Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Trading Post

Trading Post Arrange, Offer, Request Trading of Items, Pins and other things from Virtual Magic Kingdoms

Old posts asking for the trading of ACTUAL TRADING CARDS

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Silly Princess is covered with ConfettiSilly Princess is covered with ConfettiSilly Princess is covered with Confetti
Exclamation posts asking for the trading of ACTUAL TRADING CARDS

*DANGEROUS TREND*

Lately I've come across a dangerous trend of threads/posts asking for the trading of ACTUAL TRADING CARDS.

This is not allowed on vmkforums due to asking/receiving personal information to complete such trades. (Real life names and addresses.)

These threads/posts will be removed by moderators as they're found, and warnings will be sent.

As always, please report bad posts by using the Report Post button, rather than replying within the thread. Thank you all for doing your part to keep vmkforums a happy and safe site.

*New Sig Coming Soon*
Old 01-03-2006, 05:50 PM
I miss my mocha cat :(

Miss.Adventure ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
on the second 1 you made i said thanks i want to say it again There have been many people telling their real names in real life thanks for posting this!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:51 PM
1994-2006 R.I.P.

The Great Funstitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Princess
*DANGEROUS TREND*

Lately I've come across a dangerous trend of threads/posts asking for the trading of ACTUAL TRADING CARDS.

This is not allowed on vmkforums due to asking/receiving personal information to complete such trades. (Real life names and addresses.)

These threads/posts will be removed by moderators as they're found, and warnings will be sent.

As always, please report bad posts by using the Report Post button, rather than replying within the thread. Thank you all for doing your part to keep vmkforums a happy and safe site.
Yeah Trading Actual Trading Cards Is Bad Thanks For Bringing That Up.

-Funstitch
Old 01-03-2006, 06:34 PM

jdrocks ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Um....[name deleted] made a actual trading card post...and thanks Silly Princess you rock!! Thanks for telling us this stuff.

-----------------------------------------------

It's a small world after all.

Last edited by GreatGatsby; 01-03-2006 at 07:05 PM..
Old 01-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Believe It !

Narutolover25 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
thanks for the warning
Old 01-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered+

Union_Angel is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks!,for keeping the forums safe yay mods! LOL
Old 01-03-2006, 07:28 PM
I come in peace...

Tandrew is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Talking

Thanks, lots of people needed to know that! Now Forums can be a safer and better place!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:53 PM
WDW Tours Provided Daily!
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Stunt is floating through Inner Space
I can agree with the safety issue but I have to say I totally disagree.

As some who is an avid trading card collector (which was the reason I started playing VMK in the first place) I have no other way of getting some of the DLR trading cards other then to try and trade them, or do the mods condone using Ebay to buy them.

I'm sure no one here will in any way shape or form condone us to go to Ebay and buy the cards as we've seen what happens whenever someone uses that word here, people get up in arms and begin arguing about it.

As a resposible adult I think I can regulate my own actions and if I (through PM and not public forum) am willing to divulge my name and address to someone I see no harm or fowl. I have already conducted trades on this board and other boards with numberous people and everthing has gone smoothly.

So, rather than bashing this and telling everyone to stop, why don't we come up with some sort of a system to help fellow members get trading cards if they want them.

I leave it up to the MODS. Let's try to figure something out for those wanting to do it. Or are you saying, going back to paragraph 1, buy them on Ebay and deal with it.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:00 PM
DysLEFTic Southern Yankee
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

greenhpper has disabled reputation
As an unintentional offender :blush8: (I learned the lesson teacher) I wonder, just as there are special forums (rants, and secrets), if could there be an adult (18+) forum that requires some sort of verification to belong to? Or is there a community that is for adults that I can find using Google.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:04 PM
♥L|O|V|E♥

CrazyAlly has disabled reputation
thanks for keeping VMKF safe MODS! MODS ROCK MY SOXS!lol

~CrazyAlly~
Old 01-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Silly Princess is covered with ConfettiSilly Princess is covered with ConfettiSilly Princess is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunticonaol
I'm sure no one here will in any way shape or form condone us to go to Ebay and buy the cards as we've seen what happens whenever someone uses that word here, people get up in arms and begin arguing about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunticonaol
So, rather than bashing this and telling everyone to stop
vmkforums has no control nor wishes to stop anyone from using eBay. Just don't post about it, since it's an outside link that's not allowed.

We're also in no way bashing anything, only enforcing the "G" rated rules. Due to the large amount of children on the site, we cannot allow any trading of personal information. Children's safety is our main concern here.

*New Sig Coming Soon*
Old 01-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhpper
As an unintentional offender :blush8: (I learned the lesson teacher) I wonder, just as there are special forums (rants, and secrets), if could there be an adult (18+) forum that requires some sort of verification to belong to? Or is there a community that is for adults that I can find using Google.

This I could totally agree with. I have in fact done trades with Greenhpper and have even had a chance to meet her in WDW. I have tried to limit what I do to what I feel in my opinion are responsible adults to avoid any interaction with kids and avoid any issues. I put it to the mods to come up with something to help us out. As greenhpper said and I agree with, why not have some sort of dedicated forum to help us.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:41 PM

PinkPokaDot has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PinkPokaDot has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I as a teenager would not want to give out my adress but I can see where older members of the forums are coming from.I think that somehow there should be a way that if you are an adult you can be allowed to do this.Or if there was away to get parents permissions ( like my dadis on the forums so he clould do it for me)
Old 01-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPokaDot
I as a teenager would not want to give out my adress but I can see where older members of the forums are coming from.I think that somehow there should be a way that if you are an adult you can be allowed to do this.Or if there was away to get parents permissions ( like my dadis on the forums so he clould do it for me)
Once again- agree.

Mods what are your thoughts on this.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Awards Showcase

Sorry for the double post but I just had a great idea.

I haven't seen many people that actually trade cards so I don't think this will affect that many people, but I could be wrong.

Have any and all trading of cards be MOD regulated.

Meaning, anyone that wants to trade cards they will PM mods.
The person trading will mail them to a MOD and the MOD will mail them to the person, this way only MODS know what's going on.

Each person could include $1 or $2 so that the MODS could get the packaging and shipping paid for and have extra on each one to contribute to the website. This way trades can be safely done and the website gets a small contribution.

I would even volunteer my self (I know I am not a MOD but would be willing to help) to do this.

What do you guys think???