Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Polls & Surveys > Norwegian Blue

Norwegian Blue POLLY WANT A CRACKER?!!! IT'S A DEAD POLLY!

Old Nick vs Disney Channel: Which do you prefer?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: Nick or Disney?
Nick 30 41.10%
Disney 43 58.90%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2009, 05:38 PM
A Girl in a waffle world!
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: VMK
CooAyegirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Its hard to choose from. I barely remember to watch Nick and i always used to watch Disney when i was so little. So.. Disney just all the way.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Disneyland Fangirl
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Boo!
Silverpsycho is as Frosty as a Snowman
Both these channels have had high points and extremely low ones. Unfortunately I believe they are both not all that great these days. They both were at their peak in the '90s and then Disney held onto it for a bit longer than Nick did, but then they just lost it. I lost interest in The Disney Channel when they started the show The Suite Life of Zack and Cody because that's around the time when the Disney Original Movies were going downhill and the better older ones weren't being shown as much.

My only reason for voting Nick now is because I watch Spongebob, Drake & Josh and then several shows on Nick @ Nite. So in all honesty, I barely watch either Nick or Disney Channel because they are just nothing like how they used to be. I'd rather watch Food Network or Discovery Channel over Nick or Disney any day.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 PM
What's up??
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

My Mood: Excited
CrazyKeeperLovedVMK is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I would have to say Nick. I mean come on. Drake and Josh, iCarly, and Spongebob are like my favorite shows ever.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:37 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I couldn't pick one or the other.
I never watch either channel.
Disney used to be my favorite but then I grew up and the shows got worse and worse.
I like Nick because the shows are hilarious
and TeenNick is more meant for teens.
But I only watch like 2 shows on it,
iCarly and Drake and Josh ;D
Old 02-28-2009, 10:58 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Disney Channel! It has Wizards of Waverly Place, Suite Life on Deck, and best of all... HANNAH MONTANA!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:41 PM
I miss VMK!
Awards Showcase
Epitaph Participant's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Super Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 17

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: QuiteMad
LexieandTink is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, i'm not THAT familiar with Nick. i've never seen Drake and Josh and barely seen iCarly, but those are supposed to be good. SpongeBob is really good.
But, i prefer Disney. I like Hannah Montana, Sonny With a Chance, and SUITE LIFE ON DECK! yaaay!
Old 03-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Disney.
They think more outside the box.
Nick keep shows on too long. Spongebob, Fairyodd parents. Old, Boring, Immature.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Disneyland Fangirl
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 

My Mood: Boo!
Silverpsycho is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkglitter View Post
Disney.
They think more outside the box.
Nick keep shows on too long. Spongebob, Fairyodd parents. Old, Boring, Immature.
I don't know if I'd go that far. Take a look at how long Disney has been re-airing the same material over the years. I don't know if I'd consider most of Disney's shows to be all that mature and above anything on Nick either. Their value is pretty much equivalent if you ask me.

True, I personally do not like The Fairly Oddparents but Spongebob is a great show and at least new episodes are still being created. When was the last time Disney had a great animated series with original material? I find it kind of sad they don't when the channel originally started off surrounding the world of animation. After all, Disney is the pioneer for the animation world and you think they'd take it to the next level. Oh well, I guess we're stuck with repeats of Hannah Montana and That's So Raven until that happens.

For the most part, I do agree that Nick is stale with a great deal of material but in taking a look at current shows still being filmed and new material in the works, Nick is more on top of its game. Disney kind of needs the makeover but they are both due in the end.

Last edited by Silverpsycho; 03-02-2009 at 12:01 AM..
Old 03-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Birth By Sleep <3
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Gumshoe Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Ethereal
Kairi_Sora is as Frosty as a Snowman
I voted for Nick. Both channels have repeats/re-runs, but since I missed a lot of shoes on Nick, I watch it a lot more than Disney Channel. The only time I ever watch Disney Channel is for Sonny With A Chance, and that's just SOMETIMES. I like most of the shows on Nick- iCarly,Drake+Josh,SpongeBob, etc. I used to watch Disney Channel before, but then I grew up and the shows went way downhill in my opinion.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 PM
SPEED DEMON<3
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Design an Outfit Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Cloud_9
Akovia is floating through Inner Space
Nick ALL the way. I love NBB, Spongebob, Mighty B, and Drake and Josh.
Disney is OK, I watched it a lot over the summer because Nick didn't give NBB only once because of a digital download day
Old 03-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Awards Showcase
Epitaph Participant's Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Procastinating
Palkia is as Frosty as a Snowman
well on my opinion, none.
well, they both lost it. Mighty B stinks, they repeat hannah montana, they hardly show Drake and Josh (i love that show!), and um, yea.
i go with animes now.

I'm a scene kid XP
Old 03-27-2009, 01:03 AM
hi

My Mood: SaveVMK
evina is spinning in a Cursed Storm
How about... neither?

But Nick is better than Disney by far.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Registered+

My Mood: Artistic
teddyfruitgirl333 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I prefer Nick because my FAVORITE show is on it, Spongebob XD. I have seen EVERY episode.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Nickelodean.. I just.. How do I say this? The... The shows on disney are just bad! There I said it.. xD
- ace
Old 04-24-2009, 10:51 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Wow, where do I start? I don't like either that much...
I mean I used to love Disney Channel, and I still like some shows {Raven, Replacements, NORMAL Suite Life}, and when I was little I watched Nick Jr. {Dora, Little Bill}, but Disney Channel is just getting too focused on teen girls--the stereotype. It's as if they're saying: "All girls love Hannah Montana, Camp Rock, Jonas Bros., and HSM... 1, 2, & 3!" And I'll say this: I sort of liked Hannah Montana two years ago; the show was sometimes funny. Camp Rock was entertaining, not because of the Jo. Bros., I sort of liked the idea. I watched the first HSM at my friend's house, she suggested it. But I can't just plainly say, "I LOVE THEM!" I just can't.
I can't stand iCarly or Drake & Josh--well, maybe but it's not easy. But I LOVE Spongebob. It's a living classic =) But "Spectacular" or whatever (lol) is just made with the same HSM-ish stuff--teens who sing about...random stuff.

So... if I had to chose, Disney, because of the old shows and Replacements.