Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Disney.com Terms of Use - Updated 5/6/08

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: BanHappy
Flame Gun is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipstersh View Post
Actually, we did agree to the following:

So they can force us to abide by any new rules. HOWEVER, in this version of the 'WDIG Terms of Use' (unchanged from an older version as well - so we have agreed to them), they have stated that the changes would be effective 30 days after they have been added to the site and/or e-mailed to you. I don't have a record of which changes were added today, but if it was important for allowing VMK to close or fix any issues of VMK closing, it won't be effective until 30 days from today, or June 5th, well after VMK closes.

If we can find out which changes were made, and how/if we can use them effectively, we might have found a loophole.
Thank You For Finding That, my legal brain did not find .

Here's What This Loophole Can do for Us:
Buy Us Another Year at VMK (Disney Pays for Servers By the Year)
Buys Us Time To Convience Disney to make the Game Pay To Play
Old 05-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks To All!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: Bahahaha
Nickpf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I know I will be called a party pooper, but Disney has every right to say this. I mean they are in control of everything Disney related. If I owned a game and I deciced to close it down, well thats my desicion. I ranted up there ^^^^^^^ but now that I read the thing on the website I get what they are saying. Yes we didn't agree to this 3 what years ago but you will see this statement in just about every terms of use.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickpf View Post
I know I will be called a party pooper, but Disney has every right to say this. I mean they are in control of everything Disney related. If I owned a game and I deciced to close it down, well thats my desicion. I ranted up there ^^^^^^^ but now that I read the thing on the website I get what they are saying. Yes we didn't agree to this 3 what years ago but you will see this statement in just about every terms of use.
The Point Is Here Nick, If we don't agree to this for 30 Days, they can't close VMK. If we find the stuff was not included before.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACECpt.RICH View Post
Well is this just a ray of sunshine...

How about those who agreed to the terms of service before today? So, techniqually, I would think they don't have the legal right to terminate the game without reason seeing as nobody agreed to that.
I smell a loop-hole
Old 05-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase

Actually, No Loop Hole, Sorry. It was there a year ago that is on WDIG Aulstralia At least.

They May Be able to Terminate Sites for no reason... But Does it Explain in there they reserve the right to make 10,000 People Sad? Does it Explain They Reserve the right to crush dreams? Does it Explain They Reserve the right to a pratically running by itself economy and community?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks To All!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipstersh View Post
Actually, we did agree to the following:

So they can force us to abide by any new rules. HOWEVER, in this version of the 'WDIG Terms of Use' (unchanged from an older version as well - so we have agreed to them), they have stated that the changes would be effective 30 days after they have been added to the site and/or e-mailed to you. I don't have a record of which changes were added today, but if it was important for allowing VMK to close or fix any issues of VMK closing, it won't be effective until 30 days from today, or June 5th, well after VMK closes.

If we can find out which changes were made, and how/if we can use them effectively, we might have found a loophole.
We have found no loophole. Disney is being resonable about this. May I recall that 30 (or 29 like it makes a differnce) days ago VMK annocuned it closing? And as you clearly stated this amendment is unchanged since the older verison. So today or tomorrow, Disney could close VMK. They have every right to do this.

Last edited by TopazR; 05-07-2008 at 09:47 AM..
Old 05-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Keep VMK Alive!!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
HaveAMagicalDay is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gun View Post
Actually, No Loop Hole, Sorry. It was there a year ago that is on WDIG Aulstralia At least.

They May Be able to Terminate Sites for no reason... But Does it Explain in there they reserve the right to make 10,000 People Sad? Does it Explain They Reserve the right to crush dreams? Does it Explain They Reserve the right to a pratically running by itself economy and community?
Feel the same way but this stuff is more on legal matters, they can put pretty much whatever they want in their terms of use.

Also, if we did find a "loophole", Disney would quickly fix it so quick it'd make our heads spin lol.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickpf View Post
We have found no loophole. Disney is being resonable about this. May I recall that 30 (or 29 like it makes a differnce) days ago VMK annocuned it closing? And as you clearly stated this amendment is unchanged since the older verison. So today or tomorrow, Disney could close VMK. They have every right to do this. CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!

We are not talking about the day they annonced VMK was closing, it fits nothing in to what we are talking about, and we are not saying they have no right to.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks To All!
Awards Showcase

Then what are we talking about? A loophole for?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase

The Day VMK Announced They Were Closing Has Nothing To Do With It
We were questioning the fact that did Disney Just add those "Rights" Now. Or Did They have them in the first place.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:00 AM
hi
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
MsBored is as Frosty as a Snowman
They are just looking for taking money out of 'Disney' 'fans' No way I'm trusting Disney anymore.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Keep VMK Alive!!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
HaveAMagicalDay is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBored View Post
They are just looking for taking money out of 'Disney' 'fans' No way I'm trusting Disney anymore.
Di$ney has done this for a while, I'm not surprised in this, but I am mad.

Why does the world have to be all about the money?

Last edited by HaveAMagicalDay; 05-07-2008 at 01:23 AM.. Reason: removed previous edit I made
Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I just wanted to say that I did not post this because I thought there was any kind of loop hole or anything like that. I just wanted to post the real Disney operations going on. It's not a happy little place to make kids dreams come true. It's really not about creating lovable cartoon characters. It's all about a company that has become so big that the thoughts/needs/feelings of their costumer is no longer important.
It's all about the money.
How can any company state they can do whatever they choose with or without reason.
That statement alone is just crazy.
Loyalty obviously means nothing to this company that has strayed well beyond the dreams of the man it was named after.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:37 AM
So's your face :p
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Insomnious
iLoveTheRain has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyth View Post
I just wanted to say that I did not post this because I thought there was any kind of loop hole or anything like that. I just wanted to post the real Disney operations going on. It's not a happy little place to make kids dreams come true. It's really not about creating lovable cartoon characters. It's all about a company that has become so big that the thoughts/needs/feelings of their costumer is no longer important.
It's all about the money.
How can any company state they can do whatever they choose with or without reason.
That statement alone is just crazy.
Loyalty obviously means nothing to this company that has strayed well beyond the dreams of the man it was named after.
QFE

And as for the loophole, even if it were legally binding enough, it would not force them to leave the site open. It would only force them to pay for damages incurred to parties over the" breach of contract by closing", and the burden of proof would be on you. Good luck with that suit
Old 05-07-2008, 01:40 AM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
Bye to me buying anymore Disney stuff. They must not care what Walt would do in this situation.

- Pinky :]