Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (August 17 - 23)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:28 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (August 17 - 23)

This Week in VMK!
August 17 - 23

Welcome to the latest installment of our weekly feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

2005:

August 19th
Released

The Explorer's Jacket Green, Explorer's Jacket with Camera Green, Explorer's Shorts Green, Explorer's Boots, Princess Tiara, Princess Bodice Pink, Princess Hooped Skirt Pink, Princess Slippers Pink, Baseball Cap, Tomorrowland Flying Saucer Retro Pin 1 of 5, and Jungle Cruise Talking Toucan Pin are released.

August 19th-21st

Room Decorating and Pin Trading Event

Announced in the 19 August 2005 Newsletter.

Quote:
Event News

Join us for a special event, designed with you in mind.

What:
Our first ever Pin Trading Round-Up

Everyone loves to trade pins! This weekend we invite you to design a room where Players can visit, and trade pins. The best pin trading rooms have a sense of fun and excitement, but are also well organized. Show us your version of a rootin' tootin' pin trading room and you could win big!

When:
Friday, 2:00pm — 7:00pm Eastern
Saturday, noon to 4:00pm and 6:00pm — 10:00pm Eastern
Sunday, noon to 4:00pm and 6:00pm — 10:00pm Eastern

Rules:
  • Room name must contain the Room owner's name followed by "Pin Trading".
    Example: VMK_Babs Pin Trading
  • Rooms should be designed to make trading easy; no games or teleporters please.
  • All players visiting a Pin Trading room, including the room owner,should be ready and willing to trade the pins they are wearing. If you have pins you will not trade, don't wear them.

Judging:
  • The room must be on the Popular Guest Rooms list to be eligible.
  • The room owner must be present to be considered.
  • Members of the VMK Staff will be visiting eligible Guest Rooms between the hours posted above, but cannot guarantee that all rooms will be visited and/or judged.
  • There will be one winner for every hour of the competition. That means there are 19 chances to win!
  • Winners will be announced in the next Newsletter.
Players decorated their rooms based on a pin-trading theme and judges looked for rooms that best captured this theme. Prizes were awarded to room decorating winners. The Lounging Lion pin along with many other pins were traded to players by staff members wearing Goofy hats who visited the trading rooms.

Winners of the event were announced in the Newsletter 23 August 2005.

Hourly Winners
Each hourly winner will be received the Best Guest Room badge, the Jungle Cruise Explorer's Tent room, and Dancing Inferno magic.
  • antiriku
  • BestOfMe
  • CL_Ms.Behave
  • CL_Nedakh
  • DCAFriend
  • gotsumgame
  • guestriku
  • HauntedGrim
  • KuyaJeff
  • magicseeker
  • nonelectric
  • Pegin
  • PinkGirlygirl
  • pixielittle
  • prepster
  • PurpleMonkey
  • RobertSDCA
  • SimbaCub
  • SpaceboyXalp
  • SparklingStar
  • Sugarbebe
  • TheldolMara
  • thetitan
  • twasbrilig
  • WizardMerlin

Grand Prize Winners
Each grand prize winner will be received the Best Guest Room badge, the Pirate Prison room, and Dancing Inferno magic.
  • Applebee
  • SportsKidShane
  • Upwards

August 22nd

Retired

The Explorer's Jacket Green, Explorer's Jacket with Camera Green, Explorer's Shorts Green, Explorer's Boots, Princess Tiara, Princess Bodice Pink, Princess Hooped Skirt Pink, Princess Slippers Pink, Baseball Cap, Tomorrowland Flying Saucer Retro Pin 1 of 5, and Jungle Cruise Talking Toucan Pin are retired.

2006:

August 18

Released

The Ice Cream Pin is released.

The Disney Dogs and Disney Cats Quests begin
Click the image to view the full version Click the image to view the full version

VMK releases the Disney Dogs Quest and the Disney Cats Quest.

Players who successfully complete these quests would receive the Disney Dogs Quest Pin and the Disney Cats Quest Pin.

Disney Warns Against Scripting Tools

Many items that are available from the Monsters, Inc., Narnia Adventure, Disney Park Pirates, and Dead Man's Chest Games can no longer be traded due to the availability of a VMK Value violating scripting tool.

August 21

Retired

The Ice Cream Pin is retired.

August 22nd

Newsletter
Push's Trash Talk gives players a heads up for another quest headed their way
Item of the Week: The Everest Chair
VMK Staff Profile: VMK_Lion

2007:

August 17th

Released

The Pele Tiki Pin is released.

Re-released

The Baseball Cap Blue, Baseball Shirt Blue, Baseball Pants Blue, Baseball Shoes, Tangaroa-Ru Tiki Idol Yellow, Bamboo Floor Red, and Head Hunter's Island Torch are re-released.

VMK Trading Card Game (Basic) Released

Click the image to view the full version

The VMK Trading Card Game (Basic) is released.

August 20

Retired

The Pele Tiki Pin is retired.

Newsletter
Yavn Speaks about the VMK Card Game and great stuff to come
Trading Card 101
Event Info
Push's Trash Trivia
Top Players

AceTropical_Ma - VMK Fair

glitterkailin - Kelsi the Talking Kiosk Quest

There was no Best Game Room Winner this week...

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past
Old 08-17-2009, 12:13 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
It's weird how this one week in vmk, I didn't play vmk at all.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:54 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
I loved the tiki stuff and the jungle cruise pins! (:
Old 08-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: SaveVMK
VMKObsessed554 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Unhappy VMK come back!

I miss VMK so much that I wanna thank everyone that puts on the memories like pictures of VMK or just anything I would be so happy! I ALREADY AM!! But I love all the pictures it brings back good memories. I miss VMK........

The day the world cried for VMK
I was one of those people.

--BestCookie_Crazy
Old 08-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P

Old 08-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P