Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip

Disney Gossip Disney related topics/non-VMK related

Old Kingdom Keepers 5

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:40 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
True, true, true....Chernabog is more powerful. But Maleficent still is supposed to be pretty dang powerful (and at the time Chernabog didn't have power, she probably was the most powerful), and I had trouble taking her seriously after that.
Technically though not many people remember Maleificent claims there is a higher powerful villian then her that is also female. Who knows what it is? And also Finn probably got one of those adrenaline rushes because he was fighting to protect one he loves. Happens many times for other people in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
I can't remember the psycho part you're talking about.
It was in the end of book 2

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 12-20-2011, 12:44 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
Technically though not many people remember Maleificent claims there is a higher powerful villian then her that is also female. Who knows what it is? And also Finn probably got one of those adrenaline rushes because he was fighting to protect one he loves. Happens many times for other people in real life.

It was in the end of book 2

-Stitchco
I'm guessing Ursula. She is supposed to appear in KK5, and Ariel was in the last book, so it's a really good educated guess.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:14 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I love maleficent and believe that she should be the most powerful female villain.

What about the Evil Queen...has there been anything about her in KK? It's been so long since I read the books, it's hard to remember. If not Maleficent I think that the Evil Queen would be the most powerful, I don't really believe in Ursulas power.

I don't like Amanda by the way, and don't believe Finn should be with her, but with the other one that the romance was surrounding, I believe it was Charlene?
Old 12-20-2011, 04:34 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Spoliers

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

Quote:
I love maleficent and believe that she should be the most powerful female villain.

What about the Evil Queen...has there been anything about her in KK? It's been so long since I read the books, it's hard to remember. If not Maleficent I think that the Evil Queen would be the most powerful, I don't really believe in Ursulas power.

I don't like Amanda by the way, and don't believe Finn should be with her, but with the other one that the romance was surrounding, I believe it was Charlene?
1). Seems I'm out-numbered here and am the only one who wants Finn with Amanda xD .

2). At first I thought so too but the Evil Queen is not because she is seen rescuing Maleficent and views her as being more powerful. (Book 4)

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-20-2011, 04:59 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Haha yeah, I don't totally love all the romance in the book and think most of it is really silly stuff, but if it had to be anyone I'd hope for Finn&Charlene.

I hope they don't introduce many more powerful villains. Not saying I want it too be easy for the Kingdom Keepers but sometimes it gets frustrating to me. Through two or so books Maleficent was the most feared villain and it was clear who was in charge. Now it's Chernabog and he's the most feared and he's in charge. But there's another very powerful villain? Female apparently? Now is this villain in charge?

I'm totally fine with other villains coming in to support their side, Ursula coming in to help out, Queen of Hearts, I don't care but it seems to be a never ending chain of bad guys who answer to another bad guy. Who is the clear leader and who do they need to go after? Obviously for dramatic purposes they'll probably go up the chain of bad guys before facing the leader but if they took out the leader first would the rest crumble?

I don't think they would, Maleficent would love to take total control... but do you get where I'm going with this? Who is the real leader?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
but do you get where I'm going with this? Who is the real leader?
I see where you're coming from....there's a lot of ambiguity when it comes to who the KKs are actually fighting against. It's interesting to think about how some of the Disney villains may actually be fighting against each other, but considering there are so many lose threads that already need to be tied, does that subject really even need to be opened in the first place to add more depth to the story? After all, one of the main things in Disney storytelling in how one side is obviously good and the other side is obviously evil....it's not very often that (in Disney stories, that is) there are people in the middle.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:04 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Technically there should only be one above Chernabog, and that villian should be female from what Maleficient had said. Originally I had automatically assumed it was the Evil Queen. Now that we know it can't be, what villian could it be then?... I'm at a loss...

-Stitchco

P.S. - Ridley recently announced that KK5: Shell Game hit stores April 3rd.
-Stitchco

Last edited by Stitchco; 01-09-2012 at 08:08 AM..
Old 01-14-2012, 06:57 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
So excited for the 5th book, though it is still about three months away. I still don't think anything will beat the first book though
Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I do agree with Bluedudeman (although I haven't read all of the books). I feel like the first book was by far superior to the rest. With each books he depreciates the amount of believability in the books. I realize it is supposed to be fiction, but several details aren't thought out very well. I feel like he just pumps out books without much reguard to quality because he knows people will buy the book due to the fact that it is paired wit Disney.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:24 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I do agree with Bluedudeman (although I haven't read all of the books). I feel like the first book was by far superior to the rest. With each books he depreciates the amount of believability in the books. I realize it is supposed to be fiction, but several details aren't thought out very well. I feel like he just pumps out books without much reguard to quality because he knows people will buy the book due to the fact that it is paired wit Disney.
^This^ Totally agree with you, Etna.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Hello everyone The 5th book came out today, and I'm about 40% done with reading it, says my Kindle Fire

It's pretty good so far.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Awards Showcase

My Nook Color says I'm finished with it.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
I wish I could have read it all yesterday but I have three tests today
Old 04-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Awards Showcase

Aww that stinks. I'm on spring break so I had all day.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
I start Spring Break today

I finally finished the book yesterday, I wasn't a huge fan.