Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Trading Post

Trading Post Arrange, Offer, Request Trading of Items, Pins and other things from Virtual Magic Kingdoms

Old SCAMS: Read this before you trade anything!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Krystal's Avatar
Krystal Krystal is offline
Pirates of the Caribbean

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,040
Krystal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygrl
Hey Genie, VMK WILL NOT DO A DANG THING!!! I went to a Staff Member for help, IN THE GAME AND OUT!!! She would NOT do a thing about it. I admitt I was rude, I don't care!!! If VMK wants people to play a lot, and get friends to as well, they need to learn to respond to needs of the players. Otherwise, the population will decrease, and decrease, and decrease and then Walt Disney World and Disney Land Resort will be saying, "Oops, there goes a whole lotta money we spent on making VMK Central IN parks! Gosh, we should have listened to the players needs to be happy while playing!"
I know you are probably saying, "Well, people do not HAVE to play the game..." but maybe people are kids, or adults who HATE (Who would?!?!) sports and have nothing and nobody to come home to. The kids are getting bored with things that they already have, so they use VMK.


If you get scammed, it is not anyone's fault. Except your own. You should of been more careful. I was scammed before, and lost two special things to me.But I realized it was my fault. So if your scammed or something people wont leave VMK, and then sit on there behinds all day or whatever your saying,They will get on VMK and try again and be more careful.And Disneyland and Disneyworld never decrease. I think they get a million people or alot of people a month, each month even when people have jobs and school. So if you got scammed, and this is why your all going VMK STAFF I GOT SCAMMED GIVE ME MY STUFF BACK PLZ?!!? VMK staff can do somet things, if you report the person who scammed you, they can probably ban him or try to get your things back.But VMK will never decrease, even if school and work started.So sorry if Im mistaken, and Disneyland and Disneyworld will never decrease.
__________________
  #32  
Old 09-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Fuzzyfurs Fuzzyfurs is offline
Registered+

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Fuzzyfurs is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanx Genie
  #33  
Old 09-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Armygrl's Avatar
Armygrl Armygrl is offline
Occassionally Nostalgic.

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Plaza
Posts: 222
My Mood: VMK
Armygrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Krystal,
It was not me being scammed, and whoever is, IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT!!! It is VMK's for not making sure people get their stuff back. They need to either fix the game, or it will go down the tube.

Sincerely,
Armygrl
  #34  
Old 09-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Krystal's Avatar
Krystal Krystal is offline
Pirates of the Caribbean

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,040
Krystal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygrl
Krystal,
It was not me being scammed, and whoever is, IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT!!! It is VMK's for not making sure people get their stuff back. They need to either fix the game, or it will go down the tube.

Sincerely,
Armygrl

Armygrl,

Trading is fun on VMK. And it is there fault for not being careful. It's not yavn's or the people who helped him create it.Because, trading is fun and they do not want to stop trading things. They except VMK to be fun and if you get scammed,you get scammed. It will not go down the tube because WE DONT PAY A SINGLE THING!!
__________________
  #35  
Old 09-22-2005, 07:17 PM
neolordv's Avatar
neolordv neolordv is offline
VMK Name: Neolordv

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 79
neolordv is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Cool

thank you for the tips!

Last edited by neolordv; 09-22-2005 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: i wanted to change post icon
  #36  
Old 09-23-2005, 12:52 PM
kidbaseball's Avatar
kidbaseball kidbaseball is offline
VMK name- coolmumbo

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 132
kidbaseball is spinning in a Cursed Storm
thx genie your the best
  #37  
Old 09-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Armygrl's Avatar
Armygrl Armygrl is offline
Occassionally Nostalgic.

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Plaza
Posts: 222
My Mood: VMK
Armygrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal
Armygrl,

Trading is fun on VMK. And it is there fault for not being careful. It's not yavn's or the people who helped him create it.Because, trading is fun and they do not want to stop trading things. They except VMK to be fun and if you get scammed,you get scammed. It will not go down the tube because WE DONT PAY A SINGLE THING!!
Actually, I will prove your piont WRONG!!!

