Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > VMKF's Competitions and Contests

VMKF's Competitions and Contests Threads containing our competitions, contests, and suggestions.

Old Pull's Trash Trivia! : Week 2

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
Pull's Trash Trivia! : Week 2

Pull's Trash Trivia!

Thanks, Xiaolin and StitchMad, for the awesome logo!

Thanks for making this contest such a success everyone! January 6th to January 12th was our first round of Pull's Trash Trivia. We received well over 100 answer submissions, more than half of which were correct!

The question was...

Quote:
VMK Math! Number of ghosts thought to be in The Haunted Mansion divided by the amount of bats in Haunted Mansion Lobby minus the number of shields shown in the Banquet Hall divided by the amount of "map accessible" rooms in Adventureland = What number?
And the answer is 10. There are 999 ghosts in The Haunted Mansion (always room for one more!), 9 bats inside of the haunted mansion lobby, 11 shields in the Banquet Hall (big and small!) and 10 "map accessible" rooms in Adventureland. 999/9= 111, 111-11=100, 100/10=10

The winners for this round of trivia are..
Capn_Brain
aldisneyfans
MadameBelle

Each of these players will receive a code to be used in VMK to redeem a Thrill Seekers Quest Pin. Perhaps the pin can help you get some of the new items released? Who knows what prizes are in store for this week's round of trivia!

Now, without further ado..

This week's question! (January 13th-19th 2008): The VMK Map is a fun and easy way to explore VMK. How many avatars can you see wandering around the seven colorful maps of VMK? (Count just the people, nothing else.)

Think you know the correct answer? Send a Personal Message (PM) to Schmoofy. For easy access, just click this link.

Everyone with an account here at VMKForums.com has a chance to win a great prize!

Very simply, you need to just include your answer in the PM. Title your PM "Pull's Trash Trivia". Only send ONE message. If you send multiple, you will automatically be disqualified from the current round of trivia.

Winners are chosen randomly. If your answer is correct, your username will be added to a random generator that will then pick three names. The three users chosen will then receive a prize. This prize is a code for VMK.

"Wait, are they serious!?!?!"

Yes, we have a bundle of retired VMK quest cards that are not being used. The code you receive will not be one from an online VMK game, such as the Finding Nemo or Narnia game, but an actual code from a retired quest card. No, you will not receive the card, just the code in a PM.

The three winners will be announced on Sunday, January 20th. The names will be included in a new thread with a new trivia question.

Your PM must be in by VMK closing on Saturday night, the 19th of January. Any PMs after that will not be included in the drawing.

Answers will not be permitted to be posted. If the answer, or a fake answer, is posted, the post will be removed and the user will not be permitted to win that round of trivia. This also pertains to asking for an answer.

As per our guidelines, we reserve the right to deny a prize to anyone who uses multiple accounts to attempt to win a prize.

Congratulations to last week's winners,
And as always, have fun!

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 01-13-2008, 06:16 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I like this game. It sounds fun!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:19 AM
Magic Kingdom tour guide
Awards Showcase
Which Disney Character Participant's Award Halloween '09 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Disney
Epcotfans is as Frosty as a Snowman
Lets see tomorrow! are u talking about every map?
Old 01-13-2008, 06:28 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Wow, let me tell you, a lot of counting! I just finished counting all the people. It took me: 10 minutes. And I messed up like 4 times on the main map. Have fun counting everyone! lol

~Destination
Old 01-13-2008, 07:47 AM
More Joom..

joombly has disabled reputation
Challenging for me I think Im going to mess up like 20 times
Old 01-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered+

Khaki_footed is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow, was I off in my counting for the first question. Well congratulations to the winners. Now, i'm off to count little people.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Are you talking about the current maps or the past maps as well?

Check out my VMK memory that was featured in the VMK Newsletter right here.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Au revoir =]
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Jeena is covered with ConfettiJeena is covered with ConfettiJeena is covered with Confetti
Lol. This is kinda difficult, I keep finding random avatars I hadn't seen when I first counted.
(I've also found a something that needs to be replaced on the wiki, I'll private message someone.)

EDIT- TravisSch, I'm thinking (and hoping) it's the current maps.

Jeena
xxXxx

Last edited by Jeena; 01-13-2008 at 02:01 PM..
Old 01-13-2008, 01:53 PM
x×X×x M£ĢÃŇ x×X×x

Beautiful is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow. This is extremelly odd. I had 3 ghosts divided by 9 bats (3/9) = 3-2 shields (2-3) = 1 divided by 10 rooms in adventureland (1/10) = 10. Extremelly Odd.

.:. Beautiful♥

(Ps: like the idea of counting the hardest things to find on the map)
Old 01-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
Gl all I think I know...
Old 01-13-2008, 01:57 PM
I am the Brain of you all
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Nerdy
Brain is covered with ConfettiBrain is covered with ConfettiBrain is covered with Confetti
Wow... Thx Schmoofy for the great prize this week's is hard.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Banned

Xiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Are you asking for the VMK homepage map and the 6 lands?
Old 01-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: VMK
Scootz has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Scootz has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
Wow. This is extremelly odd. I had 3 ghosts divided by 9 bats (3/9) = 3-2 shields (2-3) = 1 divided by 10 rooms in adventureland (1/10) = 10. Extremelly Odd.

.:. Beautiful♥

(Ps: like the idea of counting the hardest things to find on the map)
3/9 is .333... then that minus 2 is -2.333... (Yes negative). Then that divided by 10 is .2333...

Back on topic, I have a really hard time counting the avatars, I hope I don't miscount
Old 01-13-2008, 03:09 PM
VMK for all!

Acepowerboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow I was off in the numbers, I only counted the small shields, I thought the big ones where banners no t shields. Oh well. Good luck on the next one.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Good Morning VMKF Crew!

My Mood: VMK
MasterMario is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You want the people included on the map like how many people there are in Tomorrowland, Adventureland and that?