Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Disneyland

Disneyland The first, the best? At least the furthest west!

Old DLR and California Adventure TIPS

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:05 AM
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #VMKTrivia !
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ape
TikiPin_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
DLR and California Adventure TIPS

Its the same as the WDW but DLr and California adventures so some parts are different!

*=get fastpass for in morning
!= Update/Updated

1.IF you plan on going on Space Mountain in disneyland go 8-9 otherwise it will get crowded and fastpass lines will be long. Such as when we got a fastpass at 10 for space mt and the fastpass was at 3-4 we left at 2 and came back at 5 and the next fastpass was at 11-12. Plus so many people get fastpasses just wait in line!

2. Ride the following rides early in the morning:Space Mountain, Big thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Finding Nemo, Autopia, Pirates of the Carribbean, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones.

Indiana Jones- Morning time is usually from a 25-40 minute wait
Space Mountain- morning is sometimes dead but can be 15-30 min wait.
Finding Nemo- Get there fast!!!! 11:00 am its about 2 hour wait
Autopia- Go on this at night especially. Once we went on it took a half an hour. not too bad
Matterhorn- Gets really bad in the afternoon go morning or during fireworks
*Big thunder Mountain- get fastpass at 8-9 and ur ride should be ranging from 10-11 11-12. if not GL waiting in line lol.
Pirates- Go in Morning or at night! i suggest going at night especially durning fireworks only took us 5 minutes to get on during fireworks.
Haunted Mansion- N/A we were lucky and came before a big crowd in the afternoon so IDK yet

Some plans for long waiting rides-
1. if have a large family split up and have them go to big rides! such as finding nemo. Someone waits in line, some gets fast pass for indy, another for space mt, another haunted etc.

CALIFORNIA ADVENTRUES

Rides to get on fast and quick!-

Hollywood tower of terror- Never been on but last time i went the line wasnt very long ( tell me what u think )
Toy Story Mania- Its a 4 hour wait around 11 o'clock get there early and have some run to the ride.......... literally RUN
California Scream'in- LONG LONG LONG wait suggest being 1 of the first rides of the day
Grizzly rive run- Sometimes long wait sumtiems not depend on time of day

Food in both Parks some prices:

DLR=

Churros=$3.00 ech.
Popcorn= $2.50
Hungry Bear Resturant= Drinks ( not included in any meal ) $2.50-$2.75
Meals= $4.00-$9.00

Tips on saving money!!! Ok so after u looked at some of the food prices they charge it can get pretty expensive.... eh? Well i suggest bring a water cooler or somethign to carry food to the hotel and go home at noon after all it gets VERY humid during the summer.

Tips about getting around traffic!!!Ok well if ur by rides next to stores without doors CUT THROUGH THEM!!!!! Such as when by indiana jones gets crowded there is a store by the entrance..... i cut through there all the time.

Fantasmic- Dont exit adventure through the exit by the Tiki Tiki room, people flood that entrance before Fantasmic. I suggest taking the New Orleans Square Train or going around Fronteirland.

Occupancy:
PMfan-If you want to go to finding nemo submarine voyage or some other place with usually long lines, it would be a good idea to take an iPod, Game Boy Advance, etc to occupy yourself.

Good Idea Pmfan! Also i would like to add to that if u dont have any of those....... why dont you plan your next ride? Get a game plan together! Or just talk about the fun you've had so far................... or not so fun lol

Plan on Site Seeing in Disneyland? Go see the firehouse, right above is a window where Walt watched Disneyland be built.
another is Walt holding hands with mickey. Always tells me to " NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS "

Shops DLR/DTD:
Emporium
Magic Shop
Candy Shop
Movie Cinema
Sovuniers
Clothing Etc.

DO NOT WEAR WHITE PANTS IF PLANNING ON GOING ON GRIZZLY RIVE RUN!!!!!!!!! That happened to my cousin...... Lets not talk about it lol

Space Mountain UPDATE I experimented on this ride on 6/19/08 and in 4 hours i got to ride it 3 times!!!! Thats alot comparing to the waiting time!!!! Well what you do to get on really big rides and go on them fast is get there early in the morning....... Go straight to the ride u want to go on first........... Ride it......... Get a fast pass.......Go on another ride.........Go back to the ride with the fastpass after finished.........Go on ride.........Get another fast pass......... go on another ride.......... go back to ride after finished.......... Ride it for the 3rd time

!Finding Nemo! Ok i lucked out but here is a game plan for the long waiting line- If your mom has a little child ask them to wait in line for nemo......If you have a cell phone or a family member does ask that friend/family member to have him/her to tell my mom/dad to call him/her when they're half way. While your waiting for him/her to get half way...... GO RIDE BUZZ!! This line can be short and fast. I rode it twice on 6/19/08 Without a fastpass the wait was 10 minutes. And you were halfway by 4 minutes

Toy Story Mania is Located right below California Screamin on Paradise peir next to the carnival Games and right across from the Sun Wheel and Malliboomer.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Manunderwater's Tip Corner!!

Tiki Room turned 45 yesterday

The French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square is closed to make room for the new menu. The new menu will no longer feature Fried Chicken or Sandwiches, but instead feature a "Healthier" menu featuring American and Cajun-Creole items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Lutz
First up this September, the Disneyland Entertainment department will send Fantasmic! down for yet another refurbishment for more technology upgrades. After getting a very thorough upgrade to all of the lighting and audio this past winter, this September and October will be spent replacing the original 1992 film projectors with high definition digital projectors. This multi million dollar change is planned to dramatically improve the clarity and color of the images projected on to the mist screens, with all of the original 1992 film media converted to a much clearer and remastered digital format. This same digital technology will be used in the DCA World of Color show as well, on an even bigger scale.

