Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Walt Disney World's Port Orleans French Quarter

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:22 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Walt Disney World's Port Orleans French Quarter

Hello! Guess what? About 2 weeks ago, I figured out that my family, for our next vacation, is going to be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. I am extremely excited! You see, the last 2 vacations I have been to, I have stayed at the All Star Movies. Those trips were fun. But, this trip will be my first stay at a Moderate Resort. You can obviously tell I'm excited from my signature.

Has anyone stayed here before?
Old 03-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I stayed there alot when I was younger. My family likedriverside better, but French Quarter is nice. They have a really nice food court, not mention they have a really cool pool. It works out really well with families. If you don't want to deal with the noise at the main pool you can always go to a quiet pool(you basically have the pool to yourself).You can take a boat over to Downtown Disney from your resort. I hope you have a wonderful vacation, and I can't wait to hear about it.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Thank you for letting me know how good the food is! I looked at pictures of the food court online, and I absolutely love the Mardi Gras theme of it. I'm also really excited about the pool; That dragon is the best!

Just a question:

If we request a building that is closer to the bus stop/main entrance, will we be charged extra?
Old 03-23-2009, 01:07 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Thank you for letting me know how good the food is! I looked at pictures of the food court online, and I absolutely love the Mardi Gras theme of it. I'm also really excited about the pool; That dragon is the best!

Just a question:

If we request a building that is closer to the bus stop/main entrance, will we be charged extra?
Not at all. What you should do is request when you reserve the room or call again if you have. Once you're checking in, remind them that you've requested to be be near the main-entrance which is right next to the bus stop basically.

As for have I been there before? I've been to all WDW resorts. French Quarter is my favorite moderate hotel for many reasons. On a relaxful day I'll go in the pool and then the hot tub afterwards. If you are in the parking lot by the bus stop at the time of Illuminations, you can see and hear parts of the show. You can take a boat to Downtown Disney or Port Orleans Riverside which is really relaxing. You can swim at their Ol man Island pool which actually has a better slide than French Quarter in my opinion. It has more turns and is longer than the dragon slide. they both have arcades and river side has entertainment for comedy where as french quarter has a live "jazz type" of guy who plays a variety of songs through instruments almost nightly.

If you would like more information just give me a shout or post back here.

-Stitchco, your WDW Travel Informer/Guide/Questionaire

P.S. - french quarter only has 1 pool. it is Port Orleans Riverside that has qiuet pools.
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 03-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
Not at all. What you should do is request when you reserve the room or call again if you have. Once you're checking in, remind them that you've requested to be be near the main-entrance which is right next to the bus stop basically.
Ugh, try telling my mom that.

Me: I asked online, and stitchco said that you don't have to pay extra.
Mom: But when we stayed at the All Star Movies, we had to pay extra to stay at a room close to the bus stop.
Me: Mom, this guy has been here before, he knows what he's talking about.
Mom: But it doesn't make sense.
Me: >_<

Anyways, thank you!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
If anything, Disney would charge you for a room with a view, not a room near the entrance or bus stop. I'd suggest simply giving Disney a phone-call, explaining the situation (why you want that room) and they SHOULD give you it for no extra charge. Most likely they put people like yourself in rooms like that anyway, so you're only requesting.

We were going to stay at the French Quarter last August for a few nights, ended up going to DAKL instead.. :P
Old 03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
If anything, Disney would charge you for a room with a view, not a room near the entrance or bus stop. I'd suggest simply giving Disney a phone-call, explaining the situation (why you want that room) and they SHOULD give you it for no extra charge. Most likely they put people like yourself in rooms like that anyway, so you're only requesting.

We were going to stay at the French Quarter last August for a few nights, ended up going to DAKL instead.. :P
Yea, I had a feeling. The preferred rooms are the ones by the pool, so they'd probably make you pay extra for that. And I'll call them sometime, thanks!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Ugh, try telling my mom that.

Me: I asked online, and stitchco said that you don't have to pay extra.
Mom: But when we stayed at the All Star Movies, we had to pay extra to stay at a room close to the bus stop.
Me: Mom, this guy has been here before, he knows what he's talking about.
Mom: But it doesn't make sense.
Me: >_<

Anyways, thank you!
I would suggest just to make your mom happy. It's very stressful planning a vacation and letting her be maybe the the best thing. Besides, most of the rooms are prettty close to the bus stop/main-entrance. It's not worth it to play "who's right?".
Old 03-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I would suggest just to make your mom happy. It's very stressful planning a vacation and letting her be maybe the the best thing. Besides, most of the rooms are prettty close to the bus stop/main-entrance. It's not worth it to play "who's right?".
Well, she told me to ask on here. I was just trying to tell her the info on here. None of us are right.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:50 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'm sorry but I was correct and so were they yet all incorrect at the same time.

A Pool view (near the pool room) does cost more at French Quarter however, there are rooms next to the main entrance and not near the pool that they would not charge extra. our family goes there quite often to WDW and french quarter is a place we stay at frequently. when we go to a resort we request a room that we now we can get without charging.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco