Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old So why not pay?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Goofyjenn

Jenngoofys is as Frosty as a Snowman
Since VMK shares your sign in with most of their other sites, you should be able to keep your title, Items and most importantly Your Friends Lists. All they have to do is on may 21st give the option pay to play meaning you keep everything and pay to play like normal. $10 a month would give them and average of $70,000 A MONTH OR $840,000 A YEAR !!!! I think they should be able to run off that. Come on makes sense to me.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
VMK has given us plenty of time to react to a closing.
Part of me says with all the posts about saving the game, there is a reason for the extra time.
If a game was really closing, usually it just does.
If you wanted to switch a free game to a pay per play game without upsetting even more people, you make them think they are the reason it was saved.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:08 PM
i'm not that girl..

ElphabaTheWitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenngoofys View Post
Since VMK shares your sign in with most of their other sites, you should be able to keep your title, Items and most importantly Your Friends Lists. All they have to do is on may 21st give the option pay to play meaning you keep everything and pay to play like normal. $10 a month would give them and average of $70,000 A MONTH OR $840,000 A YEAR !!!! I think they should be able to run off that. Come on makes sense to me.
$10 a month is WAY too much.. just remember, we have lag, dc, LINES, etc. this game has yet to be crafted into a flawless game.. i still stick to my $12/yr. its worth no more than that.

also, if they were to do that, i would hope they would tell us this before the 21st. i have a boy account, and i'd at least like to transfer all his stuff over if i know i am going to stay.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Registered+

bluegrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
intresting thought mrmyth. i thought the same. i would think that they would just close the site with like a weeks notice. not 2 months, slightly less than 2 months.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Princess Korlia

tina_als_girl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Maybe they should do something similar to Puzzle Pirates, where on one server non-paying members are limited with what they can "buy", while subscribers can "purchase" anything available in the "stores"; and on the other server, you can take the coins you earn and exchange them for "doubloons" that can be used to purchase anything available in the stores. It takes a lot of coins to get one "doubloon", but it would allow people to still play for free if they want to work hard at being able to get whatever items they want, but the people who can afford it and don't have a lot of time to play can use the subscription way...

Dr. Gregory House: There is no "I" in team... But there is a "me", if you jumble it up.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
I would pay, but here's my idea:

All of us who have been long time VMK players and played it as a free game should get free full access.

I don't think it should become pay to play though, because a lot of kids aren't able to pay for the parks, how will they pay for VMK?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:38 AM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Sad
BelieveNTheMagic is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellisMan View Post

All of us who have been long time VMK players and played it as a free game should get free full access.

I don't think it should become pay to play though, because a lot of kids aren't able to pay for the parks, how will they pay for VMK?
Then, that would be alot of people playing VMK for free since VMK has always been a free game. That wouldn't really help them earn money.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Best Kept Disney Secret
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
gigarichard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellisMan View Post

They won't. They expect us to go from a FREE game to a choice of games that all cost money? I have a feeling they aren't seeing enough visitors in those games and how do you get more? Demolish one game and tell everyone from that game to go to the others.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:47 AM
VMK's true DJ! :D Remix!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tris-Remix is as Frosty as a Snowman
I wouldn't pay because my parents wotn elt me and it'd be a waste if i quit, sorry to be cheap but that how i am
Old 04-09-2008, 03:23 AM

My Mood: Brooding
limitegal has disabled reputation
i would definitly pay to play!! vmkay is lik awwssoomee <33