Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old Internet Explorer 7

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned

Xiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Angry Internet Explorer 7

My computer MADE me update my old Internet Explorer to Internet Explorer 7. I think the address bar should not be there. How do I put it down!?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

PaperClip is floating through Inner Space
Make sure that your toolbars are not locked, then just drag them down on the little resize thing a ma bob. I had to do this pretty recently with mine. And it doesn't make you do anything. You can easily un install it if you would like to. Just by going to the Add and Remove Programs in the control panel. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Raining on the parade

Rainy_days has disabled reputation
well if you don't update it, some websites don't work so they kind of do. Anyways yea try what allowasas said
Old 01-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Banned

Xiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I did, the address bar won't move. >P__<
Old 01-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
Very simple solution, download FireFox. FireFox is way faster, as I've found out, and works awesome with VMK.

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 01-12-2007, 10:56 PM
- i have no cheese left -

Joshua is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Or, if you are concerned about account security, never include that bar in any of your pictures. You can also try installing VMK Pal.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Banned

No, the place where you type the web address is at the very top, above the File Edit View Favorites and Tools and Help
Old 01-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Web/Graphic Designer

reillysix is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I never did like IE7, that's why I use Firefox.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Walt Disney Fan!
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Disney
Ducky Wucky has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Ducky Wucky has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I get confused with Internet Explorer 7 as well. Switch to FireFox, it's much better, way faster, and much more simpler. And FireFox doesn't have any ad's.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoofy View Post
Very simple solution, download FireFox. FireFox is way faster, as I've found out, and works awesome with VMK.
I prefer Netscape. Just as fast, but with a better interface.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Registered+

AwesomePawsome~AKA~Stevee is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I always though IE was the best, safest, and fastest browser. Then I got the StumbleUpon tool bar, and when it directed me to a page comparing Mozilla Firefox & IE, I realized that I could be browsing faster & without my personal info going everywhere if I just switch to Firefox. So I did. No longer do I have the same problem you're dealing with, I had the same one.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePawsome~AKA~Stevee View Post
I always though IE was the best, safest, and fastest browser. Then I got the StumbleUpon tool bar, and when it directed me to a page comparing Mozilla Firefox & IE, I realized that I could be browsing faster & without my personal info going everywhere if I just switch to Firefox. So I did. No longer do I have the same problem you're dealing with, I had the same one.
You hurt yer what?

I prefer NetScape because you can do either; FireFox or IE. And the Pass Cards are another favorite of mine.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:13 AM
sayonara love.

My Mood: Angelic
Dudetteroxs is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Meh. I'm switching to Firefox. I don't like IE7. >.<

IE7 had the same problem for me, Xiaolin; I switched to Firefox.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Stupid question...

Do you have to uninstall IE7 before downloading Firefox and using it or can both be on the computer at the same time?

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:32 AM
woot woot :)

papersouls is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezibabe View Post
Stupid question...

Do you have to uninstall IE7 before downloading Firefox and using it or can both be on the computer at the same time?

Thanks.
You can have them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolin View Post
My computer MADE me update my old Internet Explorer to Internet Explorer 7. I think the address bar should not be there. How do I put it down!?

On the new tool bar you'll see a 'Tools' icon. Click that, go down to toolbars, and there you can select/de-select/customize what you want to see on the top on your window.