Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Disneyland

Disneyland The first, the best? At least the furthest west!

Old Rapunzel Meet-and-Greet coming to Disneyland

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Not available
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: LiveChat
Jack I is as Frosty as a Snowman
Rapunzel Meet-and-Greet coming to Disneyland

This is up at the official Disney blog. (As always I did a search before I posted, but search never has liked me.)

Official post here: Disney Blog - First Look: Concept Art Shows Rapunzel Meet-and-Greet Location at Disneyland

Quote:

As you may have heard, Rapunzel from Disney’s upcoming animated adventure, “Tangled,” will appear in theaters this Thanksgiving. She’ll also be greeting guests in Disneyland park for the first time, beginning October 15. And Tom Smith recently announced on the Blog that Rapunzel will also greet guests at Magic Kingdom Park in Orlando.

We’re sharing a first glimpse of concept art created for Rapunzel’s new meet-and-greet location in Fantasyland. As you can see in the image above, Rapunzel’s 70-feet of golden locks will drape luxuriously around the room. Flynn Rider, Rapunzel’s love interest, will also be on hand to meet and greet guests throughout the day.

Rapunzel will be greeting guests in the location that currently houses Gepetto’s Sweet Shoppe.

Are you looking forward to the new movie and the opportunity to meet Disney’s newest heroine at Disneyland park?
Now of course, I'm a WDW person myself, but I saw this and felt it only right to share any news I found.

EDIT: Atleast, I think this is for Disneyland. It mentions Magic Kingdom in Orlando once, but everywhere else on the blog and the official link leading to it states Disneyland... Disney has yet again boggled my mind.

Double Edit: Both. It's apparently so early for me that unless I read the whole article I don't understand it's coming to both parks.

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and no-one is wrong."
[Contact me across Nick's Fansites]
Old 08-14-2010, 08:00 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Sounds cool! Can't wait for the movie to come out.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
That is great. I am looking forward to the film, but I am disappointed that it is not hand drawn. Thank you for letting us know.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:41 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Thanks for the news! I'm looking forward to the movie!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:32 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
I'm not quite as excited as most of you for the movie. I found the trailer to be.... odd. Maybe I was just in a bad mood that day, lol. I should watch the trailer again and see if I like it.

The meet-and-greet looks fun though! I would definitely go to it. I love autographs, tee hee.

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008
Old 08-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The animation just doesn't look..uh..Disney-ish. It doesn't even look anything like pixar animation. I don't like it to be honest.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:00 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I also am disappointed in the animation type. It looks really weird and not Disney. Still gonna see it, though.