Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old Atop o' Mt. Gushmore - Team Discussion

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Atop o' Mt. Gushmore - Team Discussion

Please give a round of applause for our Mountain Meltdown Staff!
  • CL_Florida Oranges - Lifeguard
  • AuroraRosesB
  • Kancy
  • CarrieWannaBe
  • RubyRubia
  • Exoxus
  • PrincessAnnO
  • Tinklover
  • joe1357900
  • ariellover4life
  • thegoof

To the Staff from the Lifeguard:
What a great team we've got for this competition! You guys are so creative! Thank you for your interest in this team. Whether we win or lose, this will still be the best team that was ever organized. Once again, thanks for volunteering your time (and credits). We'll have a great time! ~Oranges

Our Goals:
To win this competition, detail is the key. Let's strive to put in a lot of effort into making a great ride! Really fill your room with exciting things to look at. NEVER leave a rider bored. Give them lots to feast their eyes on. In fact, put in some much scenery that they won't even have time to look at all. Palm Trees and crates (anything in bulk, really) make great items for riders to go "WOW" at!

~TEAM INFORMATION~
If you need to add something to the News section, please post it along with exact time and date. Thanks!

Registration is tomorrow. I think we've got everything straightened out to properly apply. Thanks for being so prompt about giving me all your information! Here's a draft of the Registration Form. If something is wrong, please Private Message me as soon as possible! I need correction by tomorrow!

Pool Patrol: Mountain Meltdown

Pool Patrol Members:
  • CL_Florida Oranges - Lifeguard
  • CL_PrincessAnnO
  • CL_thegoof
  • Tinklover
  • wdwaurora
  • RubyRubia
  • AwesomSarah
  • blueprincessemily
  • dudejoejoe
  • Kancy
  • Exoxus

If your VMK name is different than the one listed, please notify me IMMEDIATELY.

Water Slide Rooms:
  • Shallow End: Mountain Meltdown - CL_Florida Oranges
  • Castaway Key - CL_Florida Oranges
  • Chillin Out - CL_PrincessAnnO
  • Ice Away Bay - dudejoejoe
  • Team Boat Springs - Kancy
  • Blizzard Chair Lift - RubyRubia
  • Summit Plummet - wdwaurora
  • Don't Break The Ice! - AwesomSarah
  • Pardon Our Snow! - wdwaurora
  • Winter Wonderland - Exoxus
  • Frozen Water Slide - dudejoejoe
  • Ice Cap Trap - Exoxus
  • Away Bay Shore - Tinklover
  • Frozen Falls - ariellover4life
  • Snow Storm - CL_PrincessAnnO
  • The Circle Drop - CL_thegoof
  • Run Off Rapids - Kancy
  • Slip and Slide! - AwesomeSarah
  • Splash Down! - CL_Florida Oranges

~News Bulletins~
  • If you haven't done so already, please provide me with a teleporter to connect to the Lobby. This will provide access to your room from the Lobby, and you will be able to access the Lobby from your room! The Lobby is being renovated right now, so your teleporter won't go through yet. The Lobby has been changed from an Expedition Everest room to a Jungle Cruise Tent Room. - from CL_Florida Oranges as of 7:40 pm EST on 7/9/2006

People who have yet to link their rooms to the lobby:

• CarrieWannaBe
    • joe1357900
    • aurorarosesb
    • thegoof
    • Tinklover
    • ariellover4life

Don't worry if you haven't linked yet. We've got some time.

• I just won the fireworks game and guess what I got in addition to my Credits. Dum DA Dum a typhoon lagoon crate color blue. I got one for winning and one for making it to level five. So if anyone needs some make sure to play the game. - from Aurorarosesb as of 12:49pm EST on 7/9/2006

• Attention team! I am in need of some kind donations of ice for my portion of the ride! Also, if you would like, I could borrow ice and give it back to you after the event! Thank you for viewing! - from RubyRubia as of 12:36 pm on 7/6/2006

• If any of you have water rugs i really need them for my Ice Away Bay room so please tell me and we can meet on VMK and trade! - from joe1357900 as of 6:29pm GMT on 7/6/2006 (2:29pm EST)

~Other Stuff~

Water Slide Competition Details

The Build Your Own Waterslide competition is coming to VMK! This will be a team-based room competition where Players form a Pool Patrol and build their own versions of a giant water slide.

