Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old Favorite Harry Potter book!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Harry Potter book so far?
Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone 1 3.23%
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets 1 3.23%
Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban 5 16.13%
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire 8 25.81%
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix 5 16.13%
All of the above.... 8 25.81%
or.....I don't like Harry Potter at all... 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2005, 04:03 AM

KrazyChik is as Frosty as a Snowman
Thumbs up Favorite Harry Potter book!!

Obvioulsy, There is a major love of Harry Potter Books on this forum...And seeing has how the new Harry Potter 6 is coming out!!! I decided to make a poll and see what your favorite HP book is!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:05 AM
Miss Pants

shiregirl has turned into a sparkling Pirate!shiregirl has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I heart them all so much. So I picked all of the above. But, if I had to choose just one (like a life-and-death situation or something ), I'd say Book 2 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I can still feel the chills I got down my spine the first time I read the part when Harry meets up with Tom Riddle in the Chamber and finds out he's really You-Know-Who. So Spooky!

Click here to visit my gallery of costumes.

My blog: Trying New Old Things

Last edited by shiregirl; 06-27-2005 at 04:16 AM..
Old 06-27-2005, 04:06 AM
Odin's Girl

SallySally is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Book Three. Without a doubt.
Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs ROCK!

"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means 'No'."
Old 06-27-2005, 04:07 AM
DISNEY + STAR WARS LOVER

jedimaster is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i have to say book three
Kid Bugs
Old 06-27-2005, 04:09 AM
Banned

Mr.Lunatix is floating through Inner Space
I LOVE Book 4, Goblet of Fire.

But also I love the quote in Book 2

"Ron you know what thats means, we have to follow the spiders," said Harry.
"Follow the Spiders?!?!," said Ron. Why can't we follow the Butterflies instead, its always the spiders"
Old 06-27-2005, 04:09 AM
AKA CL_Evee

S86Goddess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have to choose just one? But I heart the whole series! I'm not sure that I can pick just one...

Old 06-27-2005, 04:11 AM
On The Air!™

figmentisback is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I love darker ones.. Book 5 is what I love so far...
Old 06-27-2005, 04:14 AM
Banned

Mr.Lunatix is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by S86Goddess
I have to choose just one? But I heart the whole series! I'm not sure that I can pick just one...
LOL you can pick ALL of the Above.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:14 AM
AKA CL_Evee

S86Goddess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Lunatix
LOL you can pick ALL of the Above.

Oh I Did!

Old 06-27-2005, 04:31 AM
Miss Pants

shiregirl has turned into a sparkling Pirate!shiregirl has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Lunatix
But also I love the quote in Book 2

"Ron you know what thats means, we have to follow the spiders," said Harry.
"Follow the Spiders?!?!," said Ron. Why can't we follow the Butterflies instead, its always the spiders"
That's a line from the movie Chamber of Secrets. Ron never actually says that in the book. This happens to be my one pet-peeve about the way Ron is portrayed in the movies: they've made him a lot whimpier and frightened of things than he is in the books. I know Ron's not the greatest hero, but I doubt he would really say that. (In real life, where he lives in the Burrow with the rest of the Weasley family. )

Click here to visit my gallery of costumes.

My blog: Trying New Old Things
Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 AM
Captain :O

thetitan13 is floating through Inner Space
I like all of them the same!!!
Who Done it: Currently paused because of lazyness
The Ultimate Race: All up ere (Points to head) Hopefully consisting of 50 rooms.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:29 AM
will miss you...

Miss MeowsALot has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Miss MeowsALot has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I love the 5 Book! Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. I can't wait to read the new one.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:59 PM
single-serving friend

MrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I decided to post a mini-review (not a plot summary) of each book, in addition to my favorite. Enjoy!

Book I (Sorcerer's Stone): Instant classic. Amazing. This paved the way for J.K. Rowling to be a gazillionaire. Good for her.

Book II (Chamber of Secrets): I enjoyed it. Nice to see the plot thicken a bit. A worthy sequel. Probably one of the harder ones to write...how do you successfully follow up a blockbuster like the first book without letting anyone down? Mission accomplished.

Book III (Prisoner of Azkaban): ...And now the plot really thickens. I'd rate this one higher, except that you spend 95% of the book worrying about the Prisoner of Azkaban being loose, only to be not so worried in the end. Makes it a gripping first read but slightly annoying on repeat readings.

Book IV (Goblet of Fire): My favorite to date, by far. Wonderful plot device with the Tri-Wizard tournament. Interesting new characters. Perfect pacing and flow, in my opinion. First time I read it I thought that too much time was spent on the whole Quidditch World Cup at the beginning, but after reading the whole book I realized how brilliant this was because it sets up and connects so many of the later plot threads. And then...at the climax of the Tri-Wizard tournament when you think the excitement is about to peak...BOOM. I won't spoil it if you haven't read it, but to me this is the pivotal point in the series to date. Can't say enough good things about the fourth book.

Book V: Order of the Phoenix: Not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but a little too long and plodding for me. Also, several annoying plot devices...I get that the Ministry and Umbridge are supposed to be unfair and ignore the obvious signs of Voldemort's return, but rather than just feeling sorry for the main characters, this type of plot always just grates on me (classic example of the "Cassandra" mythology...and I've yet to find an example I enjoy. ). Another annoying thing to me is the whole teenage-angst thing that Harry appears to be going through in this book. As the characters age, it's a natural phase to introduce, but I think it could have been a little more understated. Granted, Harry is being somewhat possessed and all (and anti-heroes appear to be all the rage in modern fiction), but he's just flat-out rude at other times which doesn't make for much fun. Still, this is a decent book and furthers the plot along even more. Unlike the fourth book that really didn't get dark until the end, this book is dark all the way through and I did enjoy that.

Prediction on Book VI: Half-Blood Prince: I anticipate liking this book better than all the rest except the Goblet of Fire.

If I had to rank all five books from most favorite to least favorite, I'd probably go...4, 1, 3, 2, 5.

Last edited by MrGenie; 06-27-2005 at 05:17 PM..