People play it, correct?If VMK starts to get unfair because STAFF NOT HELPING,people will STOP PLAYING.CAUSING NOBODY TO PLAY AND VMK WILL INFACT GO DOWN THE TUBE!!!
  #38  
Old 09-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Krystal's Avatar
Krystal Krystal is offline
Pirates of the Caribbean

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,040
Krystal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygrl
Actually, I will prove your piont WRONG!!!

People play it, correct?If VMK starts to get unfair because STAFF NOT HELPING,people will STOP PLAYING.CAUSING NOBODY TO PLAY AND VMK WILL INFACT GO DOWN THE TUBE!!!

Oh my gosh. Your not proving your point. I know like a 1000 people who will play VMK forever and ever.
__________________
  #39  
Old 09-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Alinator's Avatar
Alinator Alinator is offline
An old dude...

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 57
Alinator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygrl
Actually, I will prove your piont WRONG!!!

People play it, correct?If VMK starts to get unfair because STAFF NOT HELPING,people will STOP PLAYING.CAUSING NOBODY TO PLAY AND VMK WILL INFACT GO DOWN THE TUBE!!!
Let's say in real life you trade one of your toys to someone else for one of their toys. You realize later you don't like the trade (or were scammed) do you expect the police to come in and forcefully remove the toy from your friend and give it back to you? Oh, and they are supposed to do this when you are rude to them?

Normally in real life you would have to take someone to court and let a judge decide.

Scamming isn't fair and VMK staff and programmers have done a lot to help here. Sometimes it can take a while for them to sort things out. Who's to say you aren't trying to "scam" VMK staff and claim you lost something you didn't?

I know for a fact that they do follow through on these things. It took a while though. Of course I was always polite and nice to them, which goes a long way.

-al
__________________
The Alinator
Founder of the Old Dude Club (RIP) and now the Memory Loss Club on VMK
  #40  
Old 10-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Armygrl's Avatar
Armygrl Armygrl is offline
Occassionally Nostalgic.

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Plaza
Posts: 222
My Mood: VMK
Armygrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Gosh!!! It IS VMK's fault for NOT and again NOT getting people's stuff back and banning the one who DID THE STUPID THING!!! And yes, if they keep getting unfair about this stupid stuff, the people WILL stop playing.

Stop trying to get on my LAST NERVES!!!

Srry for being rude on my friend's thread.
Sincerely,
Armygrl

Last edited by MrGenie; 10-01-2005 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: language
  #41  
Old 10-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Armygrl's Avatar
Armygrl Armygrl is offline
Occassionally Nostalgic.

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Plaza
Posts: 222
My Mood: VMK
Armygrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
And Allianator,
I know I am obbsessed. I need Genie's healing room. But, I do not expect police.(That's what Moms are for, lol) I expect, however, for VMK to become wiser in trading systems. Let us please drop it,I am getting tired of trying to explain I have been insulted and some good friends have been scammed. and FYI: Being "scammed" is like being robbed. It hurts, and is unfair. And btw: I would never trade a toy for another. It never works.

Sincerely,
Armygrl
  #42  
Old 10-01-2005, 03:22 PM
SweepHunter's Avatar
SweepHunter SweepHunter is offline
Queen of Junk
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Userpage Donation Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4


Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,869
SweepHunter is Buried in TreasureSweepHunter is Buried in TreasureSweepHunter is Buried in Treasure
My advice is based on 5 years of pin trading as well as Coke Music.

1. Be prepared to get a screenshot and save it in paint. Name the file clearly such as "Screenname stealing pin". It allows you to show harrassment, rude behavior, hidden meanings in speech as well as trades. This is described elsewhere. Basically you do the screenshot, go to paint, paste the screen shot, then save it.

2. Read this site carefully as you need to know specifically what the value is of your items. There are pictures of each item here and you have to know what you are looking at. You have to be prepare.

