Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old Looking through Old E-mails and found this...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Exclamation Looking through Old E-mails and found this...

I was just randomly going through old emails until I found old messeges that I sent to VMK and with response. I couldn't believe that I still had it, so I don't mind posting them here. Also there isn't anything personal in these messeges. They will also go from oldest to recent. Don't judge me with these messeges.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each Messege is separated with these:
----------------------------------------------------------------
[2007-5-11010--22354895] VMK: Best Room Submission

Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:26:01 PM

Hello,

Thanks for submitting a Best Guest/Game or Quest Room!

The VMK Staff will review this nomination.

Remember for all Best Room, Game and Quest categories, we look for creative uses of furniture or interesting themes. Good luck and thanks for sending in the nomination.

Thank you,

--

VMK Player Support
http://www.vmk.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------
[2007-5-11010-643497058] VMK: Testers

Friday, June 29, 2007 8:02:01 PM

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to write and ask about Testers.

Testers are trained employees of Disney who specialize in testing new products and features in VMK. At the present time there are no plans to expend the Testing Team.

Regards,

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support

>Are you accepting any beta testers at any time soon? Cause, i'll help in any other way (since i'm on vacation and got nothing else to do). If there is a age requirement, i'm ** years old (my b-day is on *** **, 19**.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
[2007-8-11010-733989290] VMK: Newsletter

Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:02:11 PM

Hi there,

Our Newsletter contains the latest information on what's going on in VMK. You can find it here:
http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/help/index?name=NewsletterPage

If you have questions about the game that cannot be found in the Newsletter, ask one of your fellow players! Most Players love to help others; Community Leaders (CLs) are especially helpful, especially when it comes to questions about Hidden Mickeys, tricks for placing furniture, mini-game tips, etc. It's a great way to get to know folks in the Kingdom!

Good luck!

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support

>When and where will the new quest area be in WDW? Will it be in the same park or are you going to expand VMK Central to experience it in different parks? Also will VMK will expand to new lands or park lands? And will VMK go international?

Sorry if im asking to many questions...

miketic

--------------------------------------------------------------------
[2008-0-11010--87006441] Greetings from VMK!!!

Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:47:38 PM

Thank you for sharing your problem with us.

Please make sure that you have the most recent version of Shockwave installed on your computer, and that you have a good connection to the internet. These are the two most common reasons for problems in the game.

Below are some other things you can check to make sure your system is configured properly to play VMK…

ACTIVE X
In many work and school environments, Active X is disabled and you may be locked out of the option to enable it. If so, we suggest trying the game from home.

CACHE
Make sure your browser’s cache is cleared. This will ensure that when you restart the game, the most recent information is displayed. This will also force your browser to reload the entire screen, so it may take a few minutes to get started again.

CUSTOM SECURITY LEVEL
If you are using a custom security level on your browser, make sure that Active X controls are enabled in your Preferences menu.

POP UP BLOCKERS
If you currently have pop up blockers enabled on your browser, you may have difficulty logging into VMK.

CYBERSITTER
If you are using Cybersitter to access VMK, you will need to allow access to the following URLs for VMK to work:

www.vmk.com
Disney.go.com
Go.com
Secure.disney.go.com
Avmk.disney.go.com
www.nick.com
download.virtualmagickingdom.com
www2.virtualmagickingdom.com
game.virtualmagickingdom.com

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Your computer must meet a minimum set of requirements in order to run VMK. Please refer to http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/help/index?name=SystemRequirementsPage for more information. If your computer does not meet the listed requirements, you will experience difficulties with VMK.

MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SECURITY POP UPS
This popular browser requires you to click “yes” to the statement “This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?”

PORTS
Your computer must be permitted to make a connection to the VMK servers using a special protocol required by Shockwave. If you are using a personal firewall or are accessing the internet from a firewall-protected office, it may block access to VMK. See the above list of addresses which need to be accepted (under CYBERSITTER). For the game to function, TCP ports 80, 30000-30004, 30061, and 30062 must also be open.

Though you may not receive another message from us regarding this issue, please know that we are researching the cause of the problem and will work hard to fix it.

Once again, we thank you for sharing this issue with us and are working on the problem.

Thanks and see you in VMK soon!