Fantasmic! will return in mid November for the busy holiday weeks, and then the show will go down yet again in January for several more months. The second phase of the Fantasmic! rehab this winter will replace the old dragon and the lift effects. The huge open pit underneath the stage on the end of Tom Sawyer Island will be deepened and expanded, and a larger and more realistic remote controlled dragon will take up residence there. By next spring Fantasmic! will be practically all new from start to finish when it comes to the technology behind the show.

So about a year without Fantasmic? Or not enough clarity to say that it will be opened again that Spring or Summer.

More Information soon to come!
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

The lines to get on Haunted Mansion and Pirates are nearly non-existant during Fantasmic! The only thing is you need to make your way through the crowds to get there in the first place. We always walk right on. Buzz line is practically gone during the fireworks. If you've got little ones in diapers the changing tables back by Autopia and the train in Tomorrowland have the largest and easiest to get to changing tables and the bathrooms are almost always devoid of lines, and when there are lines they're really short. On the flip side, the changing tables in Toontown are by far the smallest in the parks and really hard to change anything but a newborn, walk over to the one in Fantasyland instead if you can. Another neat but totally weird thing while on the topic of bathrooms, the ones that are in the castle proper, near the Gepetto restaurant (blanking on it's name) is really cool to be inside when the fireworks are going on because you can hear everything going on in the castle. I have no idea why I like it but it's cool

An important thing to know about fast passes...
they have an hour block listed on them. So long as you are after the beginning time they are good the rest of the day. So if you have a fast pass that says 12:00-1:00 PM you can still use it at 2:00 PM or 10:00 PM. The only time you can't use them is before the first time listed.

So far all i know! Please Post some other tips if been to Disneyland!

Planning on going to Walt Disney World instead of Disneyland? Click here for some tips!

Last edited by TikiPin_Dude; 06-25-2008 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: minor adjustments
Old 06-19-2008, 12:25 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
So, this is basically the DLR version of my thread 'WDW Tips-Serious Activity'?

We should link up. I'm gonna put a link to your thread in my thread: Maybe you could put a link of my thread in your thread

~Polar
Old 06-19-2008, 12:28 AM
I will never grow-up
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: VMK
autoalice is floating through Inner Space
When did they add fastpass for the Nemo ride? We went a couple weeks ago and they didn't have one then.
We were there on Mother's Day and decided to do it during the fireworks, the line was only like 10 minutes if that. We were shocked!
Old 06-19-2008, 02:16 AM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
Finding Nemo does not have fastpasses.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:18 AM
I will never grow-up
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
Finding Nemo does not have fastpasses.
I didn't think so. I feel better having confirmation
Old 06-19-2008, 03:43 AM
AllEarsOnDisney

manunderwater ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Try Toy Story Midway Mania. Only downside is that it is lines like what Nemo had when it first opened. June 17, 2008: Line was about 3-5 hours reached all the way to Ariel's Grotto with zig zags. Broke down on the first day. But well worth the wait!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:46 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park
My Mood: Artistic
PMFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
While At Disneyland, Make Sure your shirt is WATERPROOF of you are thinking of playing with the giant marble at Tomorrowland. It is full of water :-P
Old 06-19-2008, 04:25 AM
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoalice View Post
I didn't think so. I feel better having confirmation
ok wasnt sure because i didnt see any so thanks!!

Also For the " WATERPROOF SHIRTS " Yeah u might want to brign extra clothes because in pirates i was in the front and i got soaked!!!!!!!! You may need them for Splash mountain too

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 06-19-2008 at 06:59 AM..
Old 06-19-2008, 04:34 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park
My Mood: Artistic
PMFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
If you want to go to finding nemo submarine voyage or some other place with usually long lines, it would be a good idea to take an iPod, Game Boy Advance, etc to be distracted.

And if The Fireworks is comming up, it's a good idea to go to The It's A Small World Shop, there is no unusual crowding
Old 06-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMFan View Post
If you want to go to finding nemo submarine voyage or some other place with usually long lines, it would be a good idea to take an iPod, Game Boy Advance, etc to be distracted.

And if The Fireworks is comming up, it's a good idea to go to The It's A Small World Shop, there is no unusual crowding
That reminds me...... IF any of you plan on going to Disneyland soon....... Its a Small World is being remolded idk when it well re-open
Old 06-19-2008, 05:16 AM
Peace Love The Beatles

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sleepyy
Starz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
really?!?! Its a small world is being remodeled?? interesting, wonder what its gonna look like....???

Thanks to taylorswiftfan13 for avatar!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:04 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Ok here is huge help. If you stay at the Grand, and its fast, get fastpasses for Grizzly Peak, wear your bathing suits under your clothes, ride Grizzly, then go back to the hotel change go to the park or whatever you want.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Awards Showcase

Also being remolded is a Plaza Something i dont remember so yea use to be a restraunt....... Updates have been added to the first post!!!!!!

Updated- Space Mountain
Finding Nemo
Old 06-19-2008, 09:42 PM
I will never grow-up
Awards Showcase

It's a Small World is closed until "Fall 2008", I've seen Nov. They are doing a major repair to the whole thing, replacing the water flume the boats ride in (those are original from the 60s and they've just patched them as need be all this time). Rumors have them adding modern characters from their various franchises like they have in the Hong Kong version, I so hope they don't!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Awards Showcase

Get Lost in Disneyland? Go to the help center or ask a crew member for help

Still looking for some more tips and Tricks!! thanks

~tiki