Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old WDW News

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:20 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
Allow me to help in some ways for some updates since I go to WDW quite often:

1). the dinosaur restaurant in downtown disney is call T-Rex Cafe, which is similar to rainforest cafe, but is dino-themed, has volcanic eruptions, and intereactive computer games to play with, plus their own Buid-A-Dino area (like Build-A-Bear)

2). In 2009 sometime, the Dreams Come True parade will be replaced by the Parade of Dreams appearently.

3). a new version of Illuminations should be coming soon this year.

Aloha for now!

-Stitch
The Illuminations show isn't changing, i heard rumors that they will put it on selected nights (instead every night), that they will change it if the economy gets better.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:58 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketic View Post
The Illuminations show isn't changing, i heard rumors that they will put it on selected nights (instead every night), that they will change it if the economy gets better.
i dont know where you heard that from but i had a dinner with an imagineer recently (yeah again i did) and they said that they are hoping to get the new one out this year because of the current promotion. the economy does not really happening to be affecting them at the moment

-stitch
Old 12-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sporkness
Centurey is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
Here are is a pic of the tower when it was under construction:

For some odd reason I can't find one of it finished, it's finished I got a Disney Vacation Club thing through the mail about it.
Because it isnt finished

Old 12-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
i dont know where you heard that from but i had a dinner with an imagineer recently (yeah again i did) and they said that they are hoping to get the new one out this year because of the current promotion. the economy does not really happening to be affecting them at the moment

-stitch
Heh..that's a good one. Disneys attendance of the parks is 35% full, they are losing so much money right now their basicly begging you to go. Right now they have the lowest rates I have seen in years and you can even negotiate with them to make the price go lower. The economy is affecting everyone. Imagineers aren't the mods trustworthy considering Disney changes their mind all the time about what they are going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurey View Post
Because it isnt finished
It's finished, I got a thing through the mail from Disney saying that it was finished and talked about it a bit. Unless Disney got pictures of it being finished before it was finished.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:50 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

WDW Monorail is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
It's finished, I got a thing through the mail from Disney saying that it was finished and talked about it a bit. Unless Disney got pictures of it being finished before it was finished.
The BLT is not yet complete. We're looking at a late 2009 opening.
Scaffolding started coming down this week so much of the exterior facade work is compete.

As for IllumiNations being changed, yes there are plans to replace it however, nothing is final. Don Dorsey should be working on the new show as well since it is listed on his website.

Space Mountain should go down for quite some time beginning in April, unless Phil Holmes says otherwise... He already scared ops in to thinking that closing Space for 14 months would cause a drop in attendance. The budget for a complete gutting and rebuilding of the track, including new load/unload, post show, new trains with on-board audio and effect upgrades was earmarked. But Mr. Holmes got it cut down to nothing more than a cleaning.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
The BLT is not yet complete. We're looking at a late 2009 opening.
Scaffolding started coming down this week so much of the exterior facade work is compete.

As for IllumiNations being changed, yes there are plans to replace it however, nothing is final. Don Dorsey should be working on the new show as well since it is listed on his website.

Space Mountain should go down for quite some time beginning in April, unless Phil Holmes says otherwise... He already scared ops in to thinking that closing Space for 14 months would cause a drop in attendance. The budget for a complete gutting and rebuilding of the track, including new load/unload, post show, new trains with on-board audio and effect upgrades was earmarked. But Mr. Holmes got it cut down to nothing more than a cleaning.
Oh, sorry my mistake Disney confuses me alot. Anyways, they really need to redo space mountain. The last time I went on it my brother who is 6'2" could barely fit in the little cars and the guy in front of me who was way taller than that could barely get the safety bar down. They need to make it more friendly towards taller people.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sporkness
Centurey is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:

It looked to me it was unfinished. I was there during thanksgivign.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:43 AM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
Bay Lake Tower (that's what it's called) isn't finished yet. Whoever got something in the mail about it, the picture was probably something that people who build buildings make so that they know what it's going to look like.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:53 AM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah, I got a thing in the mail about that too. They're just trying to get you a picture of BLT so you would want to go when it opens in Fall. You can see what it is planned to look like online.

Signature by Skrik