Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > The Other Magic Kingdoms

The Other Magic Kingdoms Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, all the other Disney parks looking for a forum of their own

Old Disney Cruise Line

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

TheFireworkZach is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disney Cruise Line

Well, I was wondering if anyone has been on a Disney Cruise or any cruise at all. I went on a Western Caribbean DCL Cruise in the Fall of 2004 (Replaced Grand Caymon with Costa Maya because of the hurricanes) and I have also been on a Carnival Cruise Line Mexican Rivera cruise in the Fall of 2005. I am going on a normal Western Caribbean Cruise next fall (2008) and I am pretty excited to do this again.

For some reason, even though there are no roller coasters or anything like that, it seems like this style of vacationing is WAY better than any other vacations I have been on and I have been to some nice places (Maui (Going again also in 2008), both Disney Park multiple times, Mexico, etc..).

Anyways, have you guys ever been able to enjoy a Disney Cruise and if you have, what was your favorite part(s).

- Zach
Old 12-14-2007, 02:37 AM
Twitterpatted!
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PrincessSofia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hear The Sledges With The Bells, Silver Bells...

I haven't, but I've heard that they're fantabulous!

...What A World Of Merriment Their Melody Fortells.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:00 PM
¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

AlexKZ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've been lucky enough to be on 3 Disney cruises, all with great things happening on each.

On my first Disney Cruise, it was the Eastern Carribean that went to St. Martin, St. Thomas, and Castaway Key. This was the week The Curse of the Black Pearl hit theaters, so the cruise had a midnight showing, just like on land in the US.

My second cruise was the Western Carribean, which went to Key West, Cozzemal (SP?), and Castway Key. This was the cruise where I met a soon to be friend, who actually live where I did at the time. We are still friends.

My most current cruise was a Double the Magic Cruise! We went to Castaway Key, Cozzemal (SP?), some other place which I can't recall, then Castway Key again. This cruise was at the same time as Pirates: Dead man's Chests came out in theaters. They showed this on the big screen on deck 10 at midnight.

All 3 were on the disney magic!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
We have been on three Disney cruises (Once on the wonder, twice on the magic), and we have another two booked. (Wonder and magic). The cruises are like nothing anyone has experienced before, and probably never will again. The quality of the food, staff, activites and general upkeep is not something to be put into words. Our last cruises was in 2005, and it was on the Disney Magic. I'd just started playing VMK, so it was also our first time to the parks whilst knowing about VMK. I was younger than I am now, but I'm still pretty sure I'm gonna enjoy it.
Ok, I'm a big kid, but you can't help going down to Deck 2 and visiting Ocean Quest can you? Ocean Quest is where you can control a virtual ship, and guide / drive it around obsticles. Of course, you can choose to dock the DCL into Castaway Cay. I dread to thing how many hours I spent in there..

If gaming and such is not your thing, the onboard entertainment is 5 star. Movies shown every day, a stage show every night (see my new thread soon for a new one coming up), free food and beverages on deck and 24-hour room service. You can't really describe the full benefits of Disney Cruise Line until you have actually been on it for yourself.

Also on our last cruise, we were sent to Costa Maya instead of Grand Cayman too. This was because of the hurricanes, and you have to board a seperate boat to get to land.

I encourage everyone to book a Disney Cruise in the near future. It's just one of those things you HAVE to do. Just about to make a thread about a new stage show which will be on the Disney Wonder... Toy Story anyone?
Old 01-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Destiny Took It's Toll
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Artistic
awsomeboy ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Ive only been on two but they were awesome