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support

>With the new stuff to buy at the shops, im trying to earn the money but my computer is making the game a little lagging at most parts of playing, which means when i try to play any mini games, it just sends me out and the only mini game im good at is pirates and when i pay 21 credits, i go in but sends me back out without refunds. What can i do?

[2008-0-11010--87006441] VMK: your email

Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:47:38 PM

Thank you for contacting VMK.

Here is a helpful tip to make your inventory and character load quicker and more smoothly.

If you have a lot of items in your inventory please try placing as many as you can in a room. Make this room a storage room for items. By doing so you will be able to trade and function with other players much faster and easier.

Thanks,

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support

>With the new stuff to buy at the shops, im trying to earn the money but my computer is making the game a little lagging at most parts of playing, which means when i try to play any mini games, it just sends me out and the only mini game im good at is pirates and when i pay 21 credits, i go in but sends me back out without refunds. What can i do?

[2008-3-11010--39538855] Greetings from VMK!!!

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:48:09 PM

We are writing to inform you that we have found personally identifiable information within a chat log attached to your account.

Due to the nature of the information we have placed your account on a 30 day hold. To regain access to your account after the 30 day, please review and agree to the VMK Values here: http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/help/index?name=SafetyVMKValuesPage.
We are concerned about your safety online, so exchanging personal information through Disney’s community of websites is not permitted. This includes information like your name, age, email address, school name, phone number or city of residence.
Please take this time to visit our netiquette page at http://home.disney.go.com/guestservices/netiquette to learn more about online safety and manners. Understand that this 30 day hold serves as a reminder to promote a safer, more pleasant online experience for all guests. However, keep in mind that further violations of the Terms of Use may result in account suspension or termination.

Thank you,

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support

>Please, i am sorry for doing that. I did that because i am just so mad that vmk is closing and gave her that message because she my first and best friend there and my only friend i ever talk too...
i promise not to do that again or you can ban me forever.

sorry

[2008-4-11010--26242612] Greetings from VMK!!!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 12:31:22 PM

Thank you for contacting VMK.

We appreciate your interest in Virtual Magic Kingdom and concern regarding the game’s closing.
Deciding to close VMK was a very difficult decision for us because we loved creating VMK just as much as you loved playing it. But in a company that encourages innovation and creativity we have decided to “keep moving forward” and exploring where the future takes as, because in the words of Walt Disney, “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
Thank you for being part of this journey with us, and we hope we continue to see you at Disney.com enjoying what we imagine next!
Thanks for contacting VMK.

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support

> Can i or someone like another huge company buy/take the ownership of the game to keep it running? Sorry this is a pathetic question but i want to see if i can keep it operating and keeping the magic going for me and the world.

As you can see, some of the links work and some of them just lead to the same Disney site. I had flashbacks reading these and I still miss VMK so much.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Registered+

My Mood: VMK
Gamecrazy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That's pretty cool that you found some of those old emails, I never did contact VMK staff so I have none to share
Old 12-09-2010, 02:53 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Those are interesting. I only have the gingerbread house competition emails saved still.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:38 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
That last one is really saddening.
Keep moving forward.
Lawl.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:13 AM
i am AceNima on vmk
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award 
Total Awards: 1

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
acenima has disabled reputation
[2007-11-11010--19187450] Greetings from VMK!!!‏

Thank you for writing VMK about the Community Leader program.

The Community Leader program came from the desire of our players to help others experience VMK. Through answering questions and providing help to new and seasoned players, the Community Leader program helped to make VMK the enjoyable place it is today.

We are in the process of redeveloping the Community Leader role within VMK. During this time, all current Community Leader titles are being retired.

Once we are ready, we will be once again accepting Community Leader applications. All former Community Leaders will need to reapply for Community Leader status, and selections will be made on a new set of criteria.

Until further notice, we are not accepting any Community Leader applications.

Thanks and see you in VMK soon!

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support

>Is the CL_ program still in game?

if no when is it coming back?

__________________________________________________ _________

[2006-7-11010-806476343] VMK: your suggestion‏

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestions. We will consider them carefully.

Thanks,

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support

>I am sending a suggestion in for you staff. I would really like Black and Pink Flip Flops in the game please and thank you. lots of people like those colors and i would really like to wear those colors also. please review this and take this idea for consideration. you staff work hard and great keep up the good work.