Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Disneyland

Disneyland The first, the best? At least the furthest west!

Old World of Color

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:24 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
World of Color

Can my fellow Ohana (VMKF members) tell me if they have seen this brand new wonderful show and how good is it, and describe it please?

Thanks!

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 08-14-2010, 02:40 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Wish they had this at Disneyland...I'd love to see it.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:27 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Wish they had this at Disneyland...I'd love to see it.
u mean Disney World I think polar girl :P lol

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 08-16-2010, 04:59 AM
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
u mean Disney World I think polar girl :P lol

-Stitchco
*facepalm* I am soooo dumb like that. Yes, I mean Disney World.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:33 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I've seen it! It's pretty cool, but they don't have seats and you can't see all that well with people of all different heights around you, but the water shoots up extremely high so you don't miss that much, mainly just the pipes the water shoots out of. They stall you for about an HOUR before the show though!!! It's lame..but I like it when the show actually starts and I'm sure they'll be getting seats soon!
Old 10-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
Ive seen it. Its amazing and I would go see it three times in a row. Every sunday. You know, if I was made of money.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky33325 View Post
Ive seen it. Its amazing and I would go see it three times in a row. Every sunday. You know, if I was made of money.
Wow, that's cool. Is it true that pretty much any spot is a good spot?
Old 02-04-2011, 05:23 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Wow, that's cool. Is it true that pretty much any spot is a good spot?
I don't know, but, I don't think sitting in a Fantasmic! ampitheatre will be a good viewing location lol.

I am curious as to whether there are chairs there if you get a picnic dinner though. Any answers please?

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 02-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Its really nice, but I can't say since I only watched on the computer. But I say its really good and I wish they had it in WDW.

Watch it here

Old 02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Bahahaha
king lurker is as Frosty as a Snowman
As you enter the park you can get a fastpass for world or color at the grizly river run fastpass location. The first show is at 8pm with at fastpass from 7 to 8. It is standing room only. If you dont mind getting wet you can stand real close to the water jets.

The fastpass are broken up in to color sections. white, yellow, red. I was in red and it was to the right of the show.

You can also get seats with the world of color dining package. $39.99 for Diner and the show

I hope this helps
Old 02-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
I sadly haven't watched this - on my last trip to DLR I didn't get to go to DCA, which means I missed out on World of Color and that Toy Story 3 ride I haven't ridden. XD

I heard that Alice in Wonderland isn't in it, until the very end. Which is saddening.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Rawr!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Nerdy
PurpleAmy is floating through Inner Space
It's awsome Disney did an amazing job, it seems like it'd take five billion years to put this show together.. well, to me it did.

All the colors are beautiful and amazing together. The animated Disney classics incorporated into it are really awesome. It's a show worth seeing, trust me

To me, its better getting a spot where theres not a lot of people in front of you, or your higher up. I was on the deck right in front of the water (if that makes sense..) near the zone where you could supposively get splashed, and there was a bit of people in front of me, so it was kinda hard to see. Maybe sitting up higher or something would be good, im not completely sure. Also, I heard if you sit behind the show, like by the California Screamin ride&such, you get a back view of everything, so you might not be able to see everything that goes on from the front.

Hope this helps... Im not an expert on this kinda stuff:P

But really, you should go see it! It's amazing!
-PurpleAmy