Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old more on VMK re-opening rumors.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
more on VMK re-opening rumors.

Credit to cyre on another site.

It's been brought to our attention again the many rumors going around that VMK is opening in October.

Let me assure you these are FALSE. I called and emailed WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group) today and spoke with two different people. I spoke of the many rumors going around about the game reopening in October, and they both said they were false. The second person I spoke to was a very nice lady, and she said they'd been getting a LOT of calls/emails about these rumors. Sadly, there aren't any plans now or in the future to reopen the game.

She did mention that they would be updating the vmk.com website soon, to address the rumors.

On a lighter note, she did say too, the POTCO/Toontown passes "should be out this month, and are one pass per account, and current members can apply the month pass to their existing account and get one month's credit."

I wish I had some more physical proof, but they could not provide me with anything.

It comes down to this. Logic. Think about it. If the game that was so popular and caused such an uproar with being closed was set to re-open, there would be a press release about it. It would definitely not have gone through a VMK designer to 'let everyone know'.

Yes, I know, well why would someone lie about this? Good question... not sure why someone thinks it's funny to get peoples' hopes up, just for them to be crushed all over again... people do weird things on the internet I guess.

Where's my proof? My word is my proof. I have no reason to lie. Why would I lie about this? Of course I wish this wasn't true. I miss VMK and will for a very long time.

So in conclusion... when you see people saying that VMK is opening in October, gently let them know that the rumor isn't true. It was a lie someone made up to hurt people. I Suggest they call WDIG for themselves. But, if you still get that insistent person, let them believe it. You can't change anyone's mind for them...

Thank you for your time.

oh, and for the person or persons responsible for spreading these rumors... please stop. It's only hurting the feelings of thousands of kids...

**NOTE: I did edit this post slightly because part was basicaly talking to members of another online game.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Rawr!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Nerdy
PurpleAmy is floating through Inner Space
Aww .
Rats. I thought it would come back with all the rumors.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
What does she mean POTC/Toontwon passes? Like free monthly passes?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

Born In Park
The free trial that VMK told us about
Old 08-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
The person who wrote that may not have been lying,but that doesn't mean that the staff that they talked to wasn't. As much as I've seen staff lie on vmk I have a hard time believing anything that disney employees say anymore..
Old 08-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
The person who wrote that may not have been lying,but that doesn't mean that the staff that they talked to wasn't. As much as I've seen staff lie on vmk I have a hard time believing anything that disney employees say anymore..
I don't think that the "lying" that the VMK Staff did can be compared to Disney employees "lying" about VMK not coming back. When the VMK Staff told us that new items were going to be released, they were simply trying to keep us up to date with their future plans, which they didn't even have to do in the first place. Though it's unfortunate that they could not carry on many of their plans due to unforeseen circumstances, at least they made the effort to keep us informed. As the lies from VMK Staff occurred within the game, not effecting other parts of the game, lies from Disney employees would concern the welfare of the entire game. I personally don't think it's fair to expect Disney employees to lie about something major just because VMK Staff were unable to release certain items and bring back certain programs before the game's closing.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:43 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
I don't think that the "lying" that the VMK Staff did can be compared to Disney employees "lying" about VMK not coming back. When the VMK Staff told us that new items were going to be released, they were simply trying to keep us up to date with their future plans, which they didn't even have to do in the first place. Though it's unfortunate that they could not carry on many of their plans due to unforeseen circumstances, at least they made the effort to keep us informed. As the lies from VMK Staff occurred within the game, not effecting other parts of the game, lies from Disney employees would concern the welfare of the entire game. I personally don't think it's fair to expect Disney employees to lie about something major just because VMK Staff were unable to release certain items and bring back certain programs before the game's closing.
I didn't mean them lying about stupid items coming out, I meant things like when yavn said a few months before vmk's closing he said it wasn't going to close for a very long time.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:13 AM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thank. You.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 08-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Next time could you maybe keep it to yourself? Sometimes it's more fun to be ignorant than to be knowing. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe we want to be ignorant just for the sheer hope? The fun of skepticism? Probably not. Probably just wanted to shoot down all of us flying high. I mean what's the point saying it will never happen? To make a few kids sad? Shead a tear or two? Humbug as it maybe, I choose to stay skeptical and hope for a brighter future through a bleak ever changing world.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...

Last edited by Jezzi; 08-12-2008 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: advertising
Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
I don't think the original writer of this post wanted to hurt peoples feelings. And I dont believe that Disney wanted to hurt peoples feelings by closing the game.
I am not saying this is true at all.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:56 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
^It may have not been the intent but, shoot me if I'm wrong, is the result.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 08-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
I didn't mean them lying about stupid items coming out, I meant things like when yavn said a few months before vmk's closing he said it wasn't going to close for a very long time.
I know this is a point many have brought up however..
It's my thoughts that, at the time Yavn wrote that, he probably thought things were going well. They were obviosly developing new items for the game. The new card game was due out. As far as he knew at the time, things were right on schedule.
I'm not sure how many people on the forums here have ever been in the workforce, but there are times in a job when you never see the end coming until it was too late.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
-Insert Title Here-
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Procastinating
SonicBoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Disney is in control, yavn is a designer and thats what HE thought. WDIG, they are in control and could mess up anyones expectations.

Last edited by Jezzi; 08-12-2008 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: reply to edited post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer_Nick View Post
Next time could you maybe keep it to yourself? Sometimes it's more fun to be ignorant than to be knowing. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe we want to be ignorant just for the sheer hope? The fun of skepticism? Probably not. Probably just wanted to shoot down all of us flying high. I mean what's the point saying it will never happen? To make a few kids sad? Shead a tear or two? Humbug as it maybe, I choose to stay skeptical and hope for a brighter future through a bleak ever changing world.
^I couldn't agree more.^ Thank. You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicboom View Post
Disney is in control, yavn is a designer and thats what HE thought. WDIG, they are in control and could mess up anyones expectations.
Yes, but according to disney online worlds and what yavn hinted in the last newsletter yavn was the main producer of vmk. I am pretty sure main producers normally have a pretty good idea what's going on. Then again this is disney were talking about..
Old 08-14-2008, 01:24 AM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Cautious
TBs_Creation is floating through Inner Space
Ugghh and I was finally getting optimistic about vmk. Anyways, as for ' yavn ' whats the point of calling him that anymore. To me hes just some nerdish guy named Seth >_<.