Each team is to have one Lifeguard as the team leader whose role is to coordinate the team and register the team for the competition.

Here are the rules:
  • Each Pool Patrol is to consist of no less than 6 and no more than 20 members.
  • The ride may not exceed 30 rooms in length.
  • Players may only be on one Pool Patrol team.
  • Each member of the Pool Patrol must contribute at least one room to the ride.
  • The Lifeguard must be the owner of the Shallow End room, where the team's ride begins.
  • Waterslides will be judged on color, creativity, and overall ride experience.

You must choose a name for your Pool Patrol. Choose carefully, it must be allowable in VMK and must fit into the room name, preceded by Shallow End (example: Shallow End Dumbo). No "dictionary dances" are permitted in any Pool Patrol room names (example: Shallow End Dumbo To is not allowed).

Registration will be open Monday July 10 through Sunday July 16. Only the first 200 Teams that have properly registered will be accepted. The Lifeguard will provide the names of all Pool Patrol members as well as the names of all rooms in the Pool Patrol's slide. Late entries will not be accepted.

Once a team's registration has been submitted no changes may be made to team name or team membership. Only registered teams will be judged.

Judging will take place between the following times:
Friday August 4, 2:30 - 8:30pm (Pacific)
Saturday August 5, 8:30am - 7:30pm (Pacific)
Sunday August 6, 8:30am - 7:30pm (Pacific)

Please try to keep your ride open during the event so that others can enjoy what you and your team have created.

Begin planning your water adventure!

The Typhoon Lagoon Guest Room is now available!

You can get the Typhoon Lagoon Room by completing the Typhoon Lagoon Quest - available in VMK now. Get it while it's still here!

~TEAM SUGGESTIONS~

Costume Ideas

Last edited by Oranges; 07-10-2006 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: Organizing
Old 07-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Feeling Pressure

My Mood: Adventurous
Dudejoejoe is floating through Inner Space
I agree that we need a sumit plumit. I still like my idea of a costume. I may be i little ugly but hey i mean the judges aren't judging us by the costumes we where I'm going to do a little research on Blizzard Beach for room and ride ideas!
Old 07-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Registered+

ariellover4life ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
i like the i idea of the big drop and i think the rainbow idea is awesome!
Old 07-02-2006, 03:24 PM
loves youu<33
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Wishful
PrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with Confetti
Okay Here is my idea for costumes..
  • Make Rainbow costumes
  • Have them All Different Colors
  • Have Them Maybe Have them same outfit just different colors

I'll try to post pictures but it's going to take a lot of work to post them, since their all different. lol So TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! ~Carrie

Now for the Room idea, thegoof Metioned:I think we should use props to show the melting of the snow. Like start with snow filled room>mixed snow/no snow>completely snow filled room. Along the way there would be bumps and hills and turns.

I TOTALLY AGREE!it goes perfectly with the idea and it's awesoem! would could also add the Summit Plumitt idea in it too.I love Both Ideas! What do you think team and oranges?

~Carrie
Old 07-02-2006, 03:25 PM
So many possibilities.

RubyRubia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I love the Summit Plummit idea! It really adds a thrill theme to the slide. My ideas are maybe to start off light then some more thrilling drops and hills.

Ru Ru
Old 07-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Lurker

Exoxus is covered with ConfettiExoxus is covered with ConfettiExoxus is covered with Confetti
So we should use Typhoon Lagoon rooms because its Mount Gushmore at the plummit and summit. But mostly Blizzard Beach thoguh for the other rooms.

