Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old 2% Chance

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: BanHappy
Flame Gun is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm not doubting your conclusion, but I highly doubt you talked to him. Even if you did, Yavn, Seth, stopped being involved with VMK in April 2007, he would have no insight if VMK was going to re-open or not.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Also, on the VWDW thread you said they would forward you to "Mr. Wadsworth". That's a name meaning "Being obsessed with money". You said it wasn't made up but... It sounds a little suspicious
Old 07-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 1

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
This seems really unlikely. Where in the world would you get his phone number? and even if you did do you think he would talk to you or would he hang up and say he doesn't know who yavn is? Plus out of the ways people have tried to contact him why would he pick you out of everyone to tell you this? Sorry I think your stretching the truth a bit,but if it is the truth 2% is pretty hight compared to before, before people told us that their was a 99.9% chance that it wasn't going to open. Looks like we have good chances it will open if this is truee.
I got the phone of a recent thread here to save VMK. Obviously this took me to shock to when I asked to talk to Seth. They said seth who? I said seth as in yavn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
wait, back up here. how did you talk to yavn? and if you actually did...
2%. that's.. sad.
.-.
2% is sad, but I talked to him using the VMK hotline phone number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMFan View Post
1. 2% Chance?? Slight Hope??
2. YOU SPOKE WITH YAVN?
3. YOU SPOKE WITH YAVN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! BY PHONE
*faints
1. Slight hope.
2. Yes I did.
3. Yes, on the VMK hotline phone number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
Just to clear things up - Yavn's number was readily available in the contact info area on here.
I know a few that DID personally talk to him.
It's fairly certain that his number is no longer the same that is there, (although I never checked).
Calling him regarding VMK is pointless for several reasons.
One that he is no longer associated with the project as far as we know.
Two that he is most likely not at liberty to say anything anyways.
And three why would he bother at this point.
It's the same number, or atleast I used it and they sent me to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gun View Post
I'm not doubting your conclusion, but I highly doubt you talked to him. Even if you did, Yavn, Seth, stopped being involved with VMK in April 2007, he would have no insight if VMK was going to re-open or not.
Do you have proof he stopped being involved with VMK in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorams View Post
Also, on the VWDW thread you said they would forward you to "Mr. Wadsworth". That's a name meaning "Being obsessed with money". You said it wasn't made up but... It sounds a little suspicious
I didn't make it up. Goodness. He is a main guy at WDIG.

Last edited by Jezzi; 07-29-2008 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: fixed quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
It's hard to believe anything with all of the rumors. I'll believe VMK is coming back when Disney makes an official announcement.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Soda || KaiSo
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Spammy
SassaFrazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah. If they do what SoccerRyan said, THEN i'll believe VMK would come back. But, there's nothing wrong with having just a tiny bit of hope even if its just a 2% chance. ;D

-looks at kairi's post on the first page-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave_Bloom_Kiari View Post
*Dances* Woot 2% chance!
o_o I see 2% is big to some people. LOL

Last edited by SassaFrazz; 07-28-2008 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: adding?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Subway
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award 

SweetChinMusic ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
It's hard to believe anything with all of the rumors. I'll believe VMK is coming back when Disney makes an official announcement.
Agreed, If Disney makes the announcement, then I'll believe.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
i believed Sky bc why would they still have the site up. It they take it down someone can take the name and when they remake it they wont have it.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:28 PM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: AFK
MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
Guys, we don't know if it is coming back or not.

All I know is, I can't get over the closing.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

My Mood: Aggressive
CaptainLegoDude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok, all of this is fake. Nobody can talk to Yavn himself. The chances of VMK coming back is slim to none. Vmk isn't coming back in a year, or two years, or even ten years. VMK will not be back according to Yavn, and Disney. It hurts knowing it wont be back, and it also hurts knowing it closed in the first place. But lets face reality, I mean really. Anyway, the fact of the matter is, it wont be back. I'm sorry for any feelings I've hurt, but its the truth.

~Captain
Old 07-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

Has Disney itself talked to you and told you it wont ever come back?

Yavn told me it was a 2% chance.. And yes it is possilbe to talk to yavn.

VMK could come back, VMK might not come back nobody know until it does, so Don't say it wont when it might. Don't say it will when it might not.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Being that it's a member of our own forum who's posting this (and somebody who has been around a while) I wouldn't throw it out just yet.

For those of you living in a cave with the Yeti, the original Yavn is Seth Mendelsohn. After the summer of 2006 I believe he left VMK and joined somewhere else in Disney. (He's worked in other Park related projects before, including Mission: Space Race) Now, apparently, he's in the Disney Mobile section.

The phone number for Seth Mendelsohn is, I believe, on the site, under Disney contact info. He could have very well gotten through to Seth and talked about his idea. I'm just curious how he got through to talk to him when no one else did when VMK was announced to close, and how he was allowed to talk about his idea, because the long-standing policy of the Walt Disney Company is not to accept submissions. (You won't even be credited if you get through to them with your idea.)

So I'm not throwing this one out just yet...but neither I am putting my faith in it. I just need more information.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 07-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

When VMK closed they only left their voice mail open. I asked him this when I talked to him. I have been trying to contact him since the closing of VMK. But the line was busy or the voice mail was the only response I got.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 PM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I just have one question, what exactly are you doing to make Virtual WDW come to life? Learning everything you need to know for Disney to hire you? Just curious.

All credit goes to GG and her awesome siggy-making powers.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

LOL, I'll answer that on my VWDW thread.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRocket View Post
Has Disney itself talked to you and told you it wont ever come back?

Yavn told me it was a 2% chance.. And yes it is possilbe to talk to yavn.

VMK could come back, VMK might not come back nobody know until it does, so Don't say it wont when it might. Don't say it will when it might not.
I never said I didn't believe you, it just sounds a little funny