Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Disneyland

Disneyland The first, the best? At least the furthest west!

Old Disneyland Music?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:27 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 1

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
Search on iTunes: WDW Audio Adventures
Old 01-31-2009, 09:47 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There is a lot of stuff that can't be purchased on iTunes or Amazon. To get this music, fans either:

A.) Record the music themselves, either by using the Assisted Listening Device or using an induction pickup to record noise-free off of speakers.

B.) Record straight off of the speakers in the park, then try to identify the tracks of the background music using CDs, vinyls, and LPs.

C.) Know a source that works in DACS or DECS that makes source copies of the audio. This is relatively rare, but not unheard of. In the (g)olden days, DACS and DECS (the show control systems for the rides and parades) used cassette reels that were pretty easy to make copies of. Today, the files are all encrypted and very, very difficult to get.

Based off of what my iTunes library says, I have a little over 1,000 files of Disneyland Resort Audio, more than 750 Magic Kingdom files, around 1,000 EPCOT files, around 150 Disney's Hollywood Studios files, and almost 150 Animal Kingdom files. These figures are rough considering that there are some duplicates in my library that I haven't sorted through yet.

If you need something specific, let me know. I'm willing to upload some of my files that are not commercially available.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 02-01-2009, 04:25 PM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzietropics View Post
There is a lot of stuff that can't be purchased on iTunes or Amazon. To get this music, fans either:

A.) Record the music themselves, either by using the Assisted Listening Device or using an induction pickup to record noise-free off of speakers.

B.) Record straight off of the speakers in the park, then try to identify the tracks of the background music using CDs, vinyls, and LPs.

C.) Know a source that works in DACS or DECS that makes source copies of the audio. This is relatively rare, but not unheard of. In the (g)olden days, DACS and DECS (the show control systems for the rides and parades) used cassette reels that were pretty easy to make copies of. Today, the files are all encrypted and very, very difficult to get.

Based off of what my iTunes library says, I have a little over 1,000 files of Disneyland Resort Audio, more than 750 Magic Kingdom files, around 1,000 EPCOT files, around 150 Disney's Hollywood Studios files, and almost 150 Animal Kingdom files. These figures are rough considering that there are some duplicates in my library that I haven't sorted through yet.

If you need something specific, let me know. I'm willing to upload some of my files that are not commercially available.
Not to be rude, but seeing how the audio is all held within one central sound station at each park it is even easier to get today. The systems they use to house the audio and video feeds all have usb access meaning so long you have a 10 gig portable hard drive and have access you can get disney music. If not, recording in park is rather easy and Ive done it with no problem. Also, in a technical way it isnt very best to state your amount of each area seeing how most music from parks is illegal because of copyright. On my portable hard drive and one iPod I have well over 8,000 pieces of park audio however I only ever have 2,000 or so on my computer at a time. Many sites that give out disney tracks have been closed down because their owners have been traced from many other sites with the music. From there, the ip adress can be matched to the music site and bam, your looking at hundreds or thousands of counts of piracy.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 AM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
Not to be rude, but seeing how the audio is all held within one central sound station at each park it is even easier to get today. The systems they use to house the audio and video feeds all have usb access meaning so long you have a 10 gig portable hard drive and have access you can get disney music. If not, recording in park is rather easy and Ive done it with no problem. Also, in a technical way it isnt very best to state your amount of each area seeing how most music from parks is illegal because of copyright. On my portable hard drive and one iPod I have well over 8,000 pieces of park audio however I only ever have 2,000 or so on my computer at a time. Many sites that give out disney tracks have been closed down because their owners have been traced from many other sites with the music. From there, the ip adress can be matched to the music site and bam, your looking at hundreds or thousands of counts of piracy.
Not necessarily. Those Control Centers are highly encrypted and secured, which is why hardly anything gets out. Getting into those places is half of the problem. I was reading a post regarding this, "...the AB units use flash cards, and there is quite sophisticated encryption built into the LCS Matrix systems. Would need to clone the MAC address of one of the receiver stations, and crack the encryption just as a start."

