Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Guest Rooms > Guest Rooms Archive

Guest Rooms Archive Guest Rooms Archive

Old Build-A-River: Tips and Techniques

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:27 PM
single-serving friend

MrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I made a room to test out the new pieces:

EDIT: I guess this room was more popular than I anticipated...I quit working on this around noon PDT, and it was still at three mickeys up until closing time (ten hours later). I do enjoy it, but I'll probably redo it with a little more planning at some point.

Last edited by MrGenie; 12-13-2005 at 06:00 AM..
Old 12-12-2005, 07:28 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Nicely done, Genie. How does the teleporter mid-stream work?

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:33 PM
DAK is my 2nd Home

LuvSimba is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Can the teleporters be used like the regular ones to go from room to room? Or are they for the ride pieces only?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:42 PM
thinks he's the one.
Awards Showcase
Graphics Trio Award Spooky Scribe Award Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Cakee is floating through Inner Space
Nice MrGenie!
i'm lost now, what goes where? lol

~Cake
Old 12-12-2005, 08:31 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Here you can see VMK_Zev and VMK_Runo checking out my test room.

You can also see the river-go-round which I added as a test. This will also be very useful. When things calm down, I will post more about how we can use this great new system.

Power to the Players!
Old 12-13-2005, 06:05 AM
single-serving friend

MrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Well, after setting up my test ride room, I spent most of the rest of my VMK time completing the new hidden mickey quest and getting some of the new furniture. However, I did have a little time to test out another ride idea just before closing...

Presenting: The Tunnel!

Not sure if I invented this or not, but feel free to use it in your own designs. Basically, you just make the track loop back into itself and then connect both sides with a linking teleporter so it functions like a tunnel. You could make a wider or taller tunnel, of course...I just wanted to show it can be done!

Thanks to Elara, CL_Enderz, and ceburto for some encouragement.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:11 AM
i lost my signature :(

cptnruthless is floating through Inner Space
nice ride/experiment genie! btw, did you notice that the whole (and the flooring) are exactaly the same as the pirate prison room?

EDIT: can they be connected to other rooms, somewhat like a teleporter? or is this not possible because you dont get two matching sets?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:34 AM
single-serving friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnruthless
nice ride/experiment genie! btw, did you notice that the whole (and the flooring) are exactaly the same as the pirate prison room?

EDIT: can they be connected to other rooms, somewhat like a teleporter? or is this not possible because you dont get two matching sets?
They can be connected exactly like teleporters. Note that when you buy one, you actually get a linking pair. I should update my post with the screenshot to say that. I don't know if anyone has tested this out between friends' rooms, but I have seen several rooms linked together and I don't know why it wouldn't work just like normal teleporters.

As for the flooring, I thought the Splash Mountain Bayou guest room floor looked the same as the pirate prison, but the Steamboat guest room floor is much smoother.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:34 AM
Miss Pants

shiregirl has turned into a sparkling Pirate!shiregirl has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Anyone here ever play Rollercoaster Tycoon? I do, and I can't wait to get started on this! This is almost exactly like the log rides you can build in that game, but it's better, as it's VMK. Of course.

Edit: I see that Smoop has already noticed this.

Click here to visit my gallery of costumes.

My blog: Trying New Old Things
Old 12-13-2005, 07:47 AM
Mousercise fanatic

dancplanet is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnruthless

Hi, it is possible...I linked up a ride through various rooms...just like with teleporters Just make sure you match them up correctly.
come check it out if you want to ride... dancplanet's Disneyland 50th Ride Through
Old 12-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Face it STITCH Rules All

Enderz is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGenie
Well, after setting up my test ride room, I spent most of the rest of my VMK time completing the new hidden mickey quest and getting some of the new furniture. However, I did have a little time to test out another ride idea just before closing...

Not sure if I invented this or not, but feel free to use it in your own designs. Basically, you just make the track loop back into itself and then connect both sides with a linking teleporter so it functions like a tunnel. You could make a wider or taller tunnel, of course...I just wanted to show it can be done!

w00t Go Genie. I must say you have a keen eye for these things. I cannot wait to see a finished River ride from you.

Current Works In Progress or done...
Color Treasure Museum - Winner of Best Guest Room 9/13/05 w00t
The U Turn Ride!! - Winner of Best Guest Room 12/27/05 w00t
Old 12-13-2005, 10:02 AM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase

Quote:

lol! I thought of the same thing as I was going to bed last night. Except I was going to make it into a figure 8 with the entrance ramp.

Looks sharp! Good job!

(And the HOST_s will be trying to show off this weekend? Think they'll be able to beat all our discoveries?)

Power to the Players!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:23 PM
thinks he's the one.
Awards Showcase
Graphics Trio Award Spooky Scribe Award Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Cakee is floating through Inner Space
lol actually i did too
let's see how many credits i have before saying something >.<

~Cake
Old 12-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Banned

Haydenfan is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:

Is that a table nest to that tree?

-HCL:xmas22:
Old 12-13-2005, 01:49 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase

Prices and Packages!

Wanted to post this information in the rivers thread. (Eventually all this will turn into a single information post.)

Prices and your savings on the packages:
  • River Turn Left : 400 credits
  • River Turn Right : 400 credits
  • River Start Shallow : 300 credits
  • River Turn Deep : 200 credits
  • River Cave Teleporter (set of 2) : 700 credits
  • Starter Pack 1 (contains Shallow, 2 Deeps, Left, Right) : 1000 credits (save 500 credits)
  • Starter Pack 2 (contains 2 Shallows, 2 Deeps, Right, Teleporter) : 1700 credits ( save 400 credits)
  • Loop Builder Pack 1 (contains Shallow, 3 Deeps, Teleporter) : 1200 credits (save 400 credits)
  • Loop Builder Pack 2 (contains 2 Shallows, Left, Right, Teleporter) : 1500 credits (save 600 credits)
  • Extension Pack (contains 2 Deeps, 2 Left, 2 Right) : 1000 credits (save 1000 credits)

Power to the Players!