So.. I guess the story is roughly this:

Starting Room > Snow-Filled > Less Snow > No Snow > Water > Another Water Room (More Water) > Little More Snow > Snow Fillled > Summit > Plummit > Ending Room

I could care less about the costume. lol
Old 07-02-2006, 03:28 PM
So many possibilities.

I have a question.. are you part of the team if you're on the if list?

Ru Ru
Old 07-02-2006, 03:29 PM
loves youu<33
Awards Showcase

PrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoxus
So we should use Typhoon Lagoon rooms because its Mount Gushmore at the plummit and summit. But mostly Blizzard Beach thoguh for the other rooms.

So.. I guess the story is roughly this:

Starting Room > Snow-Filled > Less Snow > No Snow > Water > Another Water Room (More Water) > Little More Snow > Snow Fillled > Summit > Plummit > Ending Room
Yes i love this idea! It goes perfectly with the idea, Mount Gushmore! I love it! I think we should use it but others may have different ideas. ~Carrie
Old 07-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Lurker

Exoxus is covered with ConfettiExoxus is covered with ConfettiExoxus is covered with Confetti
I can do the Water Room, and the Another Water Filled Room.

Heres my idea for my rooms again:

Ill get two rooms that are identical, so it can confuse riders more. Like they enter a teleporter, and end up in the same room, but going backwards on the same track. I think that would be a cool effect.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Cheetah Girlz!

Kancy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I love the changing snow effect, but i never got any snow The ice would be like the most perfect thing for this though: you can stack it and make an excelent mountain!

Just thought of another idea. For those who dont know much about summit plummit, it is a ski jump that melted through so you go practacly straight down. The 2 identical rooms could be something like you go off the ski jump, but you dont make it so you go through a teleporter to another (identical room) go backwards, then drop almost straight down. But that probably didnt make sense.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:01 PM
loves youu<33
Awards Showcase

Okay for that Siggie, Come to my room and I'll take a pic of you and post it, if your not on the siggie okay, Just search AwesomSarah
Please come now so that i can come and get more ride peices so please come ASAP! thanks ~Carrie

This is where I'll post the pictures of the team:

ariellover4life:
Old 07-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoxus
Are we confusing Mount Mayday with Mount Gushmore? Mayday is Typhoon Lagoon. Gushmore is Blizzard Beach.

I love the story idea. When I submit registry, I may need to send in some background information so Staff know what's going on when they ride it.

Ice and snow will be CRUCIAL, especially when it comes to BUILDING Mount Gushmore. I'll make an isometric view of how Gushmore should look. It would be nice if we could build the "plummet" going through the middle of the mountain or so. What do you think?

~Or@nges
Old 07-02-2006, 04:40 PM
loves youu<33
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Florida Oranges
Are we confusing Mount Mayday with Mount Gushmore? Mayday is Typhoon Lagoon. Gushmore is Blizzard Beach.

I love the story idea. When I submit registry, I may need to send in some background information so Staff know what's going on when they ride it.

Ice and snow will be CRUCIAL, especially when it comes to BUILDING Mount Gushmore. I'll make an isometric view of how Gushmore should look. It would be nice if we could build the "plummet" going through the middle of the mountain or so. What do you think?

~Or@nges
Great Idea, Though i have never been to either Water parks of WDW, But will be going to WDW This friday July 7th-July15th! Yay me! Well anyways I will not be here but when I'm there I will be going to the Waterparks and I think I'll be taking A LOT of pictures and I will be getting many Ride ideas, So when i come back, I'll sure I'll have Plenty of ideas for the my room and such, Since i've never been there. I love these I deas Oranges You have plenty Great Ideas! ~Carrie

Last edited by PrincessKala; 07-02-2006 at 05:03 PM..
Old 07-02-2006, 04:41 PM
So many possibilities.

Oranges, are you considered part of the team if you're on the if list? Because I'm on it..

Ru Ru
Old 07-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Lurker

Haha, I never been to DLR or WDW or wherever so I just guessed cause the Typhoon Lagoon room looked like a mountain.