Regarding recording, some people go all out and buy Edirol R-09s and audio editing programs to get their recordings pristine. The problem? For starters, sitting on a bench (or a bush) for two hours recording background music isn't everyone's cup of tea. Second, the tracks are in mono or joint stereo, unless you record it live.

There has been [a site] that's been on the web since 2005, and much longer before that in an original incarnation. There are over 9,000 users and growing strong. Disney allows this highly publicizied site to exist. Disney knows this site exists. It has made no effort to shut it down. Most lawsuits occur because webmasters refuse to shut down their site after a court order. This particular site also does not offer commercially available media to download. In other words - if you can buy it, you won't find it.

The owner of the particular website explains it best:
Quote:
The "no commercially available media" is simply a restriction I impose under my own moral obligation. Stealing stuff you can buy goes way past "fanhood"m but do not confuse this as the difference between legal and illegal.

Note that copyright law is enforced in civil court, not criminal court. That is to say that it is up to Disney to go after people. They have no precedence of going after people for this stuff, despite much larger and more questionable operations existing. I compare to sharing of feature films, entire sitcom series, etc.

But also know that a lot of the stuff, like the fan-made tribute videos (my favorite stuff!) is generally not copyrighted, unless the authors make exessive use of copyrighted music or video clips. Note that under "fair use" 10% of any such content can be sampled. Shows such as the Daily Show exist because of this right. Also, handycam videos of the rides aren't legally protected under copyright law, but if you turned around and tried to sell the video then Disney would have a case against you. Technically the person who filmed it owns rights to the video, but if he or she tried to make a profit from it then things change - hence I say "no one".

So, to sum it up - even tracks that aren't commercially available are protected under copyright law. However, don't expect Disney to go after you for downloading them as long as you don't amass a collection worthy of being famous for.
I hope this clears some of this up.
~~ot
Old 02-02-2009, 03:15 AM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzietropics View Post
Not necessarily. Those Control Centers are highly encrypted and secured, which is why hardly anything gets out. Getting into those places is half of the problem. I was reading a post regarding this, "...the AB units use flash cards, and there is quite sophisticated encryption built into the LCS Matrix systems. Would need to clone the MAC address of one of the receiver stations, and crack the encryption just as a start."

Regarding recording, some people go all out and buy Edirol R-09s and audio editing programs to get their recordings pristine. The problem? For starters, sitting on a bench (or a bush) for two hours recording background music isn't everyone's cup of tea. Second, the tracks are in mono or joint stereo, unless you record it live.

There has been [a site] that's been on the web since 2005, and much longer before that in an original incarnation. There are over 9,000 users and growing strong. Disney allows this highly publicizied site to exist. Disney knows this site exists. It has made no effort to shut it down. Most lawsuits occur because webmasters refuse to shut down their site after a court order. This particular site also does not offer commercially available media to download. In other words - if you can buy it, you won't find it.

The owner of the particular website explains it best:

I hope this clears some of this up.

Well certain areas of the encryption are penetrable by source codes from matrixes giving the possibility (low low low possibility lol) to break through to the music. BuI meant to write I was kidding about the usb lol. I know the exact site you are talking about and I believe I have seen you on it recently too. The site, if I am correct, is a torrent site raising a collection from numerous users and not a central hub. With the information constantly be transferred between servers any attempt to shut it down is futile because it does not stop one central location of the files. I myself go on often and share music there and it is an excellent site.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:28 AM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRocket View Post
Search on iTunes: WDW Audio Adventures
that is cool SkyRocket. thanks
Old 02-02-2009, 03:56 AM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
Well certain areas of the encryption are penetrable by source codes from matrixes giving the possibility (low low low possibility lol) to break through to the music. BuI meant to write I was kidding about the usb lol. I know the exact site you are talking about and I believe I have seen you on it recently too. The site, if I am correct, is a torrent site raising a collection from numerous users and not a central hub. With the information constantly be transferred between servers any attempt to shut it down is futile because it does not stop one central location of the files. I myself go on often and share music there and it is an excellent site.
QFT.

The DLF/WDWF Collections are really fantastic.
~~ot
Old 02-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i have found videos on searching sites that have this music on Roller coaster tycoon 3 simulation videos. I have looked at a bunch of comments on these videos and people ask where they can get it but they havnt answered on them