Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Space Mountain?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:10 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Space Mountain?

Hey everyone quick question,
When I was in Disney during the summer Space Mountain was closed. I think it was supposed to reopen in November and I just remembered it a few days ago. Has anyone been on it since it reopened. If you did what is it like?
Thanks!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:17 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Mom and I were going to ride it our last trip (a couple days after it opened), but they had someone yelling that the ride was having problems and to come back later. We never rode it.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:23 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I heard about this. I wouldn't really know since I haven't been to WDW in around 2 years. I'm sure there are videos or pictures somewhere.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Grumpyy
wombat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There was not hardly any change to the ride, most of the changes were in the line areas with new displays. They removed the glow in the dark stripes on the cars and they say it is darker inside. Did not seem like they ride changed at all.

Wombat
Old 12-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I hope they made the ride cars larger. They aren't exactly friendly to people over six foot tall.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:15 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Actually it was really the queue line that changed - no such more as the ride itself, I'll post pictures in 2 weeks from now of what it currently looks like. For now I'll post a few pics in the Park Picture thread before they reopened with the lights on.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 01-05-2010, 09:07 AM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
what is it like?
The same way it was when it closed.

They just covered up the queue line so that you couldn't see the coaster, painted the walls pink and tealish, and added gates in the loading area.

Even though they promised a new track and a sound system.

Quote:
but they had someone yelling that the ride was having problems
I went during Thanksgiving week.

The ride broke down once and the People Mover broke down at least 5 times.

I was on it one of the times, I saw three of the breakdowns from outside, and the other one was when I was on Space Mountain, and I actually saw the track while the ride was moving because the lights on the People Move track were on.

They also covered up the Space Mountain viewing windows on the People Move track.

So, they don't have a new track, they covered up the queue line, the walls are pink, there's no sound system, AND they had the guts to cover up the windows to be able to see the ride from the People Move!? I liked the ride better before it was changed.

But, they do have interactive games in the queue line.

However, I use Fastpasses, because i'd rather go on more rides in a theme park than play a video game.

Last edited by StitchMayhem; 01-14-2010 at 11:54 AM..
Old 01-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
It felt darker to me. Maybe it was because I was finally in the front for my first time haha.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 

Well, they said that they made it darker, and i'm sure that they did, but the People Mover broke down for the 5th time when I finally got on to Space Mountain, so the lights for the People Mover were on, which made Space Mountain look like it was brighter, which was why I was able to see the track.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Miketic is floating through Inner Space
The only that changed is the waiting line and the ride itself. In the lines, they added some games that lets you play a short game using three buttons, these are located near the loading dock area. In the ride itself, the ride is darker since they blocked off the loading dock rooms since that was the cause of the lighting earlier. Other than that, they also changed the sign of the ride in the front to a space/lime green type and they cleaned the exterior to make it more "whiter" (not really a difference).

Old 01-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Awards Showcase

They basically did nothing.

I still want that new track that they promised.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:45 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
When I went in Dec. of 2008, I found the ride to be too bright. You could see the track, and therefore it wasn't as much fun. Can you still see the track? I would obviously still go on it, even if it wasn't fixed, but it would be more enjoyable.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
I found the ride to be too bright. You could see the track, and therefore it wasn't as much fun.
If you read my posts above, then you'll find out why it was so bright.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Awards Showcase

Bump please.

I like expressing my raw emotion towards the disappointment that I had seen the new addition called "Space Mountain" with very emotional and deep feeling text that makes me feel good about myself and empties out all of the hate inside of my body towards this sadness.

I just made that entire speech for no reason.