Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old The Official WDW Tours Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
The Official WDW Tours Thread

WARNING: Some secrets of WDW that might ruin the magic of Disney might be revealed in some of this thread. Please proceed with caution!

In my VMKF's WDW Nerd thread, many of you seem interested in tours, so I thought I would make an official thread where we can all talk about the different tours that WDW offers/offered.

To kick this off I'm going to start with the Undiscovered Future World Tour!

This tour is around the $50-75 range is for those who are 16+. This tour usually lasts for around 4 hours but at times might go over those 4 hours depending on various things. It talks about the history of EPCOT, unknown facts about Walt Disney and his legacy, unknown facts about EPCOT, behinds the scenes of Guest Relations and Innoventions, The Seas With Nemo and Friends, going on SOARIN with practically no wait, behind the scenes of Universe of Energy where you can touch audio-animatronics, behinds the scenes of Mission: Space in their VIP lounge, and behind the scenes of other areas which I have already sworn not to tell and stuff. Also included was a special pin you can only get by going on this tour. I must say I have been on many tours and this is the only one I have repeated more than once, and actually 3 times. If there is one tour I recommend you doing even if you don't like EPCOT, I highly recommend this tour.

The next tour I'll be talking about is The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour. Until then.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 01-10-2012, 05:32 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
That sounds like a really fun one. My mom and I are really set on doing a tour next trip (we've never done a tour before), and this one looks like a really good one. I told my mom about it, and she went, "Ooh, write that one down!"
Old 01-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I've also never been on a tour and that one sounds like the one I'd want to do

I love seeing the Behind the Seeds tour when I'm on the land haha
Old 01-11-2012, 02:05 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
What do you think of the Keys to the Kingdom tour? It looks like a really good one, too.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
This is awesome, i gotta try it soon.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:44 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
As promised here is my thoughts and experience with the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour:

We actually did this one for my dad and it cost us about $40 (he loves trains a bit to much -_- xD lol). The tour began 30 minutes before they even let those who had breakfast reservations into the park. We were actually able to get pictures of Main Street with hardly no one but a manager or 2 there. From there we took one of the trains out towards the back where they keep the trains stored as well as the monorails. They showed as an up close view of the trains, where we even got to go up to where the engineer and fire master where (fire master keeps the wood burning at certain temperature and makes sure it doesn't get to hot). From there we headed on one of the train's going back into the Magic Kingdom, and were told about some history behind Walt and his love for trains. After the tour concluded we got a special pin as well and where done with the tour officialy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
What do you think of the Keys to the Kingdom tour? It looks like a really good one, too.

Phew. The Keys to the Kingdom Tour? That is a tour I've been asked many people about. Since it was asked, my next tour report will be on officialy now: The Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I have been on it, and will tell all when I see you guys have talked more about these tours, and will talk within the week about it hopefully.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 01-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Really excited to hear about this tour. Again, I haven't been on any tours in Disney and I think it'd be so interesting to do one.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:02 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I went on a tour a couple years ago, but I don't recall the name. It started at the American Pavillion, where you are able to see the show behind the scenes. Then we went to Wilderness Lodge and ate lunch at Whispering Canyon. Next we went to a building near Magic Kingdom, where we saw staff members refurbishing ride cars. The building with the holiday decorations was also in the same lot, but we weren't allowed to go in. After that we went in the utilidor (tunnels underneath Magic Kingdom), which was really interesting. Then we went to Hollywood Studios, where we went to the building where they sew and design costumes for the characters(the one you see on the backlot tour). After this you are taken backstage at Tower of Terror and the tour pretty much ended there. You also get a free pin as well. I don't recall the name or the price, but it was definitely worth the money. You learn a great deal about the parks.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:05 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
The tour that you had just described sounds like the Backstage Magic Tour if I am correct Etna.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Yep, that sounds right
Old 09-20-2012, 03:20 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Next 3 tours I will do (vote by telling me on here basically) as it will be up to you:

-More detailed version of Backstage Magic
-Behind the Seeds
-Marceline to Magic Kingdom
-Keys to the Kingdom

-Master Sorcerer Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 09-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
My parents and I had been discussing Keys to the Kingdom for YEARS, but naturally there's the age limit of 16. This meant that as soon as I turned 16 in July, we did the tour that August - it was just brilliant. I was constantly in awe about everything that was said, right from the evacuation routes, to the parade technology, and backstage areas. Fantastic day.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:09 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
My parents and I had been discussing Keys to the Kingdom for YEARS, but naturally there's the age limit of 16. This meant that as soon as I turned 16 in July, we did the tour that August - it was just brilliant. I was constantly in awe about everything that was said, right from the evacuation routes, to the parade technology, and backstage areas. Fantastic day.
I agree with you. The Keys to the Kingdom tour is simply phenomenal. But it doesn't quite measure up to the cheaper and (for me) more exciting Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour. At least now a days xD

Anyone care to choose which tour they want me to talk about next?

-Master Sorcerer Stitchco
-Stitchco