Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Disneyland

Disneyland The first, the best? At least the furthest west!

Old Best Restaurants in DLR?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:17 PM
So's your face :p
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Insomnious
iLoveTheRain has disabled reputation
Well, I tend to stick to the "Rancho Del Zocalo", but for a while there, they replaced their seasoned chicken with some steamed flavorless garbage, and I wouldn't even go there either. But it's really the only restaurant in-park that I'll eat at. (Since the Village Haus changed their delicious sandwiches, anyway.)
Second choice would be simply a corn dog from the "Little Red Wagon".
Old 04-08-2008, 08:04 PM
aliceblue on VMK
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Curious
alice is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillabug View Post
Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square is a great option if you want Blue Bayou type food, without the Blue Bayou price ( I've only had lunch at Cafe Orleans, not sure about the prices at dinner ).

You can get the famous Monte Cristos there.
One nice thing about Cafe Orleans is that you can get the Monte Cristo sandwich there in its original form, with fruit on the side. Blue Bayou only serves it as part of a complete dinner with all of the sides now, which in addition to being very expensive is way too much food for one person. (There is a charge to split a plate, too.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnfly-princess View Post
The Blue Bayou is the nicest restaurant. The atmosphere of the restaurant makes it worth it! When you make the reservation,
and I recommend that you do as soon as possible, request a table by the water.
They take Priority Seating up to 6 months in advance!
The atmosphere at Blue Bayou is really worth it. You might want to consider ordering a (still not cheap) dessert there, and buy your lunch or dinner elsewhere. (Hint; most desserts there are so huge they can be easily shared!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitri View Post
I highly recommend Carnation Cafe on Main Street.
Yes, Carnation Cafe is a pretty little spot tucked away on Main Street. I love their Loaded Baked Potato Soup and their Three Cheese Medley Sandwich! The menu is pretty limited though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanannaSplitzer View Post
I ALWAYS Go To the River Belle Terrace
It has been remodeled and has an all-new menu. I recommend the lentil side salad from the refrigerator case, but have not tried much else yet.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Playing @ Mouse House!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Relaxed
VisitingTheMouse is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Some of my favorites are:
In DL
Plaza Inn (for the friends who like fried chicken)
Carnation Cafe
Blue Bayou (the closest place to Club 33!! ROFL one of these days I get to dine in Club 33 with my friends, just waiting....)
Cafe Orleans (Yes on the Gumbo, Pomme Frites!)
Blue Ribbon Bakery (for snacks/coffee)

In DCA
Taste Pilot Grill
"Whine" Country Trattoria
The Vineyard Room

In Downtown Disney
Catal Restaurant
Jazz Kitchen
House of Blues
ESPN Zone (love those many TVs!!)

In DL HOTEL
Goofy Kitchen for characters!
Steakhouse 55

In Grand CA hotel
Storyteller Cafe for characters!
Napa Rose (my most favorite for fine dining!! i go every year!! woohoo!!)

Bon Appetit!!

Oh, you can reserve dining 30 days in advance at DLR (714)781-DINE (3463).
What's next? Paris or Hong Kong or Japan?

Also Completed-Disney Cruise on Mexican Riviera
Next to do is Disney Cruise on Caribbean...
when & wherever the new ships set sail!!
WOOHOO!!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Registered+

CaptDeb is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was there two weeks ago and ate at Rancho Del Zocalo, which has been consistantly good over the years, both in price and food for your money.
Blue Bayou just raised their prices again, so beware.
On Main Street - if you want a sandwich, pastry or coffee, try the Blue Ribbon Cafe - good stuff.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 AM
cuteskaterflip
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

sdkfrachel is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Blue Bayou thumbs up!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:50 AM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I call for Tortillia Jo's! That is like the BEST ever!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:57 AM
My TSMM Score: 280,600

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'll type about my experiences about the ones I been to plenty of times and recently. Overall for In-park dining at the Disneyland Resort, I find the menu offerings quite generic with a few locations offering some unique choices.

Cafe Orleans (New Orleans Square):
Though the menu is somewhat limited I think for a table service restaurant, but one the few places where the menu offerings were unique. The Monte Cristo sandwiches were a plus as well as the "parmesan garlic fries" (don't recall the actual name of the appetizer). The Chicken Ceasar salad was a disappointment though.

