Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old "I'm glad it closed. Now all those addicts can return to the real world."

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:22 AM
Soda || KaiSo
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Spammy
SassaFrazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
They should make peace.
Yes, it has bad and good reasons as to why it closed.
Should you fight for it? I'm not going to, but if it's your choice, then be my guest.
Am I sad it's closed? Yes of course! Vmk was where i met some great friends, and some of them I love to stay in contact with after vmk for as long as possible. But sadly without vmk my "Friend circle" is falling apart... D:
Vmk wasn't like alot of the games on the internet. It was different, and it had something about it that I liked. I remember all the good times. I'll miss it and i'm still trying to find a new game to fill the void of no vmk, but nothing could possibly ever be like vmk, not even some game that's trying to remake a new version of vmk. VMK had it's own special...ness that brought me and my friend circle together. As our circle "crumbles" at least we had fun together on this game. I surely would miss all of them. But hey, if some of them still are friends when i'm in college and we stay in contact, then maybe... they're more than computer buddies.
But should you treat it like it's the end of the world? Personally in my opinnion. No. If it was your favorite game well OKAY. But still, you have the opportunity to go and find a new game, nobody ever said it has to be disney or something like vmk, or pay to play. Maybe, find something besides computer games? I mean, if you can't find another game you want to play. Ask around, Lot's of people would give you ideas if you cant find a new game to play! and It may not be your favorite, but there's always 2nd favorite.
And the people who are acting against the hardcore vmk lovers side (thats what i call them ) . I've been seeing over-flaming from the people against (not saying there wasn't over flaming from both sides. It's their opinnion that vmk closed and its sad, but let them take time to get over it. They probably already know they'll have to get over it someday. Hey, some people need more time than others. You may be glad it's closed but the hardcore vmk lovers still want to at least try to make something happen. Give them credit for at least some of them are still fighting. You and I may not want to fight, but if they want to fight for vmk still, let them . Remember, give them time to get over vmk.

I respect both sides opinnions overall, but its getting out of hand just a bit.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:26 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Just because there's disagreement doesn't mean there's a lack of peace, my friends.

I don't know how the pro-closures see it (For I truly do not understand much of their logic. But, hey. If I did, would I be disagreeing with them?), but to many of us Save VMKers, this is but a friendly debate. Strong words may be spoken, but no harm meant. I assure you, we're attacking the ideals, not the people that possess them.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:29 AM
Registered+

My Mood: Disney
KingdomsKeeper is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There will always be haters. There will always be those for a cause. There will always be people who don't care. In each case that we find, we must look between the lines and try to read the true signal. Some people look at one's good as bad, as it is opposite, and others may try not to have a say in anything. Wow! What a point I've made. Now, lets apply it, shall we?
Is it good that VMK closed? No. That's a cut and dry opinion. As a fact, it's still probally no. Many people lost thier jobs due to the closure, and that couldn't be stopped.
VMK closing as a good thing? Maybe if you were addicted to the game it was. Lets face it, many people reading these words WERE addicted. That's bad on so many levels. Maybe people can say the closure was good based on the addiction factor, but you can't blame the game for a lack of peoples wills... Oh, friends, it's so much more. This topic is deep.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomsKeeper View Post
Oh, friends, it's so much more. This topic is deep.
Aye, hence the entire subforum about it, filled with hundreds of threads.

I, personally, think that's what makes it... Dare I say it? Fun. Although I would have preferred VMK just stay open, the intelligent conversations that have spawned from this event are rather entertaining

Old 06-21-2008, 05:07 AM
hi

evina is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm glad your moving into the real world too. You must be having a hard time with VMK closing because of all these confusing posts.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: Festive
Disneyzoodude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
I can't tell you how many times I've heard that. It's disgusting.

So, what are you saying? Just because a few addicts couldn't learn some responsibility, EVERYONE has to suffer? I'm glad you enjoy how unfair that is. Not just to the responsible people, but to the addicts as well. Instead of actually LEARNING how to get over their addiction, you just take away the source and hope it doesn't happen again with something else.

And, of course, it's unfair to the developers, as well. They put a lot of time and effort into making the game. As I stated in another thread, VMK is, in essence, art. It's not their fault if a few kids have their priorities hideously askew. So, then, why must THEY suffer for it? Why must THEY see their masterpiece torn from the wall and burned just because a few people, not even the majority of the players, couldn't keep their eyes away from it for so long.

I'm glad you enjoy the idea of injustice in the world.

And, of all things, some of you think WE'RE the selfish ones, trying to save a game because you (incorrectly) believe our only goal is to further fuel this addiction. What about you? I think it's fairly selfish to stereotype us as such, and then rub it into our face that this lovely world has burnt to the ground. You think you're the heroes of this story, and us the bad guys! Ha! Think again.
Seriously!
I think that VMK closing is 98% bad and 2% good.

2% Good: People addicted to VMK can go back to the normal, get outside and be more active

98% Bad: Disney losses 4% of there fans/viewers, and many people dont have a decent game to play.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 PM
-Insert Title Here-
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: Procastinating
SonicBoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktourist View Post
Some very good comments here.

There are Leaders, who have the vision see the answers or a better solution to a problem. They are able to convey that conviction to others and inspire them to join or follow. They confront obstacles in the way of their goal, and implement methods to circumvent them.

