Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old VMK.com no longer works...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:30 AM
haii.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
DuckSwimmer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Aww, the site with good memory's has gone to the end.

signature&avatar made by me
Old 12-01-2008, 02:22 PM
<--- EPCOT Fireworks
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

climberJW is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoop View Post
Hmm... No rumors, but they did say they'd take down the site at some point.
(Sorry if this was already posted)

But they didn't take down the site. Just like the login page. It's still there, it just redirrects you to the Disney travel website. And now the homepage does the same thing. If it wasn't there, you'd probably get an error message that says something like: ERROR 404 SERVER NOT FOUND.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm broadway crazy!
Awards Showcase
Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Artistic
CaptBrittney is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
All that shows is we need to work harder to give Disney the message, no more sitting around wishing, we have to get out their and make Disney really listen.
If Disney hasn't listen to us. Why would they listen now? I think Disney doesn't really care about us. They just care about making $$$.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Queen of Junk
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Userpage Donation Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

SweepHunter is Buried in TreasureSweepHunter is Buried in TreasureSweepHunter is Buried in Treasure
Lots of light bulbs come on as people realize that vmk is NEVER coming back. It was a sales promotion and that is all it was to them. They now have pirates, toontown, club penguin (marketing heavy that now), cars, and the pay to play pixie hollow. THEY WANT MONEY. VMK would never draw a crowd that would pay to play to the point that Disney would keep it.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepHunter View Post
Lots of light bulbs come on as people realize that vmk is NEVER coming back. It was a sales promotion and that is all it was to them. They now have pirates, toontown, club penguin (marketing heavy that now), cars, and the pay to play pixie hollow. THEY WANT MONEY. VMK would never draw a crowd that would pay to play to the point that Disney would keep it.
You never know, the target audience may get tired of pirates once they finish the pirates of the caribean movies(or once they overuse it way too much), find toontown immature, not find walking around a snow town as a penguin "fun", play a game where you are a talking car, or be a pixe(whatever that is). Disney maybe forced to do something more..realistic such as vmk or something similar.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Excited
jedry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I know VMK is closed and I also know that this plan would probably never work but why not try VMK Pal to see what happens when you try bringing up the log in page?
Old 01-18-2009, 04:54 AM
MISSING VMK..

My Mood: Dopey
Lorreta is spinning in a Cursed Storm

Honestly, I'm losing hope, and from the looks of it, it doesn't seem VMK, will ever open again, but I guess we'll see when time takes us there

VMK WAS NOT JUST A GAME, IT WAS LIFE.. <3
VMK Will be in our hearts.. forever
Old 01-19-2009, 05:57 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
VMK is a gonner. A distant memory fading..... fading..... All we have now is our dear memories, and our loyal friends here at VMKF.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was upset when I found this out, I checked that site every day hoping for the play now button to be there waiting for me. Now we must come up with a really good way to get Disney's attention. My plan is for us all to boycott it and send letter calls and E-mails all on the same day. If they get millions of contact attempts everyday for a week, plus millions of former VMK players boycotting them, wouldn't that get there attention. I am prepared to boycott and e-mail them for as long as it takes. Just send an e-mail, letter, or call a day plus boycott all things Disney that are not VMK and that is all you need to do. The cobined effort of us all should show Disney that we really do care about our kingdom. It is our kingdom, and always has been. It doesn't matter who made it. How many things do you own that you didn't make? Yeah, a lot.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:33 AM
Registered+

sarastrawbella1 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It breaks my heart that the homepage is now gone - really, that was the last part of VMK. I didn't get any pictures, but luckily I have memories... I guess.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:08 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, that just put VMK into Disney's trash bin for good. Then they dump it into the river. The beta page I think still exists!!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: AFK
bravejacob is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulSonicMint View Post
Well, that just put VMK into Disney's trash bin for good. Then they dump it into the river. The beta page I think still exists!!
do you know what the link to the beta Page is?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: SaveVMK
VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Talking Yeah....

Yeah, I typed in VMK.com on my bar and it brought me to the disney home page. I guess it could mean they are re-modeling it or something like for another VMK. But I don't mean to get your hopes up or anything. It's possible they are re-opening it right now. Well by that I mean working on re-opening. But that's just my opinon.... I have heard many rumors of it opening in October so maybe it's true. But I saw this video that somebody made saying VMK is re-opening on October 1st 2009. Someone could have made it up but it's possible. I think it MIGHT be opening in October because alot of rumors have been going around that it is. I'm really really really hoping it does. So we don't have to do all these petitions. Not that I wouldn't do them I just don't want to get sued for anything or anything. But we'll just have to wait and see on October 1st if it re-opens. Just a little thing not to get you excited I'm going to wake up on October 1st and type vmk.com if it works, in a of a eye I will have it typed down on this site! If some of you haven't already figured it out if it re-opens! If I did sorry to get you excited.....

Waiting.......

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy
Old 08-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I saw that yesterday, I'm not exactly sure what it means though.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:15 AM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravejacob View Post
do you know what the link to the beta Page is?
I can't remember. There was a page on a forum that brought the link up, but I can't access the site anymore.