Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Disney Gets New Matterhorn Trains!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:34 AM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

TheFireworkZach is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't think that new cars are going to help out with the bumpyness as much as people think. It is not that the cars are bad as they are not nearly as old (From the 70's/80's) as the original ones only had one train which is what the ride was designed for.

Anyways, I think that they need to put a little bit of effort in to smoothing out the track and making it a little more rideable. The ride isn't terribly rough as I have been on some coasters that are WAY worse (Ghostrider at Knott's, Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis, etc..).

This coaster is going to be 50 years old in 2009 so I think we will be seeing the appearence of those cars around that time as it would just make sense for advertising reasons.

"Come ride the brand new and improved Matterhorn with a new set of state of the art trains, at the happiest place on earth."

Over advertising, gotta love it.

- Zach
Old 11-20-2007, 02:44 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Dont they already have Sand and pipes in the track to smooth it out, and to reduce noise or something like that? I heard it about some coaster but Im not sure. I like the bumpyness of the ride, its more fun.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination View Post
Dont they already have Sand and pipes in the track to smooth it out, and to reduce noise or something like that? I heard it about some coaster but Im not sure. I like the bumpyness of the ride, its more fun.
Yes, I think they do although I think that is more for noise reduction. They do that with many steel tubular coasters especially the older aged ones that would be more likely to be louder.

- Zach
Old 11-20-2007, 03:01 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Especially The Matterhorn, because that was the first steel tubular invented.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendot View Post
Awww I'm gonna miss the old ones!!
Sorry, Wen - I had to laugh at this.

I already miss the old ones. The current ones are the third or fourth version.

The original ones were single cars holding up to four people, and the ride was a whole lot more fun with those smaller vehicles. Ya really whizzed around in those. These bigger ones make the track slower and bumpier.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:28 PM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
it's good to know what's going on in the parks thank you for posting this
Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

I wish that they still had the original cars, as I think that would ultimatly be the best as that's how this coaster was designed.

- Zach
Old 11-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Madame Type Rope Girl
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Annoyed
Pixie_Jess is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I just want the tracks to be smoothed over more. When I ride, I can hear the squeak of the tracks and it gets me a bit nervious. Hope they improve the tracks.
^_^ Pixie_Jess