Rancho del Zocalo (Frontierland):
If you like a spice and flavor, this one I would recommend (I like my food spicy, so this place is my favorite). The sauces they use for their large burritos and tacos are very tasty. A chicken Tostada salad I found good. Theming is excellent and menu selection of mexican entrees reflect that. The only bad thing that I found from others in my family is that the spanish rice, though flavorful, can be dry to some. If you're extremely sensitive to spicy foods, I would not recommend this place for you.

Taste Pilots Grill (Condor Flats, Golden State):
As far as all the counter service fast food places in the parks, this I always find the best (but they do cost a bit more than the other places: Tomorrowland Terrace, Village Haus, Hungry Bear). Unlike the other places, you won't find a disappointment of the bun being bigger than the meat between. Criss-cut fries are served and the condiment bar where you can add your own stuff (red onions, tomatoes, lettuce, BBQ sauce, etc) I find a great plus.

Redd Rocket's Pizza Port (Tomorrowland)
This I find the best place in park for salads and pasta (I don't really care for pizza). The pasta offerings I find are good with my favorite being the Tomato Basil Sauce with Penne. The Chicken Fusili is what a creamy white sauce should taste like (unlike Chicken Pesto at Plaza Inn: See below). The bad things: the lines seem long and slow (to get the pasta and at the cashier) and the seating areas both inside and out can be very crowded and noisy.

Plaza Inn (Main Street, Central Hub)
The main advantage of this place: convenience and fast service (This is the place I've been to the most). This cafeteria style restaurant has plenty of seating, (on most days) you can get get your food pretty fast, and plenty enough cashiers to quickly pay for your meal(s). The food is typical fare from the salads to entrees to the desserts (Pot Roast, Fried Chicken, Pasta). The fried chicken with real mashed potatoes and vegetables is good but I wouldn't consider it more special or way better than any equivalent you can get in any other restaurant outside the resort. The sauce with the "Penne with Chicken Pesto" I found to have a funky/salty taste than a rich creamy sauce (possibly because the sauce has too much parmesan cheese in it). This place I would recommend if you need a quickly get food (for dinner) but want "sit-in" type meal with good portions, but don't expect anything exciting.

Stage Door Cafe/Golden Horseshoe
I've been here frequently whenever I crave Chicken Strips. However, lines/wait times can get very long depending when you come. Lunch and Dinner rushes can be fairly slow. Expect wait times to be the worst before Fantasmic showings (especially before the 10:30pm showing when it seems they have a reduced staff, though, of course, its 10:00pm and its way late for dinner). Expect as much as 20 min to get your food if you come in the late hours.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Taste Pilots Grill: YES! I went to this resturaunt and now i have the craving for their criss cut fries! <3! Fries are sooooooooo good there!

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 05-08-2008 at 06:58 AM..
Old 06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Taste Pilot Grill
Blue Bayou
Old 01-05-2009, 04:01 AM
Keep Moving Foward~WaltD.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Dancing
Purplemysterystar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hmm.... This is hard!! The best decorations to me is: Blue Bayou but my very very favorite is not a restraunt much its the Award Hotdogs in the Hollywood backlot in Califorina Adventures!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm not obsessed...really

Ursweetbabygurl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
DISNEYLAND:

Breakfast:
Carnation Cafe' on Main Street USA

Lunch:
Giant Turkey Leg/ Bengal Barbecue

Dinner:
Blue Bayou

Side note:
Also, the New Orleans Cafe' across from the Blue Bayou is also very very good.
The Plaza is excellent as well and you get major face time with the characters.
Hook's Pointe is AMAZING.

CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE:

Breakfast:
The Bakersfield Bakery

Lunch:
Burger Invasion

Dinner:
Ariel's Grotto

Also you must, must, MUST go to Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:46 PM
aliceblue on VMK
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Curious
alice is as Frosty as a Snowman
French Market in New Orleans Square has some nice offerings since they opened back up again recently. The salmon dinner is absolutely to die for; better quality than I've often gotten outside of the park, at a very reasonable price.

Outdoor seating is nice, but be aware that the jazz band performs there intermittently. So if you don't want your ears blasted, sit as far away from the bandstand as possible.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:10 AM
RPG

My Mood: Goofyy
Goofy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I like the New Orleans Cafe. It has really good Gumbo & Monte Cristo's.