There are Followers that are inspired by leadership and will provide support to accomplish the goal if they believe in it's merits.

There are the Passives that will not get involved. They are destined to be subjugated by those who dominate. They merely accept any outcome as being beyond their control.

Thinking about something requires you to draw conclusions, make decisions and take a stand. If you don't stand for something, then you stand for nothing at all. In doing so you accept those consequences by your own free will no matter how dire the ramifications may be. That, is not only in this circumstance, but life in general.

My thanks to everyone who worked to save VMK, regardless of how much effort you put into it. I especially thank those whose leadership abilities helped inspire others to action. Nonetheless, every small action helped to contribute to the effort as a whole.

There are those that will say that we failed in the effort. They are wrong. We knew that task would be difficult if not insurmountable when we started. We knew and expected the outcome that transpired. However, that does not negate the power of belief and the ability of mankind to overcome adversity. Our voices were heard and will be considered in future decisions by the company. Although, those factors will no be obvious to some. I think we will see the impact in future games and how Disney decides to deal with the consumers of those products. I believe it brought scrutiny to the decision making process and those who made the decisions. This is an important aspect for consideration.

Did we get everything that we dreamed of in one fell swoop. The answer is no. It will take time and incremental changes to overcome the obstacles that stand in the way. Those with Leadership abilities will recognize this. The followers we see the changes and progress brought about by their efforts. The passives will continue to aimlessly meander along. We can convey ideas, concepts and messages. But, we cannot convey vision to those who refuse to see.
Dont forget the ones like me who just dont know where to go lol...

And is ranting at a rant neccessary?
Just asking.

Its not like we need VMK to LIVE, oh and btw, I dont think 4 percent of most of the world that likes Disney plays VMK..

Although these little brawls over VMK are kinda... rather... amusing?, no offense lol.

Its really all because of that friend thing, we meet new people, we learn some stuff (I learned that picture thing lol), and its just so hard to say goodbye. Keep a memory of it, AKA the picture thing lol, cause memories wont fade away, at least they wont start to yet...
Old 06-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

My Mood: Aggressive
CaptainLegoDude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I personally think the closing of VMK was for the best. Since they closed VMK I've been able to actually acomplish some things. Things that actually help me in the REAL world, not the VMK world. I miss it, yes, but i think it was for the best.

All The Best

~Captain
Old 06-22-2008, 11:34 PM
(- hEarT bReAkEr
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Lonely
pirategirl202 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i agree wit captainlegodude.
yes vmk waz a game dat we all loved but hey..
everything in this world has to end doesnt it!?
maybe if we are lucky they can open vmk again..
- do yew really think that disney would delte the vmk file-
vmk cost disney tons of money not to mention all the hard work.
but hey.. maybe closing vmk wat the right thing to do.
alot of people have started to move on with their lives and be happy
lots of love
$ pirate
Old 06-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park
My Mood: Aggressive
Misuzu is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Its actually a true statement
but its pretty annoying to hear...
all of my friends who didnt do vmk are like "Who cares about vmk now you can return to the real world"
no i dont like people saying it but its true....
Old 06-23-2008, 12:07 AM
!Moar!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

iRaccoon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimonada View Post
Let me make this clear:

Not everyone in the world has disabilities/illnesses like the slinkyman story. No offence, but I can bet a lot of people on these forums never thought of VMK quite like that until that thread came along. A lot of us (myself included) probably thought of VMK as "just a game" until we heard about closing and as a result, various stories from players themselves. Of course we probably had a general idea that some of us had less enjoyable real life situations than others, but we probably wouldn't have thought of it to those extremes.

Point being, we can't keep going on by bringing up stories like these. I would doubt that majority of the VMK community is all involved in stories of those "extremes" (for lack of a better word). We can't represent that the only reason people play VMK is because they're disabled or ill. We should instead be promoting that VMK is for people of all genders, ages, races, religions, and states of health. It's a place for everyone, not just for those individuals, to escape the troubles of life.

Another thing is that since you said it's a place for people to be "normal", I don't think people who are disabled, ill, whatever really want to be constantly reminded of that. Just treat everyone as if you didn't know anything about their personal life.

Let me point out that I'm not discrediting/slamming slinkyman's (or anyone else's for that matter) story, as it is quite touching, so please don't get me wrong on that. I just want people to truly realize that VMK is for everyone; from your Average Joe to people who may be less fortunate than us.
What you talkin' 'bout Willis?!??!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirategirl202 View Post
i agree wit captainlegodude.
yes vmk waz a game dat we all loved but hey..
everything in this world has to end doesnt it!?
Not necessarily, no.

Quote:
maybe if we are lucky they can open vmk again..
- do yew really think that disney would delte the vmk file-
Yep. That's why we're fighting.
Quote:
vmk cost disney tons of money not to mention all the hard work.
My friends probably have better servers than theirs. And VMK Staff was more than happy to put in that hard work.
Quote:
but hey.. maybe closing vmk wat the right thing to do.
alot of people have started to move on with their lives and be happy
Although, they could have easily done so without VMK closing.

Meanwhile, other people's lives are, while still moving on, have lost a big source of inspiration and escape.