Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old So why not pay?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the memories!

BaldEagleBob is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
To answer the above - The only Important thing I'd want carried over is the titles.
VMK has become more of a social thing with side games and that is what I valued most.. the contacts made.
So true. We sort of know each others personalities by each other's "titles".
Would we be able to know each other if our titles changed? Hmm, some of us, I think I could identify.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:11 AM
LostNDizzy

Marian1601 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I would love to start over as a beta. Lets even the score and start fresh! That would be great!
Old 04-08-2008, 04:14 AM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Disney
StitchRokcs is as Frosty as a Snowman
a phoenix rises from the ashes lets hope vmk will do the same
Old 04-08-2008, 04:23 AM
Tour for short
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

mktourist is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
To answer the above - The only Important thing I'd want carried over is the titles.
VMK has become more of a social thing with side games and that is what I valued most.. the contacts made.
Agreed, I've made some great friends here and would like to retain them if they were to consider a pay to play option. If the friends list is lost the only way to rebuild it would be the ability to identify them via their titles.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:29 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktourist View Post
Agreed, I've made some great friends here and would like to retain them if they were to consider a pay to play option. If the friends list is lost the only way to rebuild it would be the ability to identify them via their titles.
My favorite line on VMK was when a person would walk up and say,"Your rich", and I'd always reply,
"Yes in friends, the rest is all pretend".
Don't take this away VMK.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:39 AM
Secrets of the VMK member

shaydie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I would pay! I pay for Toontown and Neopets and I don't even like them as much!!
Old 04-08-2008, 05:23 AM
Grunge Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Curmudgeon
Flea is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Why would they put so much effort into a promotion that they expected to end soon? I suppose I would pay to play, even if I must start all over again.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:47 AM
i'm not that girl..

ElphabaTheWitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i love this game, but it would all depend on the price. they always have a way of overpricing things, and i have a really tight budget. $12/yr. would be acceptable, but i dont think i'd pay much more.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:51 AM
VMKF!!

NRock is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I would totally pay! A reasonable price would be $5.95 per month.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:58 AM
VMK name- RealWildCompany
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

wdmountie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i think the most i would pay is about $10 a year. i do not fully believe in paying for an internet game.

but i was also wondering since disney has taken this wonderful game to play from us and all their other games are not nearly as advanced, has anyone found any other game that is comparable to vmk? i am looking for an interactive game that we can still chat with friends and play games.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:52 AM
VMK: LittleToni
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Userpage Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

LittleToni is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmountie View Post
i think the most i would pay is about $10 a year. i do not fully believe in paying for an internet game.

but i was also wondering since disney has taken this wonderful game to play from us and all their other games are not nearly as advanced, has anyone found any other game that is comparable to vmk? i am looking for an interactive game that we can still chat with friends and play games.
I am looking as well. If you, or anyone, find a game that is kind of like this, not blood and gore, monsters and such, then please post it. Anywhere!

I hope we can find one. I feel like I am getting ready to move to a new city and leaving all my friends behind. Let's find a new game!

LT
Old 04-08-2008, 07:55 AM
MarcMarc on VMK

FantasyKeith is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktourist View Post
I would definitely consider a pay to play option provided they invested in a new server to support the game. Some have said that it would be impossible to migrate the game to a new server without losing the existing database anyway. If that's the case now would be the time to do it. Besides I've come to the conclusion that I'm not getting caught up collecting merchandise in future games. Greed takes too much fun out of the game so I'll just be content to enjoy myself playing pirates and talking to friends.
I have to say, that migrating to a new server is very possible, I mean companies do it all the time to upgrade to better newer servers, it's called BACKUP and RESTORE to a new server. Same when you loose your computer, you go from a backup and you can restore it.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Registered+

My Mood: Question
Whipstersh is floating through Inner Space
This would seem like a smart idea, wouldn't it? Clearly, what Disney is looking for is money.

They would only gain money by switching to a pay-to-play system, instead of forcing everyone to go out and find other things to occupy their time.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Cheese Owns
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

toontoony is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Vmk is the only game i would never pay for.
Its not worth the money, any way disney told us VMK was to attract people into walt disney world, If you had to pay well, Disney would get less people comeing maby. If you are going to own all the online games like me, it will be VERY expensive.
I am a big fan of disney, ANd i would love to help them but right now people who own all the games could not get the game.
Well, if it turns out you have to pay,Vmk should be if you have to pay:
50c - monthley
6$ - 6 mothley
12$ - Yearly
Just my opinion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRock View Post
I would totally pay! A reasonable price would be $5.95 per month.
GIANT over pay for what Vmk is.

Tho, If Vmk was 3-d, better frame movements, I would buy it and change my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleToni View Post
I am looking as well. If you, or anyone, find a game that is kind of like this, not blood and gore, monsters and such, then please post it. Anywhere!

I hope we can find one. I feel like I am getting ready to move to a new city and leaving all my friends behind. Let's find a new game!

LT
Toontown, Maby? Little over priced, Great 3-D game and great movements, There no blood or gor, And You Defeat robots with pies 0_0 ( Cogs )
If your looking for no priced games, all i can think of is smalll mini games.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:05 AM
VMK'er Since Nov 05! =D
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Grooveygrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Even if they did add a pay to play option would the UK people be allowed to pay UK money? That's what I'm curious about..