Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old New Walt Disney World Resort Announced!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:44 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
New Walt Disney World Resort Announced!

Disney's Art of Animation Resort - to be ready in 2012.

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will feature 1,120 suites with room for as many as six people each and another 864 traditional hotel rooms, with a design theme based on four of the company’s most popular animated movies.

Plans for the new resort show 10 wings of rooms and a separate building housing the check-in lobby and restaurants. The hotel wings will be separated into four distinct groups, each with a theme from a different animated movie: The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Finding Nemo and Cars.

Each section will have separate courtyards anchored by icons from the movies — such as a 35-foot-tall King Triton presiding over the Mermaid section — and the entire resort will use bright-color palettes evocative of the lush scenery of animated movies. Hotel designers say they have been soliciting input from artists at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios on everything from building elevations to which scenes to depict at the swimming pools.

“The hope is you walk into this courtyard and you’re kind of like seeing it as a character in the movie,” said Frank Paris, a senior project manager with Walt Disney Imagineering, the company’s in-house attraction-design unit.

Because the majority of its rooms will be six-person suites, the Art of Animation Resort will have roughly the same capacity as Pop Century, which has 2,800 conventional rooms.

It's going to be built where the Legendary years for Pop Century were going to be built before they stopped construction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, they're going to use that place for something!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:25 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
That sounds really cool!
Do you know if it will be a Value, Moderate, or Deluxe resort?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
The complex will be priced as a “value” hotel, at the low end of Disney World’s scale, similar to Disney’s Pop Century and All-Star resorts, where standard rates begin at $82 a night, though I'd imagine this would just be for the standard rooms. Family rooms cost more at the All-Star Music (where they have a limited amount of family quites), so I'd imagine the case would be the same, here.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Awesome! We stayed at Pop Century the last two times we went, so maybe we'll stay at this new resort when it's built!

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I do find this as one of Disney's most....interesting ideas. The resort is called Pop Century and they only have half a century ('50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and ‘90s). Now that they decide to finish the other half, they decide to keep it half a century? I don't think Disney really thought this decision through very well. Not to mention, their park attendance has been quite low since Harry Potter Land opened, so why would they open another resort that is going to be empty?

Although, Pop Century is one of my favorite resorts, so it will be nice to have other option that is similar to it.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Awards Showcase

I wondered the same thing, Etna. I mean, it seems kind of sloppy to have a bridge linking two completely-themed resorts. But still, I like the idea.

But I do not believe that the resort is going to be empty. The family resorts at the all star music and the Alligator Bayou rooms at POR that room 5 are in really high demand, so it's about time that those traveling with a group of about six got a break trying to find a hotel at Disney.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:31 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
There are more 4, 5 and 6 person bookings than you think. Besides, this looks awesome. Next time we go, if this is open, I might try to convince parents to get a room here. Although I still want to stay in the Yacht and Beach club resort... the one with the acre pool? I think it's the Yacht and Beach club anyway.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Darn skippy!

DanaAirFairy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Sounds amazing :] looking forward to a little mermaid themed resort area :P
Old 05-31-2010, 03:39 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I just stayed at pop century in march and was very curious what they were doing with the un-finished pop century.

That sounds very nicee tho!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
I like books.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
SmileGirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccolisprout View Post
Although I still want to stay in the Yacht and Beach club resort... the one with the acre pool? I think it's the Yacht and Beach club anyway.
Yes, the pool is called Stormalong Bay, and it's very nice.

(Back on topic) I think this resort will be nice. I wish they would make it like Animator's Palette on the Disney ships, but I know that won't happen. Ah well.

-Smiles
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, Just a dream away!!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I do find this as one of Disney's most....interesting ideas. The resort is called Pop Century and they only have half a century ('50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and ‘90s). Now that they decide to finish the other half, they decide to keep it half a century? I don't think Disney really thought this decision through very well. Not to mention, their park attendance has been quite low since Harry Potter Land opened, so why would they open another resort that is going to be empty?

Although, Pop Century is one of my favorite resorts, so it will be nice to have other option that is similar to it.
Actually the reason being that they didn't finish the other half of the century (aka from 1900-1940) was because when they were going to do it 9/11 occured. They didn't finish it due to the fact that it might not hold as much interest in future park goers. However, they chose popular and significant movies that could fit into this hotel.

As a head's up: The Finding Nemo section will open first around late May, followed by the Cars section in late July, rhen the Lion King in late September, and finally The Little Mermaid section in the later part of 2011.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 01-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I feel that this will be one of the better resorts. Resorts are one of my favorite part of the whole experience and this seems to be great
Old 01-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 

Born In Park
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
It seems awfully expensive for a value resort. I realize it mostly has suites, but still it seems rather high.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
It seems awfully expensive for a value resort. I realize it mostly has suites, but still it seems rather high.
xD What are the prices? I haven't seen them yet and no one has posted what they are on here yet.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 01-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
I went to the Disney travel website and priced a room for two adults and two children (one is 10 and the other is 12, it was completely random) for August 25-31(once again random date). It ended up being $249 a night and $1401 for the entire stay (that is just the hotel). While Pop Century was $92 a night and $518 for the entire stay. You could get two rooms at Pop Century and it would still be cheaper.