Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Changes for Tom Sawyer's Island

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveTheRain View Post
They aren't as free-giving with th information as in the past, I suppose. The new attitude towards Cast Members is: "Drain them until they quit in a month and we replace them." No information is given to them, unless it is useless. I'm guessing they assume the guests will tell the Cast Members what is going on, or the Cast Members will care enough to research it and find out, which very few of them do.
Sad to say, but you are quite correct. In fact, it's one of the reasons I'm glad I left working there when I did. Just remember this one simple fact:

New workers are cheaper.

Their pay starts out much lower than long-time CMs, so it's much more profitable to turn over staff frequently. Therefore, no knowledge of Park history. Or desire to know, for that matter.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:53 PM
vans rock ur sox off!

Monkey_Punnk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow,
They would do something like that!!!
Omg
Old 07-06-2007, 12:07 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
Sad to say, but you are quite correct. In fact, it's one of the reasons I'm glad I left working there when I did. Just remember this one simple fact:

New workers are cheaper.

Their pay starts out much lower than long-time CMs, so it's much more profitable to turn over staff frequently. Therefore, no knowledge of Park history. Or desire to know, for that matter.
I miss Walt. There was a man who cared about more than just making money.