Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old My Idea.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
My Idea.

Well...I've been thinking long and hard about something that sprouted in my head a while back. I was reading over my friend's blog like I always do and thought...
"Hey. Why doesn't the Save VMK movement make a blog?"
By a blog I mean a blog on the internet, where the Save VMKer's can talk about their ideas and do stuff from there.
You can make a blog in your area, ask the people at school or something to take a look if they want to help.
There could be one big blog, the main one that gives links out based on your area.
The big blog would be run by a group of people who would probably PM each other on what they want on that issue.
Think of it as a newspaper.
This will bring people together from all around the nation; maybe the world.
Sure, it sounds unsafe; but I'm not asking you to hand out all your private info. No.
I'm simply asking you to start a blog in your area, updating people on the Save VMK movement, or encouraging the people in your area. You don't have to tell everyone about your blog, just the people that you know, that are in your area.
Except the big blog, that would need to be spread around.
There would be different articles, all the contact info for Disney, and if we publicize enough; maybe, just maybe a random Disney worker might take a look and inform the higher ups.
It might not work.
But it just might.
Whatever; tell me your opinions or suggestions to make this better.
Thanks for reading.
-V
Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Actually, its one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time.
If only someone said this sooner..

Old 08-08-2009, 12:06 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Thats not really a blog.
Not like Vivi's image.
Plus, they haven't updated since June.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:13 AM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
That is a good idea!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Sounds like an awesome idea!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Thanks for the feedback (:
Like Buzz said, that's not really a blog.
Any opinions or suggestions?
Old 08-08-2009, 05:31 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
I'd imagine the site to be a blog, forum, and Disney contact information. I think it's a good idea, the only issue is how do we get attention? We can't advertise here because that would break the rules.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:34 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: vmkpalish
ToBeContinued is spinning in a Cursed Storm
And also...who's going to make the blog?
We can't have nobody make it and we cna't have lots of people make it!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:40 AM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
I nominate either ThrillJacob, ToBeContinued, SoccerRyan, or LordIllian to create it! They, in my opinion, have made the most contributes to the Save VMK movement.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly cooper View Post
I nominate either ThrillJacob, ToBeContinued, SoccerRyan, or LordIllian to create it! They, in my opinion, have made the most contributes to the Save VMK movement.
I think the site should be started by someone credible, but should be able to be edited by anyone who asks (of course if someone is using their ability to edit the site for the wrong reasons, they would need to be removed.)
Old 08-08-2009, 06:12 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
LordIllian.
It was his idea to bring the two fansites together.
And I like the idea of making a forum for it too.
And regarding advertisement; we could ask if we could tell the sites.
If that don't work, we'll PM everyone on the site about it.
And actually, there are four fansites with VMK origins.
And I know one of 'em wouldn't mind.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly cooper View Post
Hehheh. I do have a personal blog (Which I'll kindly ask everyone to please not search for. XD There's more than a fair share of embarassing moments in there) in which I did, for a time, host updates about the Save VMK movement. However... I'm not exactly good at making my presence on the 'nets all to well known, so it remained in obscurity. XD

I think if such a blog is to happen, it should be run by the community. Everyone's voice is just as loud as anyone else's, right?

Everyone should be able to submit an article, and (to make sure that people don't abuse this,) we would have an editor/team of editors post up the articles that truly have the potential to make a huge impact (And fix up some spelling and grammar mistakes. After all, it's rather hard to seem credible when you don't capitalize the first letter of every sentence. But that doesn't mean you don't have a good head on your shoulders )

I'm not the greatest with web design, and even worse with all of this "submitting queries" and "storing user-generated variables" nonsense I'm sure will rear it's ugly head. And I don't have the money to buy my own domain, which may also come into play >.> Anyone volunteer? XD

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
I think if such a blog is to happen, it should be run by the community. Everyone's voice is just as loud as anyone else's, right?

Everyone should be able to submit an article, and (to make sure that people don't abuse this,) we would have an editor/team of editors post up the articles that truly have the potential to make a huge impact (And fix up some spelling and grammar mistakes. After all, it's rather hard to seem credible when you don't capitalize the first letter of every sentence. But that doesn't mean you don't have a good head on your shoulders )

I'm not the greatest with web design, and even worse with all of this "submitting queries" and "storing user-generated variables" nonsense I'm sure will rear it's ugly head. And I don't have the money to buy my own domain, which may also come into play >.> Anyone volunteer? XD
I'd be willing to help out with making some graphics to be used on the site.

The free web hosting services that I know of usually offer forums and tools to create pages easily. I think they have blogging tools as well. Tomorrow morning I'll take a look at free web hosts.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:28 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
We could get a free site.
I may ask Pinkglitter to make us one.
She has a freewebs.
She can also hook us up with a chat box when the time comes.
And I know some people who can code. (one of which was coding his site just last week)

Old 08-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Well, if we're aiming for a free site, we can always use sites.google.com, as well. I tend to trust Google more than any other internet company out there. If their servers go down, the rest of the internet practically goes with it, so there's no reason to worry about such things. XD

In any case... While I do feel uncomfortable asking someone to pay for something that wasn't their idea... I think having our own domain would be a good credibility boost.

But, I don't think it's a very high priority, and I suppose we're something of a grassroots movement anyway. Might as well embrace it. XD

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.