Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip

Disney Gossip Disney related topics/non-VMK related

Old Fans mad at Miley?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Grunge Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Curmudgeon
Flea is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm guessing the dude who said..
Quote:
"Needless to say I was furious! I paid good money to see the concert. I was disappointed and I felt like I was played for a fool."
..is way over-exaggerating on the situation, since it seems the double was only on the stage for a short time..

Last edited by Flea; 01-13-2008 at 09:30 PM..
Old 01-13-2008, 09:08 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I know! He feels like a fool? I think he is one ^.^
Old 01-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
i love miley and it really didnt upset me about the fake hannah it wasnt ever for a mintue. People shouldnt be going crazy over it
Old 01-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: AFK
MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
People should just deal with it and not make such a big deal.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteDeeBlue View Post
Here's the new story they are saying:

It was ever so brief, but the use of a body double by Miley Cyrus on her best-selling "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus 'Best of Both Worlds'" tour is creating plenty of buzz.

A video shows the 15-year-old entertainer as "Hannah" dancing onstage with a group of dancers and the Jonas Brothers, also on the tour. During the song, someone ushers her offstage via a trap door. Immediately, another girl dressed like the character "Hannah" in the same pink trench coat with blonde hair covering her faces dances around, runs up the stage set, and then quickly leaves.

While the double is holding a microphone for her less than a minute, the girl motions like she is singing. However, a rep for Miley said the switch was only for costume purposes.

"To help speed the transition from Hannah to Miley, there is a production element during the performance of 'We Got the Party' incorporating a body double for Miley," according to statement Friday from the public relations firm PMK.

"After Hannah has completed the featured verse on the duet with the Jonas Brothers, a body double appears approximately one to two minutes prior to the end of the song in order to allow Miley to remove the Hannah wig and costume and transform into Miley for her solo set. Other than during this very brief transitional moment in the show, Miley performs live during the entirety of both the Hannah and Miley segments of the concert."

Miley's "Hannah Montana" tour is one of the nation's hottest tours, selling out within minutes when tickets went on sale last fall. Some people have been reselling tickets for thousands of dollars. Miley has released two albums under the "Hannah Montana" brand, both of which have sold more than two million copies.
How long does it take to take off a wig? Seriously, just have her take off the wig when she is on stage or just be hannah or just miley. I don't get why they continue the miley/hannah charade at the concerts. Why would they pay a stunt double for a minute? seems a little fishy to me..
Old 01-14-2008, 01:28 AM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase

MinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with ConfettiMinniesDream is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
How long does it take to take off a wig? Seriously, just have her take off the wig when she is on stage or just be hannah or just miley. I don't get why they continue the miley/hannah charade at the concerts. Why would they pay a stunt double for a minute? seems a little fishy to me..
Because her "gourgeous brunette hair" is shoved up in a blonde wig. If she just took it off, her hair would look... not so good.

So they quickly need to do whatever they do to make her hair look presentable. So that takes a minute.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
and she can't just be miley the whole time why?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:37 AM
I miss VMK so much.
Awards Showcase

Quote:
and she can't just be miley the whole time why?
Because, frankly, the entire "double person" idea is idotic.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Oh, well that makes sense. seriously to keep the double person thing alive they have to pay a stunt double. wow ironic, its actually a double person with the stunt double.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:04 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yeah. But can you balme her? She is Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana, so it's one of those things you can't change.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
But she is Miley Cyrus, if she says she wants something she gets it the second she asks or they get fired. I am sure if she didn't want the double personality on tour she wouldn't use it on tour.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:08 PM
legallyblondethemusical
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

futureimagineer1117 is floating through Inner Space
I heard the double was a boy...? LOL, I really don't know.

I don't get why people are making a huge deal. Think about it.. would you rather have to sit and wait for 15 or so minutes while she changes or be entertained with who you think is Miley?

JoBros are opening for Miley, not filling up gaps. They only OPEN, therefore, OPENING ACT. They don't just play in the middle of things.

About the wig... Miley said in an interview that not only does she have to do her hair, but the wig is glued to her forehead so it doesn't fly off.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Again why doesn't she just say she doesn't want a wig glued to her forehead and just be miley during the concert?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:14 PM
legallyblondethemusical
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

futureimagineer1117 is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Again why doesn't she just say she doesn't want a wig glued to her forehead and just be miley during the concert?
Because she wants it. She wanted to do both people, otherwise they probably wouldn't do it.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Weird.. why would you want a wig glued to your head? weird disney stars.