3. Some people do not say what they mean. Fireworks pin can be the one you get when you hit level 3 or the bronze one. Some are to cheat and others are ignorant.

4. Make absolutely sure that the item you are getting is the one you want. Go to rooms and check out the items. I bought a Hong Kong chair that does not fit the themes I a going for and it takes up a lot of room and has no meaning to me unlike the flying saucers. Look for ideas and see the scale of the item as some items are space wasters and others have a small base like the Tiki bird in a tree.

5. Never ever trade teleporters or any item that is in pairs unless you trust that person especially if that item is not currently for sale. You can try the teleporter and see that they link but then that person picks up the items and you do not know that they have two more that they trade to you. An example is a person who shows you flawless diamond earrings and puts them in a bag but you do not know that in the bag are cheap quartz earrings. He takes the diamonds and leaves you with cheap glass.

6. It is a current scam for people to trade new people for an esmeralda or Yeti pin for clothes. Clothes can be sold for credits and you get nothing of value.

7. Disney allows 15 items whereas Coke allowed 6 items. It was common for someone to ask for 7 items worth 2,000d for a 5,000d item but the scammer had to have the first 6 items first. The victim gave the 6 items for free and then they did the second trade. The victim was ready to trade but the scammer was long gone with the 6 items.

8. Do not fall for the sympathy trick. At Coke people would claim to be poor and got lots of small items. They then held games or carefully traded those items to make a profit. More than one of these people had 4 to 6 rooms full of stuff. Most stuff can be sold including your shirt. Being nice is ok but people will get an item worth 750 for 500 and keep coming back for more discount stuff. If you want to help people then do it with the people who have helped you out and who are your true friends.

9. Do not get carried away with having to have an item. I have seen people who must have an item and have spent way too much just to get that item. I doubt any of you remember on Ebay the pins that sold for $500+ and pins that sold for $10 at Disneyland and then were on EBay for $100 because people had to have that pin.

10. Do not expect VMK or Disney to do anything if there is a scam. In theory Disney will have perfect and polite service and everything will go fine. You have to treat the game like you are running a business. You have to know your inventory, be nice, and be wary for the bad guys. Ask yourself what would you do in real life. Would you give someone $50 for a bike and expect that person to come back tomorrow with the bike? If there is a theft would you yell at the policeman? If there was a theft would you give a detailed description?

11. Never ever play VMK if you are drunk, sleepy, sick, having a food reaction, or doing other things like talking on the phone or surfing the net. It is not fair to others if you are not paying attention during a trade. You have to be alert at all times or you can get scammed.

12 The site is supposed to be for 8 - 14 year olds but it is open to anyone and like Coke Music it will draw a crowd of people who are cheaters and scammers. There is no way to tell if the person online is one of 100 mules of the same person or if what that person says is the truth. Expect temper tantrums, pouting, hissy fits and other child like behavior as some of the people are teen age boys.


That is what I have learned and I am guilty of the hissy fits. I hope this is not me just being opinionated.
  #43  
Old 10-02-2005, 03:23 PM
adventurenic's Avatar
adventurenic adventurenic is offline
adventurenic

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 38
adventurenic ís Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Angry

other ppl they say hit accept then they say i will put my stuff in after that and then they hit accept before they put in there stuff
  #44  
Old 10-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Armygrl's Avatar
Armygrl Armygrl is offline
Occassionally Nostalgic.

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Plaza
Posts: 222
My Mood: VMK
Armygrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You know what? I bet that is how my friend lost her stuff. I ALMOST lost my fireworks to some idiot (srry to say but it is true)for "Inferno." I did not accept first and be fooled, though.
Remember players: Trade Safe and only with those you trust.

Sincerely,
Armygrl

P.S.My friend got ears again. Hurray!!!
  #45  
Old 10-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Tamz's Avatar
Tamz Tamz is offline
wdwtamz

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 220
My Mood: Happy
Tamz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thank you. This is very god advice.
Tamz
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.