
Old 02-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Cold
Jacqueline is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is a very wonderful story!

Thanks CuteTabitha!